It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple troops in Afghan Massacre - Russian youtube news channel deleted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

‘Several drunk troops behind bloodbath, laughed on shooting-spree, burned corpses’

EDIT: RT LINK rt.com...

Also apparently the bodies were piled up and dragged from several rooms and then burned in a pile - how does one guy do that?

Hamid Karzai: "On the question of the account of the one person supposedly who has done this, the story of the village elders and the affectees is entirely different. They believe it is not possible for one person to do that. In his family [pointing to one of family members] in four rooms people were killed, children and women were killed, and then they were all brought together in one room and then put on fire. That, one man cannot do."

www.democracynow.org...

mobile.globalpost.com...

Wazir Mohammad – who lost 11 family members – said the soldier must be tried in Afghanistan, Reuters said.

“They have to be prosecuted here,” he said. "They have done two crimes against my family. One, they killed them; and, secondly, they burned them."

and then this thread mentions he surrendered but had no memory of the events. Some media reports are saying the shooter was drunk, but his family say he didn't have a drink problem. Also his lawyer said he remembers having a sip of something but not alcoholic?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-3-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Curious to see what comes of this, on the news they are still reporting it is just 1 gunman as of last night and this was posted almost a week ago now,

best post on that video though lol
'well if it was one shooter or several they"ll be sent back to the states and given a job as a police officer.'
its so bad but ah well, go team USA

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This isn't from RT at all...In fact I cannot find a single news source on it.

Not that it isn't possible though.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
This isn't from RT at all...In fact I cannot find a single news source on it.

Not that it isn't possible though.

Sorry forgot to include the RT link in the top post. Edited.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I agree, from testimony cited here it does indeed sound like it would be quite a task to be undertaken by just one perpetrator.

Another event to be added to the list of horrific acts and questions unanswered.

He should be taken back to Afghanistan to face local justice and as a poster has stated above me, he will just be given a job as a police officer. If not, he'll probably evade full prosecution due to stress, mental instability etc.

Bless the people under foreign, state sponsored terrorism at the hands of the U.S and other guilty parties.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.youtube.com...

Hamid Karzai: "On the question of the account of the one person supposedly who has done this, the story of the village elders and the affectees is entirely different. They believe it is not possible for one person to do that. In his family [pointing to one of family members] in four rooms people were killed, children and women were killed, and then they were all brought together in one room and then put on fire. That, one man cannot do."

www.democracynow.org...

mobile.globalpost.com...

Wazir Mohammad – who lost 11 family members – said the soldier must be tried in Afghanistan, Reuters said.

“They have to be prosecuted here,” he said. "They have done two crimes against my family. One, they killed them; and, secondly, they burned them."

edit on 19-3-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't be surprised if more than one soldier were attributed to this, but that this one soldier is being the fall guy for it. Or that it IS one guy and after being sent there over and over and over again, and being told sure you're staying home, oh by the way you have to go over one more time. Hell, I'd snap and I've never been over there. Having said that...no matter WHO committed the crime, US, multiple USes, them to get us out of their with our assistance...whomever did it, should be tried in accordance to their laws as long as no death penalty is ascribed. Isn't that what the other countries ask of us after someone of their country commits a crime in ours? Don't they try to tell us what the sentence should NOT be? How about turn about is fair play? They can have him, but they can't torture him, nor put him to death.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
it was his 4th tour. he obviously went insane and can't even remember the trip. He was probably on some heavy stuff too, who knows what he ingested. Man like this serves his country deserves a bed in a mental hospital, for a nice and short stay too.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
it was his 4th tour. he obviously went insane and can't even remember the trip. He was probably on some heavy stuff too, who knows what he ingested. Man like this serves his country deserves a bed in a mental hospital, for a nice and short stay too.

I agree. With the way people treat our troops, it reminds me of Vietnam. We send them over there to die, or lose their minds, then abandon them when they come home and need help dealing with what they saw/did/or what-have-you. It's truly shameful and you'd think Presidents, Senators, Congressmen, and most especially the VA would have learned by now. There's been plenty of time to learn between the two wars. Sadly, we seem to be a country that doesn't learn from our mistakes of the past, so we're repeating them now.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The arab channels are saying this is the accusation of the Afghani's, that there was several american soldiers involved and that the women were raped before being killed. the indication of this being true is the burning of the bodies, this was Kandahar province which is Taliban area, therefore many Afghani armed. There were many people killed, being mainly women and children one person could have moved the bodies into a pile and lit fire to them, but if this is true the soldier would have been busy, and unable to react quickly if any attack on him came. Someone would have heard the shots, seen what was happening and made an effort to stop him... in an armed area he would not have lived through it, unless he was being protected while this was happening.

So it makes logical sense to believe that there was more than one US soldier killing people, but Americans do not believe Arabs (unless of course it would benefit them to do so)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think they where more involved there are witnesses. There are even reports of a helicopter being involved...

Peeps keep removing videos all the time. We need to be able to archive stuff here on ATS..

Some more info here...

Up to 20 US troops behind Kandahar bloodbath - Afghan probe
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-3-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
The arab channels are saying this is the accusation of the Afghani's, that there was several american soldiers involved and that the women were raped before being killed. the indication of this being true is the burning of the bodies, this was Kandahar province which is Taliban area, therefore many Afghani armed. There were many people killed, being mainly women and children one person could have moved the bodies into a pile and lit fire to them, but if this is true the soldier would have been busy, and unable to react quickly if any attack on him came. Someone would have heard the shots, seen what was happening and made an effort to stop him... in an armed area he would not have lived through it, unless he was being protected while this was happening.

So it makes logical sense to believe that there was more than one US soldier killing people, but Americans do not believe Arabs (unless of course it would benefit them to do so)

Please don't lump all "Americans" together. I have no problem believing Arabs. With the burned bodies, I'm curious how they can prove the women were raped. Is it a custom of Arabs and the military blamed it on one person? I am truly sorry that this happened, period. It should never have happened, whether it was one person, or many. Unfortunately, in wars, sometimes the truth is never known. I think whomever did this, again one or many, should stand trial for this atrocity. You'll find many of us condemn the act, and the perpetrator(s). You'll also find many of us are quite reasonable. Try us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

I just found online where Islamic Law states that burning of a body(or desecration) is forbidden. All must be returned to the earth and you must respect the dead as you do the living. Whomever burned the bodies then, in my opinion must be doubly punished because for the victims, and their families, this doubled the horror for them. For that I'm truly sorry. Some people truly sicken me.

top topics

join