It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Under Your Bed ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
To this day I don't like sleeping with my feet out from under the covers or with my arm hanging off the bed. A habit born from childhood fears i always thought there was alligators under my bed when i turned off the light they were just waiting to bite me i still have this fear of looking under my bed..So whats under your bed? Or your childhood fears of what might be hideing under your bed at night when the lights go out? Peace,sugarcookie1

It's every night, the same routine
Feels like something is creeping up on me

What's that lurking behind that door
Aarrrghh!

Monsters chasing after me
I get no sleep
I'm running but no matter what
It gets me no where
Something is under my bed
Snapping at my leg

I'm frozen

I'm not freaked out, it creeps and crawls
I can not, I can not sleep with out a light..HORRORPOPS LYRICS

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Lucky for me my bed sets on the floor however I can not sleep in darkness. I have to have some form of light on such as the tv. I dont like not being able to see in my room when i wake up at 2am. I have read to many alien abduction books haha.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I have a loft bed, so, when I climb up my little ladder my face is like 2.5ft away from the ceiling.
It's really comfy since I like small closed in spaces.

What's under my bed? Well, since it's a loft bed, I have a desk with my desktop computer, and a pricey massage chair I sit in.

Edit: If I push the massage chair up against one of the supports and turn the chair on (it has a timer) me whole bed will vibrate a little in a nice distracting way that is quite soothing to go sleep to.

edit on 6-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Last time I looked that menacing clown was still there....JK

Some movie with a clown under the bed(not IT but about the same) made me fear looking under the bed in the dark. One day I built up the courage and looked.

Another fear when young was when eyes are closed in the shower. Poltergeist bathtub scene spooked me. As a kid it would seem that the bathroom walls would be "breathing". It spooked me out for a long time. Got over the fear but the walls still breath.

edit on 4/6/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Those childhood fears really set in deep.

When I was about 5 or 6, I got up for a drink, and my parents were watching a horror movie. When I went in the living room the scene on the TV, was a woman in a white dress, and a cleaver was coming down on someone else`s wrist, spraying her white dress with blood

I can`t handle anything about dismemberment now, and I still can`t sleep with my hands outside of the covers, because of the cleaver that came out of thin air, with no one wielding it.
And it`s almost 50 years later....

For years I had to sleep with a nightlight too, but now my dogs sleep in the bedroom with me, it really helps. No nightlight anymore

Nothing will fit under the bed either, it`s right on the floor.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I cant walk through my house without a light on.
Especially up my stairs.
I don't like them.

Always feel like I am being followed.
I know it is not a malevolent energy but it just creeps me out.
If it is anything.

I have to sleep with a fan on and a radio on.
I don't like still air and silence.
Any disruption... I don't want.

My dreams are wild, though from all of the stuff I hear while I sleep..
Sometimes it's Progressive Talk Radio..
Sometimes it's an amazing Oldies/Alternative/Everythingawesome station.

I can't have my feet uncovered.
And I have to lay on my side with the blanket over my ear that is not on the pillow.
OCD much.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

LerroyJenkins
Im the same way i have to have a nite light on i just never know when the alligators might come out and get me and i have to be able to see the floor..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
These guys:

Yes it's the whole movie.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I have a loft bed, so, when I climb up my little ladder my face is like 2.5ft away from the ceiling.
It's really comfy since I like small closed in spaces.

What's under my bed? Well, since it's a loft bed, I have a desk with my desktop computer, and a pricey massage chair I sit in.

edit on 6-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

nineix
Thats were a loft bed would come in handy..But i don't like closed in spaces i don't know how that would work for me..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Last time I looked that menacing clown was still there....JK

Some movie with a clown under the bed(not IT but about the same) made me fear looking under the bed in the dark. One day I built up the courage and looked.

Another fear when young was when eyes are closed in the shower. Poltergeist bathtub scene spooked me. As a kid it would seem that the bathroom walls would be "breathing". It spooked me out for a long time. Got over the fear but the walls still breath.

edit on 4/6/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

To me clowns are unbelievably scary and creepy im glad i didn't think those were under my bed ..In the shower i always think about someone creeping up and killing me like in the movie psycho ugh..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a 8"

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Those childhood fears really set in deep.

When I was about 5 or 6, I got up for a drink, and my parents were watching a horror movie. When I went in the living room the scene on the TV, was a woman in a white dress, and a cleaver was coming down on someone else`s wrist, spraying her white dress with blood

I can`t handle anything about dismemberment now, and I still can`t sleep with my hands outside of the covers, because of the cleaver that came out of thin air, with no one wielding it.
And it`s almost 50 years later....

For years I had to sleep with a nightlight too, but now my dogs sleep in the bedroom with me, it really helps. No nightlight anymore

Nothing will fit under the bed either, it`s right on the floor.

Its so strange what we rember from our childhood that stays with us tlll adulthood ..I rember running and jumping into bed so the gators wouldn't bite me if i had to get up to go to the bathroom strange..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There were normally vampires or some kind of demon monsters under my bed when I was little because I watched a lot of horror movies. For the longest time I wouldn't sleep in darkness either because when I used to sleep in my parents' room when I was really young, there was total darkness and they always left their door open so that I could see out into the darkness and I used to let my imagination get away with me and I'd see all kinds of creepy crawlies out there in the dark. Nowadays I don't feel too creeped out about bed monsters unless I've read a certain web story which I will paraphrase type out below for your own personal enjoyment.

"One night a young girl was home alone for the night with her parents away at an event. She was told to make sure all of the doors were locked but couldn't get the basement window to lock. She didn't think it was a very big deal and so went to bed nervously her dog by her side. She woke a bit later in total darkness looking around her room in fear seeing that her dog was not there. She stuck a hand under her bed and felt licking on her hand and so reassured went back to sleep. She woke again a bit later in darkness and put her hand down for that reassuring lick again. Hours later she woke up having to go to the bathroom and so timidly she went into the bathroom and... Turned on the light.

As the room lit up with the brightness, she saw blood all over coating the walls. She looked and screamed as she saw her poor dog's sliced and stabbed body hung from one of the walls. She then looked at the mirror and painted in her dog's blood written there was "People can lick too."

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have a loft bed so under my bed is a laptop on a desk and a small couch.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessofSwords
I cant walk through my house without a light on.
Especially up my stairs.
I don't like them.

Always feel like I am being followed.
I know it is not a malevolent energy but it just creeps me out.
If it is anything.

I have to sleep with a fan on and a radio on.
I don't like still air and silence.
Any disruption... I don't want.

My dreams are wild, though from all of the stuff I hear while I sleep..
Sometimes it's Progressive Talk Radio..
Sometimes it's an amazing Oldies/Alternative/Everythingawesome station.

I can't have my feet uncovered.
And I have to lay on my side with the blanket over my ear that is not on the pillow.
OCD much.

PrincessofSwords
I'm not sure its OCD sometimes i wonder if its what we watched on TV or were told from other kids or even adults ..I understand the stairs i have a fear of going down them that maybe someone will push me like a entity but i think thats from watching to many paranormal shows on TV..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I rember the movie it was a good one..thanks..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

definity
Would you please tell us what your talking about..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Dust, and a couple of roller drawers for extra clothing. And more dust.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Nothing under my bed..Just old junk or things that I put there long ago and forgotten.

But just in case I will check tonight while the silence sets, to see if I find something under there, besides the junk or possibly my cat sleeping.

You know its funny how all the scary movies that I seen when small now that I watch them again, they seem like comedies to me. I don't even mind walking in the dark, in fact i do it anyways. Even in the middle of the night if I have to get up and hit the bathroom or fridge I walk all over the house in complete darkness, sometimes stubbing my toes and sometimes not.

There are things to fear out there but I did not find them under my bed op.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What is under my bed?
I don't know and don't want to find out.

Even at the age of 65 I still do not hang an arm or foot off my bed at night.
Why?
Because the hands of whatever is under my bed will touch my hands or feet.

I did think I was insane until I found many people have the same fears.

Probably stems from those old black and white horror movies I enjoyed watching as a child.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join