It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother just got scarier: Japanese CCTV camera can scan 36 million faces per second

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Big Brother just got scarier: Japanese CCTV camera can scan 36 million faces per second

www.dailymail.co.uk

Biometric camera stores details of everyone who walks past it
Stores 'library' of face info
Can scan through 36 million faces per second searching for people
Will be on sale to governments within next year

A new camera technology from Hitachi Hokusai Electric can scan days of camera footage instantly, and find any face which has EVER walked past it.

Its makers boast that it can scan 36 million faces per second.

The technology raises the spectre of governments...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

When I was younger, people always talked about this kind of stuff like it was a great thing. So I read the book 1984 and I thought, “Well, what if the technology fell into the wrong hands? Imagine how it could be used against the people? Is not this the perfect tool for a totalitarian regime?

Well, time will tell.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-3-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Usually i can take the next crazy big brother thing okay, but this one creeps the # out of me!!!!

Ive got nothing to hide, but if i want to hide for any reason i should be able to!

Result of this system to catch every tiny criminal every time, might that be bad overall?

I dont think id like to get a cop car pulling over for me accidentally spitting my gum out and missing the trash can and then a criminal record... and dotn think they wouldnt after stopping all the major crimes you dont think they will chase everyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I bet the US will start purchasing soon.

I wonder if the UK already has a previous type version of this.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This is what facebook is for. Getting your image from every angle.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Its not about hiding. Its about personal privacy. As an introvert, I NEED privacy. I am to the point where to enjoy my weekends, it requires me to hike seven hours out into the mountains to be alone. Totally, un watched alone. Hell, 50 years ago we had infinitly more privacy than we do today. Its scary to be watched at all times. On the computer, everything is being watched and compiled and stored. Out on the streets, CCTV cameras on every street corner, every lamp post and lighted intersection. Police roam around and if you are doing anything the least bit suspicous, they pop in to have a casual chat and visit. Normally ending with a quick frisk and search of bags. I hate the desperate lack of privacy these days.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

That's just crazy!

I have to roll my eyes when people say that facial recognition technology isn't this advanced yet.
Sure. Right.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nice !

It really warms my heart to see the collective progress and ingenuity of homo sapiens sapiens.

Of course, the Luddites and paranoid will baulk at these technological advancements and improvements, but the aforementioned people are, thankfully, a dying breed.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by RUSSO

This is what facebook is for. Getting your image from every angle.

Never had a Facebook, MySpace or Twitter account and never will. I'm not trying to preach anything here. Watch the videos below and draw your own conclusions.

Delete FB

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

As an introvert, I NEED privacy. I am to the point where to enjoy my weekends, it requires me to hike seven hours out into the mountains to be alone.

I'm right there with you.

The older I get, the further I want to be from the hustle and bustle of society. I'll never take my personal space and privacy for granted nor trade them for anything.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Its not about hiding. Its about personal privacy. As an introvert, I NEED privacy. I am to the point where to enjoy my weekends, it requires me to hike seven hours out into the mountains to be alone. Totally, un watched alone. Hell, 50 years ago we had infinitly more privacy than we do today. Its scary to be watched at all times.

I hope you realise that your bizarre anti-socialness is a personal quirk which you possess.

Please don't, for one minute, expect that your aberrant whims should be catered for by the majority of us ''normal'' people within society.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

bizarre anti-socialness

Who are you to judge?
I think it's abnormal to want to be around people constantly and be comfortable with cameras everywhere.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

By no means am I anti social. Im introverted. I work 40+ hours a week. Work with people daily, love our society. However, when I need my withdrawal time from people, from the city, from society,(practically my two days a week I get off) I have to recead farther and farther into the woods to get away from it all. Im more generaly concerned on why you are somewhat un easy about my actions as a person. Not everyone is the same like you have made your mind up on.

EDIT: Further more, why is everything a two sided fight on this website?
edit on 24-3-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Who are you to judge?
I think it's abnormal to want to be around people constantly and be comfortable with cameras everywhere.

If you want privacy then you, strangely enough, should enjoy it in a private area.

Nobody should egotistically and preciously attempt to enforce their understanding of ''privacy'' onto us normal people in the public realm.

Expecting ''privacy'' in a public area = massive phail.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

If you are hearing about now, rest assured the US has a bigger, better, and faster version.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Nothing personal, matey.

However, your ''need'' for privacy sounds extremely anti-social and - dare I say it - self-entitled.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Nice !

It really warms my heart to see the collective progress and ingenuity of homo sapiens sapiens.

Of course, the Luddites and paranoid will baulk at these technological advancements and improvements, but the aforementioned people are, thankfully, a dying breed.

I do hope your being sarcastic lol. I saw this and I have one question. other than the obvious, what are they designing this for? the not so paranoid of me could see this as ok, store owners finally getting the thieves that steal. The paranoid part of me, if our government buys this it will be on more step in conditioning us for the CHIP!

And then there's people that will chime in and say if you do nothing wrong then don't worry, THAT IS NOT THE POINT

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Nobody should egotistically and preciously attempt to enforce their understanding of ''privacy'' onto us normal people in the public realm.

Can you please point out where s/he was trying to push this ideal onto others?

I find it strange that you think it's OK for our government to push their cameras and spy technology on everyone.
I also find it strange that people accept this.

Who's the "normal" one again in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Do some research on what its like to be introverted. Youll see its just a personal trait, I got it from my mom. Its nothing that either positivly or negativly impacts your life, you just learn to be happy with your own little quirks. Its about a 1/3 split for introverts to extroverts. Its honest mistake for people to think of us as anti social, as it is to think of us as borderline autistic. We just tend to be more self reflective and introspective than external. We tend to talk about big ideas, science, math and other things that spur our interests.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What else is new- they can probably scan 50million faces a second if they wanted too.
If they admit to being able to scan millions of faces in one second.... what are they not telling you....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join