It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drowning Woman in SUV Saved Miraculously (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
A woman who can't swim is in her SUV. She and the car are swept up into a fast moving current. The windows are sealed tight. Doors locked shut. The car disappears, sinking into the 10 foot deep muddy swift moving waters. People try frantically to get her out but can't break the windows or open the doors under the water. Suddenly one man feels her arm and she clings to him. She is pulled out and survives. When the car is brought up ... all the windows are still tightly sealed and the doors still locked shut.

Miracle or something else? I'm going with miracle.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 4/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: edited because I can't get the darn youtube thing to take ... ugh ...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There you go mate

Very interesting indeed.

I will need to watch the video a couple of times.

vvv

Edit: Watched it now a couple of times. If you play frame by frame from about 33 to 35 seconds in the clip, it would appear that the rear window does indeed break, the rear left window, if you are sitting in the car.

vvv
edit on 7-4-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this. It's most interesting, but more importantly it was wonderful to see people get involved and save this woman's life. Her rescuers may never fully realize the full importance of what they achieved, but by giving her that chance to live on they have done something very special indeed.

"If you save one life, you save the whole world."

It's true: because if we all lived by that philosophy, then for one thing, all the wars and killings would stop.

But back to the practical: if the car has power windows (which is likely), then it's quite possible that for a few moments, while the water was flooding in and messing with the electrical system, a window could wind down then a few seconds later go back up again. (Notice how the wipers were going even after the car's battery and much of the electrics were under water? Weird things happen when cars get dunked.)

EDIT to add: forgot to mention that whether a window opened through an electrical short or not, yes -- it's still a miracle.

And that unemployed store manager named Howard Absetz, who was the one who grabbed her arm and pulled her out: please, someone give that man a job! Not just because of what he did, but for what it says of his character.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 7/4/12 by JustMike because: typo (and edit added)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
it would appear that the rear window does indeed break, the rear left window, if you are sitting in the car.

I see that ... is the hole in the glass big enough for the women to get through?
It doesn't seem to be to me. But you think so? Maybe ...
If she could squeeze through (which I doubt) she didn't get cut up by glass.
The folks there said it was a miracle ... she shouldn't have gotten out.

Easter weekend ... I'm going with the miracle ..

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Miracle or something else?

Miracle...no. Something else...yes.

I'm going with..... A group of brave and non-selfish people that risked their lives to save a woman who almost drowned one of her saviors. Oh... and you can clearly see that the back passenger window was not closed, but even though they made this story seem like it was magic.. it's nice to see something positive reported.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Easter weekend ... I'm going with the miracle ..

Mate, if that is what you believe, then so be it!

You know what? I will go with you this, its a miracle.

We need something positive for a chance.

vvv

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The guy at the end says all four windows were still closed.
If it broke, which I thought I saw too, how did it repair itself?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Yes indeed, and that is the mystery. Note when they show the vehicle afterwards, it is shown from the right side, the left is not visible, however, I have made up my mind and my analysis is done.

Its a miracle.

vvv

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

If the window went down just enough time for the woman to get out, and for no one to "see" that happen is truly a miracle! It is possible that she hit the button once then apparently hit it on the way out. It would be interesting to see if that vehicle had automatic windows, not just down but up too!!!

About no one seeing it happen??? Well it has been written "let the blind see, and the deaf hear!!!

I am wide awake!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Hmmmmm....

I know this will seem crazy but....

Maybe the girl pushed the button for the window to roll down either on purpose or in a panic.
Then with the car being submerged and the window being electric it malfunctioned and the window rolled up.

No that's crazy. It was a miracle.

Regardless it's a very cool story. thanx for posting.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I thought at first it was the window breaking but if you watch it a few times you can clearly see it is a reflection of a tree in the background and when the car was going down it picked up the bush on the banks and the tree or bush appeared. Because a window just wont break in the middle then go outwards. PEACE

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It "appears" that the rear left passenger window breaks, but I don't think it does, as later on as the car is pulled out, a similar 'tearing' near the rear passenger right window, which looks like the sort of degradation you'd see from vhs tape? Also it appears a few times elsewhere on the car for a split second, a dark line.

Also, if the rear left passenger window breaks, it appears to break from the outside..... and I'd guess that all involved would be aware of a smashed window and not go onto say it is something bizarre.

Weird!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Well as I said, weird things happen when cars get dunked.
Once a car is underwater just about anything can happen with the electrics. No need to hit any buttons, in fact. Things just run (or stop) all by themselves. The water being so dirty I doubt anyone could have seen anything.

And yes, if it has power windows, they could go down and then up again.

But whatever occurred with the car under water, that lady is alive because some selfless people took the risk to go and help her. That's what matters most to me.

Best regards,

Mike

edit on 7/4/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just because the door was closed when the vehicle was recovered, doesn't mean it was closed the whole time. The water flowing past while it was being pulled out could have easily shut the door. But, people are going to see what they want to see.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thread already posted 3 days ago here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the search bar.
edit on 7-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That was in off topic religion. This is metaphysics. It's a lil' bit different discussion.

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Could be optical tricks of the eyes thinking it broke. The reporters are very clear. The windows were all up and secure. They said it was impossible for her to have gotten out.

QUESTION- if a car with electronic locks goes underwater, don't the locks freeze locked?
Would the doors be able to be opened if they were locked? Opened and then closed again?

I'm still thinking metaphysical miracle ... (it's the season
)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The front glass? Is that just stressed, or is there a "hole" there? IF she goes through the front, how does she do so against all the water that would be pouring into the car? Wouldn't she be cut?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I didnt see the back window broken
edit on 8-4-2012 by drivebricker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Occam's Razor...

The simple explanation is the most likely. She exitied via opening the driver door. She managed to open it enough to get an arm out and the man pulled from there. The driver door is perpindicular to the rush of the river. Once she was assisted out through the door, the pressure from the oncoming flow closed the door. Now, if they show the interior and it almost bone dry with little mud, implying that no window or door ever opened, then I'll consider the miracle.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Thread already posted 3 days ago here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the search bar.
edit on 7-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

You seem to think that the rule is that only one thread is allowed to exist. No similar threads. That is only true if they are in the same forum. They are both allowed to stay open, if they are in different forums. And they are. So, no problem.

Now you know. Besides, it comes across as rude when people make posts like you did. If you see an issue, alert the mods and let them handle it. It's what they are there for. I hope you don't mind me correcting you on that. I know you meant well( I've made the same mistake before), I just hate to see you risk getting an OT or something.

Anyway, I am not sure what to make of it. All I can think of is some kind of malfunction with the windows. As some one else suggested, perhaps she pressed the window down button in a panic and then it malfunction because of the water and rolled back up?

Maybe the door was opened and then closed again because of the pressure of the water and she just forgot she opened it with all the adrenaline going through her and all? I really don't know. I do think there is a logical explanation.

Normally, I kind of role my eyes when some one says " Wait for phage!", but I admit, I am curious to see what he has to say as far as a possible explanation for how this happened.

All I can do is speculate. I don't think it was a miracle though...Personally.

Peace and love

GST

edit on 12-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join