It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From neo-Nazi to Hasidic Jew: Former skinhead who discovered his Jewish roots to speak in Montreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Interesting story.

Pawel Bromson grew up in Poland where he and his skinhead friends sometimes roamed the streets of Warsaw, terrorizing Jewish, Arab and black children.

On one occasion, he and his mates boarded a train to Auschwitz and vandalized the former concentration camp. They hurled insults at staff members, telling them “the genocide should have been bigger.”

Bromson and his peers were suspicious of outsiders and disliked Jews, whom they blamed for Poland’s economic troubles under the Communist regime.

“I wasn’t just anti-Semitic, I was anti-everyone,” Bromson recalled.

But then...

But Bromson’s life changed forever 14 years ago after his young wife visited a genealogical institute in Poland. His wife suspected she had Jewish roots and while sifting through papers, she noticed the names of Bromson’s maternal grandparents on a register of Warsaw Jews.

When a stunned Bromson confronted his parents with the news, they acknowledged their Jewish past.

This part made laugh

“I thought my life was finished. It was a catastrophe,” he said of the news.

Anyhow, I think there's a good lesson in this story

NATION AL POST

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
3..2...1 and you're just forgiven for everything, just like that, eh?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So he finds out he was jewish and his life changes? Sounds like the feel-good neonazi story of the year. Now if he could only realize he had african ancestry.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
My first question is:

Is he bi-polar? Thats going from one form of extremism to the opposite end of the kiddie pool pretty quick.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
So he finds out he was jewish and his life changes? Sounds like the feel-good neonazi story of the year. Now if he could only realize he had african ancestry.

Go back far enough and he does

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
this makes me want to know my roots

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
My first question is:

Is he bi-polar? Thats going from one form of extremism to the opposite end of the kiddie pool pretty quick.

Methinks sometimes it takes something hitting very close to home (his grandparents, in this case) for one to pull their head of out their backside & realize what a colossal dumbf--- they have been.

Kudos to the man for changing himself in light of his ancestry discovery. I wish it hadn't taken genealogy to do it, but it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So he goes from hardcore punk beating up blacks and jews then finds out he is jewish then now looks like this

Dood, just dress normally and pay your taxes.... thats all that is required of you.

top topics

join