It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh my GOD. College tuition is RIDICULOUS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
School of hard knocks here.
My tuition was every time I messed up and had to return to a job I messed up on.
My tuition was very low by the way.
I'm sure someday there will be a degree in plumbing rather than just a simple licensing process.
The school of hard knocks does not invest in "the man".

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
So I'm half way through my bachelors at devry (great school) for web/graphic design. My tuition was 67k. Well they just let me know they gave a modest increase starting June 2012.

It went from 67,000 to 71k. Seventy one THOUSAND dollars. That's for online. For those LIVING there on campus, it rose to 110k

Every single on campus person is 100k or more for tuition now. How.... why... what?????????? WHAT?

It's disgusting. Not to mention the fact they make you take stupid classes that have nothing to do with your degree at all. Like 4 classes of science at 2000 each is going to really help my web/graphic design.

I'm so PISSED right now I'm spitting fire. It'd be cheaper to leave Country. I swear. What's it going to be next year? 77k? ugh. Hindsight is SO loud right now. I shoulda done a trade school but I had zero idea about that even existing. I took online because I have no car and figured it'd be easier and to do it at my own time.

by the time I pay that crap off, it'll be over 150k with interest.

Do NOT do college. Do a trade school

Whatever happened to the days where if you had aptitude, you'd learn on the job and get trained that way? Hands on training and after a few years you'd be a pro at what you did? Why does everyone require a stupid 500 thousand dollar piece of paper to have you indebted for life? Why?

ugh.
I go to a school like Devry when I'm finished it will cost me $82,000 dollars and most of the people at my school are in the program that you are in or game design. The problem is so many people want that job the market is filled to the brim. I picked IT field information security field and have a previous back ground in telecommunications my wife went business. One thing that all of the people who attend our school and are not trying to get a degree in web design/game design know is that their is no job openings for that field. It's a sucker program which is a half art/ half adobe or art computer programs. 70% of your classes are fluff art classes no offense. Majoring in art is risky no matter what school you attend. But hey you can beat the system by enrolling in college till you die then you will never have to pay it back just do full time credits every year. I tell you now get out of that program and enroll in a field that people might find boring, accounting,IT ect

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Im tempted on taking a 7 month course in medical transcription for 2200 dollars just so I can start working, making like 16/hr and pay off that stupid loan as MT is needed big time. Any and all medical jobs are. Sad i gotta go to school in something else to pay off web/graphic design. When I started web/graphic design in 2010, the market was BOOMING for it. I think that's the crap with every career choice. when you start, it's in high demand. by the time you graduate, everyone has done it due to it being in high demand so then they got more positions to fill than positions open.
And because everyone was taking that in demand field, no one else took in others so THOSE open up for in demand. People rush to take THOSE: nothing is in demand upon graduation for any field from here to the end of time.

That is the secret of it all. Right there.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by Propulsion
Tuition is pretty expensive. I spent the better part of 6 years in college. After everything was said and done, it ran me about $80,000. It took me some time, but I paid it off.

I hope this thread doesn’t turn into one of those…..”I shouldn’t have to pay anything because..Blah, blah, blah.

Nothing good in life is free and anything worth having take’s hard work and dedication.

If you want something bad, than do what it takes to obtain it. You knew what you were in for before you jumped on the band wagon, so don’t expect everyone else to pay your way when you can’t make it happen afterwards..

Nothing good in life is free

I respectfully disagree.
Sure there are a lot of wonderful things in life that aren’t free, but if I want to take a vacation out in the Bahamas to lay on a beach, drink a few cocktails, and check out the sunset, it’s going to take a little money to make that happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

It's even more ridiculous when you realize they are making you pay for the indoctrination that you're going to get for free anyway.

It's a lose/lose situation anyway. Go to college, be in debt, be a slave...don't go to college, be a slave sooner.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yeah I am in college and it's horrible how much it costs. I am so perplexed how some countries manage to afford to send their citizens to college for free for up to 6 years, and with monthly stipends of up to $1000, and manage free healthcare to everyone. I know many people think the US is all that, but once you have a look around at how other countries are managing, you will see how bad it is here. Our country should invest in it's young, not discourage and saddle them with so much debt that it will become impossible to get out from under it. It's completely messed up.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
so interest on student loans is about to double .... not kidding double

in July...

May wanna vote for Romney... Just sayin

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join