It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triple earthquakewitching day: New Moon, Omerbashich alignment, 188 day pattern,

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hello ATS

This window centered around March 21st and 22nd has more than a few indicators of an increased chance of a mega quake.

These indicators include:

1. New moon on March 22nd
2. Omerbashich alignment between Earth, Sun, and Venus
3. The 188 day pattern....

Although none of the above can definitively predict an earthquake, taken together they do indicate an increased chance of a megaquake sometime during this window. There does not appear to be any way to indicate which of the earths seismically active regions could suffer such a quake.

1. New moon on March 22nd. There is a new moon on March 22nd:

Full moon and new moon dates and times

For those who like their science served in an orthodox package, Science magazine published an article online on October 21st, 2004, which confimrs that earthquakes occur statistically more often during full and new moons.

You can read the abstract here:

Earth tides can trigger shallow thrust fault earthquakes

For those of you who prefer your Science more generally presented, you can review a great amount of work on the correlation between Lunar tides and earthquakes here:

Earthquakepredictors.com

For those who see themselves are too logical and scientific to read such a website, the author is quite carefull to clarify that his work simply points to times where there is an increased chance of a large quake. It is quite rigorously done.

Some quotes:

The number of large quakes (6.0 or greater) that have struck Southern California between 1933 and 1994 occurring at either dawn or dusk is far too large to be the result of random chance. Add to that the fact that all but one of the quakes listed above also occured not only at precisely either new or full moon phase but at very tightly celestially focused phases--called near-syzygy events--and the probability for mere coincidence is catapulted into the range of the absurdly astronomical.

There is solid evidence which strongly supports the hypothesis that solar and lunar tides working in tandem have a hand in triggering quakes on the West Coast. Considering the list of large quakes that have struck in Southern California from 1933 to 1994, almost a third of those temblors took place during near-syzygy events: at dawn or dusk during new or full moon phases no more than 2 1/2 degrees out of perfect alignment (just short of an eclipse).

"The theory deserves to be taken note of."--Dr. Kate Hutton, Chief Seismologist, California Institute of Technology, to Los Angeles Weekly, April, 1997

The USGS maintained until very recently that there was absolutely no possibility of any method ever predicting any earthquake activity. This is standard for any government funded orthodox scientific organization. Recently and very much behind the curve, the USGS has admitted that tidal forces do affect seismic activity.

here is another good article on the history of the orthodoxy's refusal to see the light:

A history of southern california earthquake prediction ideas

2. Just as the very obvious connection between lunar and solar tidal forces took more than 200 years to be accepted by the rigid orthodox scientific mind, and that only grudgingly, it seems like it will take a very long time for the very obvious connection between Omerbashich alignments and Mega Quakes to be accepted.

Mensur Omerbashich is a Serbian edge scientist who had identified a certain type of alignement between the earth and at least two other solar system bodies as linked to mega quakes.

NOTE. Omerbashich's work clearly shows, as I will detail below, that mega quakes happen during such alignments. IT DOES NOT SHOW the opposite. In other words, a great many alignments such as we are going to have March 22nd happen WITHOUT mega quakes.

Omerbashich is a lightning rod for criticism because, unfortunately, a great many people grossly misquoted his work to spread fear about the comet Elenin. Anyone who reads Omerbasich's work will see that all such quotes were out of line. In fact his articles, which I will link to below, specificallly state that the alignments with Elenin that cause so much fear would NOT cause any seismisity as they did not meet the criteria. As everyone knows, they did not, so he was correct in that assertion.

There were a number of hatchet jobs on him done by pseudo-scientific writers such as Ian Musgrave (google him if you wish) who clearly did not understand his work.

You can read the main paper at:

Astonomical alignments as the cause of M6+ seismicity

As many have thrown out the baby with the bathwater due to the gross misquoting of this work by people like Terrall Croft, I will sumarize one of the simplest to understand pieces of evidence.

At the bottom of page 5 of the paper linked above, a chart shows every 7.7 or greater quake that occured between November 16th, 2000 and March 11th, 2011, the Fukishima quake.

Every single quake occured during an alignement that last 3 days or more between the earth and two other solar system bodies. As there are about 40 such alignments a year, that last three days or more, and there were about two earthquakes per year, the odds would be calculated at 40/365 x 39/365 multiplied 11 times, if I have my statistics correct. That probability is absolutely beyond chance.

Almost half of the mega quakes happened during the full or new moon.

At the bottom of page 6 in the same report, another chart shows top 11 largest quakes ever recorded with instruments instuments. These quakes range from the smallest one, the 8.6 Alaskan quake on March 9th, 1957 to the largest ever recorded, the 9.5 quake in Chile on May 22nd, 1960.

EVERY SINGLE QUAKE occured during a long alignment. Interestingly, as will be shown below, 9 of the 11 mega quakes listed occured during an Earth - Venus - other alignment or during a full or new moon. The odds of this being coincidence are ridiculously, impossibly low. Anyone who is not hopelessly rigid in their thinking can see this, although there are a lot of rigid minds around at this point in the Kali Yuga.

Why is the Earth - Venus - other alignment so important? Such an aligment is occuring March 22nd.

Here is an image from Nasa's JPL Solar System Simulator for March 22nd, 2012:

Oops, I can't see how to import an image from my hard drive, or from the JPL site. If someone lets me know how, I will edit this post to add the image.

Anyway, there is a perfect Sun Venus Earth alignment on March 22nd, 2012.

3. The 188 day cycle. I have to agree with those who suggest that there is not enough data on this pattern to consider it a viable earthquake predictor, but it is interesting.

To summarize, from the data we have I believe that we can state that there is an increased chance of a mega quake near March 22nd, but that is all. Where I am here in Canada, the weather is incredibly warm. I am going to be out int the sun enjoying summer here on the last day of winter. Good luch to all.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Great stuff i believe there is validity in it, but I'm left wondering if yesterdays quake in Mexico was a precursor or the main event. I guess only time will tell.

btw S+F
edit on 21-3-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: S+F

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

Great stuff i believe there is validity in it, but I'm left wondering if yesterdays quake in Mexico was a precursor or the main event. I guess only time will tell.

If nothing happens on the 22nd, the Mexico quake will suddenly become "the main event." It's all about finding an earthquake somewhere that happens within an arbitrary window.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well at least we only have a day or so to wait and find out, there does seem to be a strange sort of coincidence in all of this, if there is a mega quake in the next 48 hours I will take it very seriously. However unless yesterdays quake was a fore shock then I wont be convinced on this. Its timing was out and it was not powerful enough to be classed as a mega quake

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Interesting times we live in. I don't know if this is only a cycle that spans far longer than we can imagine, or if indeed we are in for something big. I'll sit and watch with the rest.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Interesting times we live in. I don't know if this is only a cycle that spans far longer than we can imagine, or if indeed we are in for something big. I'll sit and watch with the rest.

I'll see your kitteh, and raise you an... OC!

I can't wait to see how this all shakes out. Either way, it's a good day for news (and me
)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna

You've raised a fascinating argument with much of the known variables.

I really like the way you've outlined your evidence and presented your argument. I've heard that California may be one of the areas affected, but I'm also curious about the area in Virginia that has been experiencing numerous aftershocks that not many people are not paying adequate attention to.

Are you anticipating one major earthquake? Maybe one big and several smaller ones? Not to mention the much watched New Madrid and Cascades.
It would be interesting to see if both California and Virginia experienced quakes at the same time or same day at least. What are the odds of the sun throwing out an M or X class flares on March 22?

Going to be keeping my eye on how things are developing. I certainly have enough pop corn.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Remember that thread a while back "FEMA Friends will be gone for some time"? If you've read that thread you would know that some guy's FEMA friends were going to the Missouri, Illinois area for some disaster simulation training. Then about 4-8 days later (not sure) there was a 4.0 quake in the area. Coincidence?... I think if we follow FEMA we can probably get an idea of where this megaquake will happen IF it happens in the US.

Everybody follow FEMA!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

All this popcorn eating in front of a person with diverticulo. For shame. I guess next, you'all are gonna put up images of eating sesame seed covered bread, pecans pie, hot buttered and salted fresh corn on the cob, at a big fun summertime cornboil,.....
Oops, where am I.....
So okay. Well, OTHERWISE, this is a good interesting thread, despite the willfull torture here, of the disabled.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Dude, I just about spit out my water laughing at that. Well played, good sir. Well played indeed.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
so a quick question, with the 187/8 day period, when will the next day be?

also i think this thread is of important relevance as it has mainstream media news predicting that north america is the next target for major earthquakes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

btw. great job connecting the dots together, i wasnt aware of the alignment with venus as well tho i have heard alignments cause seismic activity. should be an interesting 3/22
edit on 21-3-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just wanted to thank you for this well presented well thought out thread/Article. Not only did you explain and reference many of the things others take for granted that everyone should just know you brought it all together in a way which I could understand.

I was there for the Christchurch quake well actually we had just left town on our way to Queenstown driving because planes were grounded due to the Chilean eruption a day or so before, when several fissures opened in the streets. Viewing the devastation from the earlier quake to this once beautiful city really got me interested in quakes in general. Thanks for providing such an educative piece Star and Flag for you sir.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Shirak because: add Christchurch photo

I just wanted to add looking through my Earthquake photos we did have a full moon.
[e ditby]edit on 21-3-2012 by Shirak because: to add second photo

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
so a quick question, with the 187/8 day period, when will the next day be?

also i think this thread is of important relevance as it has mainstream media news predicting that north america is the next target for major earthquakes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

btw. great job connecting the dots together, i wasnt aware of the alignment with venus as well tho i have heard alignments cause seismic activity. should be an interesting 3/22
edit on 21-3-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

26th of september

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Hi Afterthought.

I am not really expecting a mega quake at all. there are about twenty to forty Omerbashich alignments per year, and only two or so correlate to large quakes. So there is about a 10% chance of a big one.

I did, however, delay a vacation trip to Mexico two days before the quake as I did not want to be anywhere near a likely location of a quake during this period.

Melyanna

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Thanks for your kind words.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna

nice job op, for posting in clear and concise terms. we will all be thinking about 3/22/12. thanks for doing the work for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was out driving just a few minutes ago and everywhere around town dogs are barking like crazy. I dont live by the areas that could be hit or nothing, but dont animals have that sense. Anybody elses animals acting strange?
edit on 21-3-2012 by FJKchristain because: spelling sucked

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm about 99.999999% sure there is nothing to this. Of course, take that statement with the knowledge that I live in the neighborhood of the New Madrid Seismic zone and have something of a personal interest in seeing the 22nd and these other factors people refer to pass right on by as every other date has.

Having said that....there has been an odd feeling in the air now for a few days and it's probably nothing more than the rather abrupt change in seasons..but.. Odd times.

If something did happen, I'd say using 2 Meter and regular CB in this area of the country would be productive and if around the Ozarks, I'd probably recognize my screen name if I heard it. Let's all just figure it's another date to come and go with nothing more than a good chuckle tomorrow night though. Our nation doesn't need another regional disaster right now or worse.

Just.....again, that odd feeling for the past week or so I guess. Almost like the feeling right before a major electrical storm...but a near constant thing. Oh well. Lets laugh about this tomorrow night.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's almost 5pm in New Madrid country..and nothing has happened. So,

Another date of doom pretty much come and gone.....although, I really have to admit. This isn't as funny to watch come and spend the time on the days watching when it's something dealing with the ground I'm personally standing on right now.

Let's make the next predictions about some other country again. That is far more interesting. errrr..... Horrible of me to say, I know.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
7:00 pm est here. No shaking, breaking, falling off the earth.....

Guess it's time for someone else to pull a dooms date out of the hat, and start a new thread....

Des

new topics

top topics

active topics

join