It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Shelf of NIAGARA Falls' Indian Falls escarpment has COLLAPSED

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
gowaterfalling.com...

edit on 4-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Apr 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I read somewhere that the strange sky sounds and booms recently started in that area, too. Wonder if this is related? And I agree with you, where ARE the news reports?? This should be important..

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
just noticed and replied to that thread

if its a coincidence its once in a millenium cause thats how long that top shelf had been intact if not longer

it still boggles me, why now

glad no one got hurt - imagine if people were passing behind the curtain and/or bathing in the pool?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
In my geology class, I learned there was three things that caused erosion: Wind, ice and water.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

oh oh...You forgot time...
Time haz to be in the equation....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
seems pretty natural to me the main part of niagra falls wears away 6ft every year so no news here in my opinion

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
They've been talking about this coming for yeats..no new news here

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

In my geology class, I learned there was three things that caused erosion: Wind, ice and water.

Might I ask how your English courses are going?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
everything has an end.

everything.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I think this was very poorly done. Somebody tried to get fancy and messed this up. Comparisons should have went back and forth from the same locations earlier videos were made. It's hard to really see the changes the way it is now. Not impressed, sorry.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
May I ask what this has to do with "NIAGARA Falls"? From what I understand, the Niagara Escarpment is not the same as Niagara Falls. Although the Niagara Falls do lie on this same escarpment, they are over 200km away from Indian falls. Here I was thinking part of the Niagara Falls had collapsed

Although these events don't happen every day, I'm not so sure it's a once in millennium event. The video had stated that it had been stable for the last 100 years. It may have had some forms of collapse sometime in the last 1000 years, but I don't think we can tell exactly when. Even in the before photos, you can see that there had been part of the dolomite formation that has eroded and fallen to the bottom of the waterfall. Looks like natural erosion, in my opinion.

It looks like a beautiful area, and it is great that no one was injured in the collapse. I would have been a little wary of being under the ledge, as although dolomite is harder than the soft shale, it is not as hard as some igneous rocks such as basalt and could be more prone to collapse. Speaking of basalt, I thought I'd post this image of a waterfall I've been to recently, Bridal Veil Falls near Raglan, New Zealand. The falls fall over a vast basalt plug from an ancient volcano. It's a very good place to visit if you like waterfalls

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It's a water fall.

The falls will continue to recede north until it joins Lake Ontario and disappears.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Why does the OP have no information, no link to the news of it just a link to a picture of waterfalls?

Pointless thread without any info given

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

In regards to the title, I am only an hour away from the falls, the Indian Falls are part of the Niagara Escarpment but not part of the Niagara Falls.

As far as the Niagara Falls erosion goes, they do not errode 6 feet per year

Niagara Falls Geology

Its current rate of erosion is estimated at 1 foot per year and could possibly be reduced to 1 foot per 10 years.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
It's a water fall.

The falls will continue to recede north until it joins Lake Ontario and disappears.

South to Lake Erie.

edit on 4-4-2012 by vox2442 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
west to lake Manitoba

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by satron

Might I ask how your English courses are going?

Lol I learned that brain cells can be eroded away by alcohol.
edit on 4-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Why does the OP have no information, no link to the news of it just a link to a picture of waterfalls?

Pointless thread without any info given

This..did OP remove some information after topic was made?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
And this is exactly what I'm talking about. When certain segments of a culture don't adhere to the norms of another in this country, they just legislate some law to make that behavior illegal.

People are got their panties in such a bunch about how I and these kids dress they won't get down or even try to understand or acknowledge what this dress style is.

I'm waiting to see if they are going to make Emo culture illegal too

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
And this is exactly what I'm talking about. When certain segments of a culture don't adhere to the norms of another in this country, they just legislate some law to make that behavior illegal.

People are got their panties in such a bunch about how I and these kids dress they won't get down or even try to understand or acknowledge what this dress style is.

I'm waiting to see if they are going to make Emo culture illegal too

WHOOPS!

Wrong window fella!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join