It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noise Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The nice weather brings alot of people out for various reasons. Today I will be discussing people who for some reason need a loud engined vehicle to race around the streets. If I'm standing on the sidewalk and a loud engined vehicle comes roaring past, couldn't one classify the noise attacking my eardrums a form of physical attack?
Shouldn't I be able to defend myself and if say the motorist was on a motorcycle, I should be able to in self defense kick that motorist off their bike as they pass by.

Does anyone think this would hold up in a court of law? I may have to try it sometime.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You could always try.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I don't think kicking a motorcyclist off their bike would go down too well with the courts, no. Also, people driving past in loud cars? Not a lot you can do about that either unless it's kid doing donuts in a carpark or something.

Might I suggest earplugs?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
The nice weather brings alot of people out for various reasons. Today I will be discussing people who for some reason need a loud engined vehicle to race around the streets. If I'm standing on the sidewalk and a loud engined vehicle comes roaring past, couldn't one classify the noise attacking my eardrums a form of physical attack?
Shouldn't I be able to defend myself and if say the motorist was on a motorcycle, I should be able to in self defense kick that motorist off their bike as they pass by.

Does anyone think this would hold up in a court of law? I may have to try it sometime.

many cities have noise laws. look them up where you live

but i wouldn't advise physically attacking someone over it.....
edit on March 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As soon as you attack the person in question you leave yourself open for a law suit.

I don't know what the laws are like where you live but most western countries have emission limits on noise levels measured in decibels.

If you can get the car rego numbers, you should be able to call the police and file a report. The police (if they are doing their job) will flag the car for a inspection.

It all depends on the laws in your county/state/country as to how the police will handle it.

edit on 18/3/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

There are laws in place for excessive noise. This is absurd. When people start wanting to harm other people for a supposed noise violation then we are all in big trouble. Who decides what noise is acceptable? Who decides how loud is loud? What makes you somehow above others that allows you to dole out justice based on noise? This is just another example of people who don't think things through logically and just react based on their own selfish view of the world. Noise is a part of life , just like smells . I remember awhile back someone trying to make this same argument based on the fact they didn't like a particular smell. What a crock. My advice to you is grow up and suck it up.We all just can't start running around doling out justice based on our likes and dislikes. That road only leads to a place we don't want to go. Trust me. It's bad enough that our government is trying everything in their power to control every aspect of human life, we don't need people like you telling others how to live. Look in the mirror before you start your vigilant crusade my friend.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Have some fun, buy some silver duct tape and a used hairdryer and aim it at them when they drive by

Don't try to make it look like a firearm, and if you have some put on some aviator glasses

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

But on the same note, what authority does one person have to force whole neighborhoods and communities to have to listen to their loud engines just because they like them? Shouldn't they be the ones who should grow up?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

But on the same note, what authority does one person have to force whole neighborhoods and communities to have to listen to their loud engines just because they like them? Shouldn't they be the ones who should grow up?

Did you read my post above? Read the noise laws in your city. If there are people violating those laws, report them.

If you attack people you could be charged with assualt. Why do that to yourself? Do some research!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If I'm standing on the sidewalk and a loud engined vehicle comes roaring past, couldn't one classify the noise attacking my eardrums a form of physical attack?

No.

You're claiming self-defense, so you can kick a motorcyclist off his bike as he PASSES BY? thus proving he was not attacking you? Very silly logic, that.

No. You would be liable for criminal charges of assault and battery, a Class A felony. You would also be liable in civil court to any damages you cause to the bike rider. Just think. If the guy was killed and had children to support, you could be liable for their upbringing, too!

Your solution to being annoyed is much worse than the "problem" you have. It is about the worst response ever imagined. If you decide to do this, be sure and let us know so we can inform the court that you were pre-warned that this was a bad idea. It will only add a few years to your sentence.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So your saying that only "one" person in a community can be responsible for all the "bad " noise? What about all the people in that community who wake up on Saturday mornings and mow their lawns with old gas powered mowers? Isn't that annoying and noisy? Should we beat up those people too? Or the people in a community who like to listen to loud music in the privacy of their own home late into the night? Should we burn down their homes?
Or the people who have loud arguments, or the people who like RC cars, or barking dogs, or crying babies? Where does it end? Seriously dude you need to see where your argument leads. It leads to a place where any human activity that bothers people like you, will become unacceptable. I don't get how people like you who propose these absurd ideas think that they will somehow be immune to ideas like this. if your idea became a fact of life I could bet that someone somewhere would find you and the noise you make unacceptable and you would find yourself on the receiving end of the very justice that you propose.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Perhaps, just perhaps, these individuals would choose to alter your eyeglasses, or the color of your eyes. Perhaps they would choose to burn books. All the books you like. What if, they decided by your ATS acct are you a subversive, and turned you into the Nazis for a fascist.

I have a loud car. I like my loud car. I piss off the neighbors, unintentionally. But I do not petition the city to make them move the junk cars. Or stop making the lady at the end of the block to -For God's Sake! Burn that crusty house dress.

Enjoy your freedoms. Let the loud neighbor do so to. Diversity built America. Celebrate

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was woken up by screaming and yelling the other day, but it turned out to be an early college party across the road. A few of the girls were dancing around with near nothing on.

I didn't complain.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Give em a taste of their own medicine. Get a freight train horn and blast em with it. BTW if my car was as loud as a Harley I'd get a ticket for it so why do they get away with it?

link   
You been here for a while an yet you've contributed so little.
Seriously, this is what you got to say?
You'll kick a person on a motorcycle for making noise?

You're a legend

Good luck with that.

link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sorry I offended you.

new topics

top topics

join