It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illinois Primary results thread. March 20, 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Today is the day for the Illinois Primary. I will try to keep up with whats going on today, but I will be at work for most of it. That being said, I can not help but wonder if the fix is in. Already local news stations have posted the results 24 hours in advance.

How many times have we seen results posted before the actual primary takes place so far in this election cycle?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
BRING ON THE TROLLS!!!! I'm ready!

But on another note, they have posted results in advance many times.
This might be the 4 or 5th time? Not sure.

What really creeps me out is this :

Paul has a huge amount of DEDICATED supports
Paul has raised tons of money
He doesn't change his mind on issues ever
The media constantly ignores him and talks bad about him whenever they get the chance
The MSM edits out applause when hes on TV

And yet hes super close to rock bottom on every poll....
Maybe I'm being paranoid. But by logic,
their screwing with the results....Am I saying that because
hes losing? I don't think so - look at the evidence.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

You are not being paranoid. It is pretty much a proven fact at this point that the election process has been rigged from top to bottom this year. The damning evidence that has come out in nearly all off the states that have held primaries and caucuses so far is nearly impossible to discredit let along disprove. You, of course, will have the people who will continue to believe the system is sunshine and butterflies all the way up until fraud is admitted on the nightly news, but anyone who has half a brain can easily put the pieces together. They aren't exactly doing a good job of hiding it.

Simply put, they are making sure that Paul does win. But in the end if Romney does not get the delegate count by the convention, it is going to come back to bite them in the arse big time.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm off to the polls in about an hour, voting for paul and everyone on the list he sent me. hopefully the rest of illinois will do the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Pinning this for the day -- thank you for starting it!

Also, folks, remember that the early (mail-in) vote has been counted. I've seen reports of some of the tallies.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Pinning this for the day -- thank you for starting it!

Also, folks, remember that the early (mail-in) vote has been counted. I've seen reports of some of the tallies.

Thanks for pinning.

I was not aware that mail in stuff has been counted already. I will have to look for it after I get to work.

I can't lie though, my only real interest in the numbers is if the % totals actually come close to what was reported by ABC News 24 hours prior to the actual Primary. I personally think the fix is in, and I not only think it is against Ron Paul, but I will probably make a thread about my theory. Hence why I am looking forward to today's results.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Had a bummer of a time trying to vote today.

baka.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What if I wanted to cast a vote for people in 2 categories?
I had a list in my pocket, but couldn't help anyone get a vote....
So we all lose.

baka.

edit on 20-3-2012 by bakadesu because: wrong thread

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
sorry...
edit on 20-3-2012 by bakadesu because: wrong thread

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well....here we go......already reporting problems with the ballots that will "delay the results"

www.washingtonpost.com... -results/2012/03/20/gIQAKp2pPS_blog.html

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Why is this thread so dead?

No one even posted that Romney just dominated in Illinois.

I know Paul did horrible...but I would think people honestly interested in the political process would still be interested in this primary....this is a large primary.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Latest count looks like:
Romney -- 46.7% (which matches recent polls showing a double-digit lead over Santorum
Santorum - 35.0%
Paul - 9.3%
Gingrich - 7.9%

Newt isn't going anywhere, but it looks like sentiment for Santorum is still on the rise while the gloss is wearing off Romney. Right now, it looks like Santorum's headed for a win in Louisiana four days from now.

RealClearPolitics added a page (at least, I don't remember seeing it before) showing the actual vote count instead of delegates Interestingly enough, Puerto Rico is on there but the Virgin Islands aren't (possibly because of the difference in status.)

Surprisingly, Ron Paul isn't popular in Louisiana (contrary to what I actually expected.) Even more interesting is that Wisconsin seems weighted for Santorum in the latest polls -- I thought they were pretty solidly Democrat and that the Republicans there would be more in tune with Romney.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I been at work most of the evening so I couldn't be here.

Final results appear to be:

Mitt Romney 420,880 46.8%
Rick Santorum 315,319 35%
Ron Paul 83,633 9.3%
Newt Gingrich 71,415 7.9%
Other 8,962 1%

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

I live in Louisiana. There are things on my facebook from people here asking, "Does anyone really take Santorum seriously?" So I would be really shocked if he takes it here. I can cruise around Lake Charles and I have seen a total of 3 Santorum signs lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The trouble with your logic is that your friends are similar to you in many ways -- but the rest of Louisiana may NOT be. Nor are yard signs any indication. There's almost no yard signs in my neighborhood in any election year, yet every time I go to our voting place, there's usually a crowd.

Telephone polls are reliable -- IF the people you are calling will respond. We always hang up on 'em.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The trouble with my logic is that it is not logic at all. It is observations.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i been following the Ron Paul campain as well and i agree that somthing is fishy about all these results.but what gets me the most is that with this obviouse fraud going on why are we as citizens just letting it happen and if this is not a case of out right fraud (which i believe it is) i dont understand how anyone could vote for any of the so called front runners as they all seem to be completely mad.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

True. And you're observing your friends, who are a lot like you (probably mostly male and in your same age range.) Many of them are voting for Ron Paul. However, if most of your friends were older women you would observe that almost none of them are voting for him (only 18% of the people voting for him are women, according to many polls.)

And there are many people that you know who probably haven't said if or who they're voting for.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
low voter turnout

from what i heard illinois had record low voter turnout. it could of had something to do with the unseasonably warm weather we have been having.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by MrWendal

True. And you're observing your friends, who are a lot like you (probably mostly male and in your same age range.) Many of them are voting for Ron Paul. However, if most of your friends were older women you would observe that almost none of them are voting for him (only 18% of the people voting for him are women, according to many polls.)

And there are many people that you know who probably haven't said if or who they're voting for.

You really make an awful lot of assumptions about me.

First off all, you could hold a meeting of my "friends" in a phone booth. They are few and far between. My facebook happens to be full of people I have met or worked with over the last 20 years and they happen to be spread out all over the country since I have worked in just about every single State East of the Rockies. My "friends" are actually all females, there are maybe 15 males on my facebook out of about 200 people.

Anything else you would like to add? Obviously you have been so accurate thus far

<<   2 >>

join