It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just watched the movie Game Change - Ron Paul should get Sarah Palin now as VP.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It sounds crazy...

But it is a slam dunk for presidency.

Ron Paul fares the worst with women voters for some reason. All he needs is Palin to put him over the top. He automatically grabs all Santorum voters. IMO most all Santorum supporters would swing to Palin in a heartbeat.

Santorum ends up dropping because he can't beat the Palin/RP combo and all Santorum delegates go to Ron Paul at the convention.

Can you imagine maybe some real publicity for the liberty movement? Who cares what mouth it comes out of if it swings voters and is actually genuine. No way Fox News would ever turn their back on Palin. And let's face it, the people vote for who the TV tells them. During her time under RP he may just knock the sense into her that she lacks.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

A picture says a thousand words...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

It would definitely get him some decent media coverage for once. My US Gov and Politics professor was just talking about doing this the other day. Not Ron Paul, but if a candidate were to choose a VP nearly exactly opposite them, then it would greatly increase the demographics of their voter base. I don't really know too much about Palin myself, so I don't really know how much Paul supporters would go for a Paul/Palin ticket, but it might work! I still like the idea of Judge Napolitano or Jesse Ventura tho!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You must not be from the USA.

There is probably 20% of America that would vote for Sarah Palin right now if given the chance on a VP ticket. Maybe even more.

Then add all Ron Paul supporters. Its a guarantee. In fact, I bet there is absolutely no one else that could top her. Just remember, it is going to be one of the most improbable feats ever if RP pulls this off. I still think he can without her if the delegate strategy goes according to plan. But lets say the GOP pulls some shenanigans, which they already are on a basic level. What if they just change the rules completely because they can?

There are obviously 100000000 more qualified VP's.. but they probably won't bring in 1/10th the crowd as Sarah Palin. Tough pill to swallow, but it is worth it.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
hmm.

Palin lost.

Just sayin.

link   
double post.

drats
edit on 30-3-2012 by zroth because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by zroth

To who?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I can't wait till the RNC and the Veterans for Ron Paul march to the front doors of the convention in the thousands. If the media still wants to ignore them, they'll have to tell them that they don't care what they want to their faces! HAAAAA. Sad thing is I can see those morons doing it :///

If theres a brokered convention tho, Id bet that when everybody sees all these thousands of our troops rallying for RP then they will realize who really deserves to be the commander in chief

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

As you can see in my avatar area I report my nationality and location, unlike you. But that aside, you propose that the right person for the job should be equated with popularity and appeal (we won't mention her coc aine use) rather than their suitability to hold office and generally know what they are talking about?

Oh why did I enter a political thread again?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't honestly think that a woman who was governor of Alaska for a mere 18 months and then quit is really the image Paul is looking for. I also watched the movie and it actually made me have MORE respect for McCain and MUCH LESS for Palin. No, as much as I would like to see Ron Paul get more media coverage, I don't think Palin would be a good choice and I say that as a woman.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I disagree, Fox would turn on her in a second. Remember how upset Ailes was that she didn't use Fox to announce that she wouldn't be running for President? He would feed her to the wolves IMO. It's not worth it, wouldn't help Ron, and would create a circus.
edit on 30-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

As you can see in my avatar area I report my nationality and location, unlike you. But that aside, you propose that the right person for the job should be equated with popularity and appeal (we won't mention her coc aine use) rather than their suitability to hold office and generally know what they are talking about?

Oh why did I enter a political thread again?

Cocaine use? So what.. Barack has admitted to coc aine use himself.

What exactly does the VP do again, btw? By the time Dr. Paul is through with her she could be a huge force for restoring liberty to this country if she doesn't turn heel after Dr. Paul is out of office. As long as you have the soccer mom vote and the slightly scary religious vote it is a done deal with Dr. Paul leading the way.

The sooner he announces her the better, IMO.

Yeah, someone like the judge would be great as VP. But again, no one else draws a crowd like Palin. I also don't think Palin is stupid, she just wasn't ready to be in the spotlight 4 years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I don't necessarily agree. Even if they did start giving her the cold shoulder the people that REALLY LIKE PALIN will pull the lever if they see her name on the ballot regardless.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
I don't honestly think that a woman who was governor of Alaska for a mere 18 months and then quit is really the image Paul is looking for. I also watched the movie and it actually made me have MORE respect for McCain and MUCH LESS for Palin. No, as much as I would like to see Ron Paul get more media coverage, I don't think Palin would be a good choice and I say that as a woman.

Yeah, I don't know about McCain. I think they made him look really good in that movie. Not saying he is a terrible person or anything, but they made him look real good is all I am saying.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think you're are smoking dope.

Ron Paul would not have anything to do with Palin. She is a complete flake.

The fact that Alaska voted for her as Gov. does not speak well for them. I wouldn't trust her to be a crossing guard.
edit on 30-3-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

I don't necessarily agree. Even if they did start giving her the cold shoulder the people that REALLY LIKE PALIN will pull the lever if they see her name on the ballot regardless.

That may or may not be true, it depends if you believe that the majority of the people that like her only do because Fox told them they should to begin with.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

After 8 years of Dubya, the Repubs knew they were going to lose, but they had to put out Candidates for Pres and VP.

McCain and Palin were Placeholder Candidates, Your not supposed to take either Seriously.

Cmon man.. PALIN

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

So what is more important.

Winning the GOP nomination with her with 95% probability or losing out with a 25% chance?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Can you provide sources for your percentages?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I don't know.. good point.

I just don't see Fox turning on her I guess is all I am getting at. What could they say to her?

I'll get back to my previous point though. There are probably 85% of Santorum supporters wouldnt you say that would rather vote for Palin?

If we take Santorums votes away it might be a 100% lock on a second round vote at the GOP convention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join