It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did anyone ever debunk the mothman pic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, but it seemed in the ball park to me

but that alleged mothman pic, of the figure at the bridge and then appearing to fly away from it, I presume most here know the pic I am refering to

I guess, someone debunked it ?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dharma Employee

Any way you could post a link? I don't think I've seen it and it sounds intriguing.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dharma Employee

Where's the pic? Could you post it I'd like to see...

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I remember seeing something about a mothman picture a long time ago, but is there a new picture? link?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't know if he is a "mothman" but something is put there that floats in from time to time.Suggest you google Missing 411

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Both volumes.East and West

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Which mothman pic you talking about? The 9/11 one? Thats the one I remember the most. Has it been debunked? Who knows.. Mothman is crazy awesome story.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It would be really nice to know what the hell you guys are talking about.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
These are the pictures the OP is talking about.

And

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
These pics actually look quite real

In the one above, it looks like he's spreading his wings and almost raising them up into the air.

Looks too real to me....

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks, I hadn't seen those before. Interesting. But couldn't they just be someone jumping? Although I'm not sure who'd want to jump into that water. Ick.. I'd be more inclined to think it was more than that if the second pic of the thing jumping was higher, as if it were flying but it looks like it's diving, so that tells me it's just a person.

Just my opinion but interesting! The mothman stories are freaky.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I remember seeing that pic several years ago. I have no idea what others have said about it, but to me it looks like an insect was crawling on the lens when the first shot was taken; then you see it flying off...

(Sorry if this seems a little humdrum.)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Looks like a guy in a wingsuit, to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa

CASE CLOSED !

Wouldn't it be reported to the authorities if this guy was on top of a bridge though? It seemed to be still daylight when this was going on.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa

Not possible unless he had a death wish and wanted to take a really expensive dive suit with him. Have to have a LOT more altitude than that bridge to glide those suits.

Pics look real enough but I would be really hard pressed to believe that an experienced diver would do this from a bridge this low....that's asking for death.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
thats no mothman, it's a gargoyle.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Good point

I have been trying to find out the minimum height for a wingsuit jump. All I could find was on yahoo answers. 300 feet.
Not very reliable source, I know

Maybe it was Batman!
edit on 26-3-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
interesting thread, hadn't seen these pics before

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

wingsuit looks most likely, I would guess though have read bits and pieces of the story and find it very freaky

saw the movie but wonder what the best source is for just the braeakdown of what occured is

thanks to other posters, I should have just posted a link site with the pics in hindsight

is it the book by richard keel ? or was he accused of also, mixing up supposition, conjecture etc with the accounts

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you want to see movies on it look for these four (4) movies
-The Mothman Prophecies (2002)
-Mothman (2010), a Syfy Channel original movie
-Eyes of the Mothman (2011), a documentary about the Mothman sightings
-"Mothman Country" (2011), a documentary about Pt. Pleasant's contemporary relationship with the Mothman

as these will help your knowledge and increase your urge to find out more about the "mothman"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join