It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FEMA Corps Open to ages 18 to 24.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

New FEMA Corps Open to ages 18 to 24.

www.freepressonline.com

The Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced last week the formation of the FEMA Corps, designed to strengthen disaster response capability while providing career opportunities for young people between the ages of 18 and 24.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When I saw this - my stomach dropped.

I hope I'm just being paranoid.

But we are manning FEMA corps...just doesn't feel right.

Also, please note, that I was surprised I didn't find it on here.
I did 3 searches with no results.

So, if this has been posted earlier - I apologize.

Than you.
NCB.

www.freepressonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Lol, wow. I mean really? They are just throwing it in our faces now...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
TPTB are positioning to deal with catastrophes. Pick one: earthquakes, eruptions, pandemics, other. ...Best to be prepared, imho, but also good to be a bit paranoid about potential "interventions." Help and assistance are good; control is bad.

Good catch. S&F&

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Somebody has to watch us when we are in the camps.
It will just be grunt work...carrying out the bodies.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
FEMA Jugend....

I'll join if I get a cool knife.

but really. this is REALLY. freaking. fishy.
god I'm paranoid xD.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Maybe I'll join just for the chance of getting some insider info.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Let me know, we could work together. I like things like this, I think I am pretty good at it too.
It falls along the lines of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The younger folk have less ties to our Constitution. They will follow irrational orders more easily than older informed people.

jmoho.....Des

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
FEMA Corps? Providing jobs opportunities for young people 18-24? In the field of disaster preparedness and response?

Hmmm... on the one hand:

It sounds like a modern version of the Hitler Youth Program run by the people who plan on either 'relocating' asses into camps and/or sitting around watching everybody die when TSHTF.

And on the other hand (and much closer to reality considering it's an election year):

Great, just what America needs, more useless government jobs! Seriously, what are those kids supposed to do, move 5 gallon water cans and sacks of dried beans from one warehouse to another and back again?

I will wager... right here and now, I will bet anyone Dollars to doughnuts... 60% or more of the new hires will be minorities (BLACKS) and they will bitch, whine , moan and complain until they get their union membership! "Sheet muthafukah.... eyes be a gubament employeed nows... bettah gib me a union card or dis sheet be raycis!"

EDIT:

Ha, I just read the article... it is to be an arm of Americorps! Sorry, at $100/wk, it isn't employment for an notorious gov. entity... it's SLAVE LABOR!
edit on 23-3-2012 by LennyDaRetard because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2:

This job seems almost as good as those kids going around the country living out of cheap motels, smoking weed and selling magazines! I say "almost" because the magazine sellers can smoke weed all day and make more cash I am sure.
edit on 23-3-2012 by LennyDaRetard because: I had more snide remraks

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What got me about this article or advertisement is that is open to ages 18 - 24.
Why that age group???

Easier to condition???

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

I see age discrimination.

Call the lawyers!!! I want my fair chance!!!

Plus, I know my work ethic is alot stronger than the age group they are looking for. What it takes them eight hours to do, I can do in four.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
TPTB are positioning to deal with catastrophes. Pick one: earthquakes, eruptions, pandemics, other.
...Best to be prepared, imho

It seems that you and I are destined to be on opposite sides of every argument. IMO you took the blue pill.

You justify FEMA's murdering of the Consitution, while you think all diesel engines should be smelted down due to the bad fuel. I think you should learn to discern what things will harm you sooner than others.

Do you think it is coincidence that RIGHT NOW is when FEMA is choosing to form this "corps"?
Or that they've just got around to it finally?? With all the disasters we've always been faced with?

Or is it the Global Warming that they are worried about and how our bad practices have made Mama Earth mad and we all need to be wiped off the planet so the rich elite can start over doing things the "Green" way???

You are a typical New-Ager who bit the bait of the Illuminists who manipulate that contingent of society.
I'm sure you believe CO2 should be taxed and the Rothschilds should tap into another vein and suck more of our blood behind the guise of the UN-concocted Global Warming farce.

Originally posted by soficrow
, but also good to be a bit paranoid about potential "interventions." Help and assistance are good; control is bad.

So why do you think they're only choosing 18-24 year olds?? Is it because they are more "Helpful"?
Don't you think +25-yr olds can proving help and assistance as well as an angsty GoreyVideogame-playing teenager who has no value for life or knowledge of what our country used to be???

EDIT: and before you accuse me of following your posts and trolling, I will say right now, this thread came up on my homepage in the active "Breaking News" threads and that's how I got here.

Your comment was the only one I felt like I needed to respond to... just works out that way every time.
And BTW you're one of the most active post-ho's at this site so don't try to accuse anyone of EVER trolling one of your posts with how much you over-use the Breaking News for S's&F's all day every day.

edit on 23-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
What got me about this article or advertisement is that is open to ages 18 - 24.
Why that age group???

Easier to condition???

Likely it has to do with a slight easing of restrictions for becoming employed by FEMA. I have two very close friends; one who is currently employed by FEMA and one previously employed by them. Some of the background checks they conduct (especially financial) an 18-24 year old probably wouldn't ordinarily be able to pass. Not because they're bad, but because at that age they likely won't have extensive credit histories and may still have student loans out.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It's the perfect age group for a repopulation programme

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
Why that age group???

Easier to condition???

Yes, and for the same reason the military actively seeks that demographic. Able body, mold-able mind.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm 20 years old. I think its based on our age group because we were really the ones growing up in the 90's and 2000's and we are really the first ones to experience the technology and the new generation? Of course we are probably easier to condition. Its weird to even think about growing up in the 60s or 70s.Its hard to imagine, wonder how the Amish do it.

Who woulda thought, leave it up to the old folks to screw everything over for the children.

I would never work for anything government affiliated. This advertisement scares me, my plan is that when the cities start going down with martial law and plague what have you, I will become a forest man that will one day find a little island to live FINALLY peacefully and worry free.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LennyDaRetard

How does it sound like a modern version of Hitler youth?

Do you even know what Hitler youth did?!

I know it's a crazy thought to some people, but unfortunately you cant just simply throw money at a disaster and make things better. Maybe there needs to be like.. people.. who go and help other people in the disaster. Owait.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Many of us will die in these camps in the future. I pray my death will come swiftly if placed inside.

I dislike having to be so pessimistic, but the illegal justification for our arrests under things like the NDAA are already in place. The information they need to identify us as 'anti-NWO' is already under our names.

Now all they need to do is make the camps look good for society by placing the completely dependent people in first.
edit on 23-3-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
18 to 24 sounds about right.
I'm sure the offer of helping people in emergencies sounds more attractive and exciting to a young kid fresh out of high school considering the alternatives -- college or Iran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join