It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope arrives in Mexico pledging to fight drugs 'evil'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk

Pope Benedict has arrived in Mexico promising to "unmask the evil" of drug trafficking in a country ravaged by gang violence that has killed 50,000 people in the past five years.

"It is the responsibility of the Church to educate consciences, to teach moral responsibility and to unmask the evil, to unmask this idolatry of money which enslaves man, to unmask the false promises, the lies, the fraud that is behind drugs," the pope added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I certainly hope the Pope is telling the truth about this and I am sure he knows what the truth really is. It is all about money and power.

Most of us probably know the false promise is that the Drug War is being fought to stop drug traffic. Most of here probably know that the lies are what support the fraud that is behind the illicit drug industry. I just can't believe he is really about to expose this whole scam. Then again he is rumored to be retiring in about three weeks.

Benedict, who turns 85 next month, will rest for 24 hours to recover from jet lag. His main message will be delivered on Sunday at a massive outdoor service that hundreds of thousands of people are expected to attend.

I guess we will just have to wait until Sunday to see if the Pope will divulge the truth about the global power players that are behind the Drug War industry, the ostensibly "legitimate" governmental powers that don't have the slightest concern for the violence being caused by the global prohibition all in the name of lining their own pockets and playing big money power games and regime-change while passing themselves off as the good guys wanting to protect us from this "evil."

We know how to stop the violence caused by this scourge. It can be ended in almost a heartbeat but big banks, covert government operations, and an undocumented global cash cow depend on maintaining the status quo. I really don't think he will spill the beans but probably just pass more gas. As close as he will be when he exposes this deceit I don't want to be near him when he addresses the crowd, just in case lightening strikes. My bet is on another big lie to keep the game going.

www.guardian.co.uk
edit on 24-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I vote he does nothing remotely like he's saying. Remember, the Pope wasn't selected by God, he was elected by Cardinals and Bishops. He's the top Politician in the Catholic Church, when it comes right down to it..and Politicians don't do stupid things if they want futures as politicians. That would be insanely stupid, especially while IN Mexico at the time. lol.....

The Pope might find his own staff quietly ushering him off to a long rest in a quiet place while someone more discreet is sel-elected in his place.

Naww... I really wouldn't expect him to unmask anything but the names we already know in the public and maybe a couple poor SOBs who don't even know they've been made lambs yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I feel like you already hinted at this, but I would like to see the pope go to mexico and point the finger at the U.S. The cartel leaders are already well known, so it wouldn't take the head of the Catholic church to make headway.

The "war on drugs" is the major contributor to the wealth and power of evil in mexico. Instead of killing each other they would just be gouging prices and giving coupons.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What a big fat fancy liar... he is prolly getting some coke for his personal ritual on the full moon where he rapes and kills little kids

I really wish someone would just take him out and hopefully he will be the LAST Pontiff.... as Nostradamous Prophecied.

I would like to smash his gold dinner plate over his head actually,but this is just a rant and inpolitically incorrect. Oh I do apogise for my outburst.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
How you gonna do that popey boy?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Maybe the Pope needs to have a sit-down with the drug lords, to discuss a new strategy on how they're going to launder all that dirty money.

The Vatican Bank doesn't seem to do so well in the sunlight.

According to Italian newspapers, JPMorgan Chase is closing the account of the bank formerly known as Istituto per le Opere di Religione (IOR) because of concerns about a lack of transparency. The move comes a few weeks after the U.S. State Department added the Vatican to the list of countries it considers vulnerable to money laundering.

blogs.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
He is probably just headed down to check on how business is going, after all the boss needs to stop by every once and a while to make sure his boys are still working hard.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

reply to post by jlv70

Laughing out loud. I wish I could star you all twice. Although the US is the guns in the drug scam I do not doubt the Vatican is swimming in the butter.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I hope he knows what he's doing.He will obviously become a target of the cartels.And strangely enough someone made a passing comment that the vatican believes the pope would be assasinated before years end.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

www.guardian.co.uk

Pope Benedict has arrived in Mexico promising to "unmask the evil" of drug trafficking in a country ravaged by gang violence that has killed 50,000 people in the past five years.

"It is the responsibility of the Church to educate consciences, to teach moral responsibility and tounmask the evil, to unmask this idolatry of money which enslaves man, to unmask the false promises, the lies, the fraud that is behind drugs," the pope added.

That's cute.

...It is the responsibility of the Church to educate consciences, to teach moral responsibility and to unmask the evil, to unmask this idolatry of money which enslaves man, to unmask the false promises, the lies, the fraud...

The Church educating consciences, moral responsibility and unmasking evil, idolatry, false promises, lies, and fraud? They don't have to travel to Mexico to do that, the Church in itself has plenty of immorality, irresponsibility, idolatry, evil, false promises, lies, and fraud. This is laughable.

If I were the Pope, I'd be looking into spending my visit behind a 12 inch slab of bullet-proof glass.

edit on 24-3-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight

That's cute.

...It is the responsibility of the Church to educate consciences, to teach moral responsibility and to unmask the evil, to unmask this idolatry of money which enslaves man, to unmask the false promises, the lies, the fraud...

The Church educating consciences, moral responsibility and unmasking evil, idolatry, false promises, lies, and fraud? They don't have to travel to Mexico to do that, the Church in itself has plenty of immorality, irresponsibility, idolatry, evil, false promises, lies, and fraud. This is laughable.

If I were the Pope, I'd be looking into spending my visit behind a 12 inch slab of bullet-proof glass.

So true. The irony is killing me, literally. That quote stood out in the article to me too. Hilarious! I expect a lightening storm to come up out of the blue when he addresses this crowd on Sunday.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I hope he knows what he's doing.He will obviously become a target of the cartels.And strangely enough someone made a passing comment that the vatican believes the pope would be assasinated before years end.

drug deal goes sour, his head will end up on display in the middle of the street.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Like the Pope can do anything about anything.

I bet he doesnt even feel safe there.

Mexicans dont feel safe there.

Mexico has turned into Africa.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

S&F

The Pope will have a hard time convincing those making ridiculous amounts of money in the drug trade,to stop doing it.

I believe there are even drug dealing "Templar's", making sure no harm comes to the Pope.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Maybe the pope should focus on other things and make some reform happen in the Catholic Church, and address the cover ups of more heinous crimes

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
O pppplllleeeaaasssseee stop using the human mind as a waste disposal unit. You, yes you reading this thread, you actually believe that it was necessary for a pope to visit and stress the obvious. This how stupid they see you and anyone who listens to issues that any mind capable of rational thinking should have already come to know and not waiting for another human being dressed and posing as human god pointing to obvious flaws within a human ordered society and imposing moral guilt upon you as if you are to be blamed for either accepting, falling short of will power or even turning a blind eye to the ever increasing social problem.

You sir or madam have the power to change what you are addressing , however if your incompetent staff or advisers are unable to complete an obvious task then step aside and allow those who truly know how to address such social issues without using the human guilt trip as a psyops weapon.

Typical 3rd rate attacking methods, effective via video but ineffective when encountering active cerebral activity.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

so what kind of drugs does that old Nazi think are "evil"?
oh, right, those coming from crops that doesn't really work in Europe. Right?

Not that I claim this to be an argument based on authority, but here's a tiny personal story:

I used to lecture at a local university (well, i guess over here all universities are basically "local" :-) ), I lectured on the history of criminalization of substances. A truly interesting story that shows how legal action against certain substances have nothing to do with health issues, but are the direct result of geo-political struggles and the wish of organizations to keep on legitimizing themselves. So, in short: there is a societal issue with substances. That issue is called "legislation".

I did a very small scale research to understand the annual number of Deaths by overdose in the second largest city. (On average, 75 people die each year from an OD on heroin). So what did we find? In ALL instances, the OD resulted from more or less the same kinda context:
- some local political moron needs to score in the media so
- police was being instructed to "sweep it clean"
- ending in the arrest of a couple of dealers
As the arrest of a dealer won't stop a user from using, that user went out and got the stuff from another dealer.
As the legal status of the substance means that crooks can make heaps of money, we can't but expect dealer to mix their stuff with other stuff, making it very hard to know the exact amount of "real stuff"
The user prepares the shot just as s/he always did, ending up shooting too much of the "real stuff" and dies.

there is nothing evil at all about these substances as all depends on how you deal with them.
Please note: this is not a call for all to start doing whatever they want with these substances, on the contrary.
it's a warning: you don't mess with certain substances. You don't smoke '___' if you don't know what you are doing.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Like the Pope can do anything about anything.

He could spill the beans on the whole scam, and I'm sure he knows what's really going on. He suggests that's what he's going to do, or if he really does what he says he will it could only mean that he will spill all the dirty details out on the table. He won't do it though, he's just passing gas.

I bet he doesnt even feel safe there.
Mexicans dont feel safe there.

If he tells as big a fib as I suspect he will God could strike him dead on the spot. Pay attention if he watches toward the heavens sheepishly as he gives his address. He should be worried.

I don't feel unsafe here, none of my friends or neighbors do. I'd just feel a bit nervous standing too close to the pope when he tells his fibs as I expect he will. Most of Mexico is quite safe, well, as long as you're not a narco or a cop. If you're a reporter I wouldn't suggest showing your press ID around or be asking too many questions either.

Mexico has turned into Africa.

Not sure what you meant by that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Whereas his very best and virtuous position would be to fight the control of a few over the liberty and freedom of the many. And no one may choose this for another.

If these laws were gone, so would the crime be gone. There would be peace. Control of people is slavery and major crimes against humanity.

The natural seeds of earth, the resources of the planet, the land to freely upon without taxes and threats of it being taken if we don't follow their rules, all of this is intrinsically crimes against humanity.

He does not speak for Christ Yeshua in the least when he speaks for control.

He has distorted the very message of Christ.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join