It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic Eruption captured on Jupiter's 5th moon Io.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

imgur.com...

The red dot is a volcano on the moon's surface and the blue cloud is the volcano's emissions

Thought this was really an amazing capture. Even though Jupiter and Io are lightyears away, to be able to see a volcanic eruption somewhere else besides Earth is awesome.

Hope the ATS Community enjoys.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Oozii because: Title Edit

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I love the pic and it is a killer one at that,

You might want to edit your post a little.

Even though Jupiter and Io are thousands of lightyears away, to be able to see a volcanic eruption somewhere else besides Earth is awesome

The answer to “how far is Jupiter from Earth” can have a different answer every day of the year. The planets both travel in their elliptical orbits getting closer then farther apart. When Earth and Jupiter are at their closest to each other they are 628,743,036 million km apart. At their most distant from each other they are 928,081,020 million km apart. In astronomical units the distance varies from 4.2 AU to 6.2 AU.

link

Still a killer pic though.

Flag from junkie.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Very nice picture. It's a little too large to see on my monitor so I took the liberty of cropping it so it all fits without scrolling.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

Thank you verrry much for doing that. I tried too but to no success.

If a moderator wouldn't mind resizing the image, im sure it will allow the thread title to be easier to view.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Nibooroo? now that is out of the way.
epic pic the earth itself is a magnificent being, i love being brought back to earth by timing like this in other planets & or universe lets u know how special we humans really are.

strange coincidence we are seeing more volcano activity on earth and are able to see jupiter in the night sky dancing with venus and mars right now.

top topics

join