It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New blood test could predict heart attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

US researchers have found oddly-shaped blood cells in heart attack patients, indicating that a blood test could help predict whether a patient is at risk of an imminent cardiac emergency.

The study by the Scripps Translational Science Institute (STSI) found that the endothelial blood cells from heart attack patients are abnormally large and misshapen, sometimes appearing with multiple nuclei.

That could make them reliable indicators of an impending heart attack, according to the study published this week in Science Translational Medicine.

Source

This new study by the Scripps Translational Science Institute was able to find certain blood cell indicators that would allow for more reliable,preventive cardiovascular healthcare,with the ultimate goal and hope of saving thousands if they are truly able to accurately pin point & diagnose patients likely to have a heart attack before hand.

This could be a real game changer and plausibly save thousands,if not millions of lives!

I sincerely hope they are able perfect their research so they are able to implement this testing as soon as possible.

Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death and has affected millions of individuals and their families.

“With some additional validation, the hope is to have this test developed for commercial use in next year or two,” said researcher Raghava Gollapudi.

“This would be an ideal test to perform in an emergency room to determine if a patient is on the cusp of a heart attack or about to experience one in the next couple of weeks.

edit on 22-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: i

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Or just another excuse to give you more poisonous pills whether you need them or not. Just like AIDS. Practically they are predicting whether you will develop it (There is no test for AIDS, not even for HIV - only HIV-antibodies).

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkpetrov
Or just another excuse to give you more poisonous pills whether you need them or not. Just like AIDS. Practically they are predicting whether you will develop it (There is no test for AIDS, not even for HIV - only HIV-antibodies).

I do agree there may be conspiracies pertaining to the invention & sudden spread of aids...I cannot see a particular link or correlation to these new findings associated with preventative tests for heart attacks.

researchers found oddly-shaped blood cells in the heart attack patients, indicating that a blood test could help predict whether a patient is at risk of an imminent cardiac emergency.

Nothing about pills or forcing anyone to get the test in the first place,a simple blood test looking for these misshaped cells is what they are talking about.

Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, causing some 800,000 deaths every year, according to the Center for Disease Control.

Statistics worldwide Heart disease deaths (most recent) by country

If we could reduce that number even by a 1/3 it would be cause for celebration.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Now,if they started making blood testing a mandatory procedure I would be a little more suspicious.
edit on 24-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

new topics

join