It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning food? How destructive can a POTUS be? Billions need food, so we burn it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My tweet (@reitze02), and opinion is:

How destructive can a POTUS be? Burning food too! Ethanol starves billions. President Obama Announces Major Initiative to Spur Biofuels Industry and Enhance America's Energy Security #Genocide #policy #Obama #antichrist
edit on 3/18/2012 by reitze because: @reitze02

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

While I'm all for the farming of biofuels in an ecologically and sociologically sound matter, the way we do it now is effing stupid. Unfathomable amounts of food crops are used to produce our ethanol instead of things like algae, which can be harvested from the ocean, or grown ridiculously easily and cheaply and not take up any valuable farm land in the process. The most retarded thing about our ethanol production at this time though, is the fact that we use petroleum based fertilizers to grow the food crops that we turn into fuel. How these people can justify this idiocy, I will never understand.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
John Stossel, "Myth: Ethanol is Great":

edit on 3/18/2012 by reitze because: add title

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ethanol really is a bad idea. Just as bad for.the environment if not worse. What we really need are cars that run on OWS protesters.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ethanol has been in our fuel alot longer than Obama has been president.
So I must believe this is just another bash the POTUS thread, and not take it seriously.
Your title makes it sound "as if" Obama piled up a bunch of groceries and lit them on fire while dancing in front of hungry homeless children.

edit on 18-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: add quotes

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

You're correct that most of the GOP candidates support ethanol too. But I've yet to meet an EDUCATED person able to defend it on an environmental basis. Profit for corporate-farming, water-sales, fuel-fertilizer-sales... the $ is stronger than the STUPID.

I don't know Ron Paul's position on it - though I'd be surprised if he favored a subsidy and a mandate for bozzing-the-gas. Well googling, I gotta laugh. Hemp would make more ethanol - but it would make even better smoke, medicine, and even FOOD. Burning food when refined plant material ooozes from the ground? Beyond stupid, its' just criminal. Here's that RP vid on hemp-ethanol.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Where in that press release does it say we're burning food?

Biofuels for planes and ships usually comes from algae. I don't usually eat algae unless I'm in the mood for sushi.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
Ethanol has been in our fuel alot longer than Obama has been president.
So I must believe this is just another bash the POTUS thread, and not take it seriously.
Your title makes it sound "as if" Obama piled up a bunch of groceries and lit them on fire while dancing in front of hungry homeless children.

edit on 18-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: add quotes

BTW, I dissagree. Upping the % ethanol rather then eliminating the ongoing grocery destruction... and the effects on over 1B poeple on this planet without enough food to eat?

The equivlant of "Obama piled up a bunch of groceries and lit them on fire while dancing in front of hungry homeless children." --- More like dancing on a mountain of corn in front of 1 billion starving children.

And yea Santorum/Romney/Gingrich would do the same Obama'nation? Roomination? Santoriumation? What a satanic juggular on our govt and this world's food supply. Without good ethics in the POTUS role kiss your asses goodby - or do you like boozing gas while dancing on graves?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Dude no offence I drove across the United states in a Mercedes Converted to burn old vegi oil. The wast is dumping this oil and not utilizing it. Having said my next car will probably be one of the new Holden Electric.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Where in that press release does it say we're burning food?

Biofuels for planes and ships usually comes from algae. I don't usually eat algae unless I'm in the mood for sushi.

It does't, I say that and I think its pretty obvious. Got some corn-growing? Well that took fuel for fertilizer, water, harvest. Then to reduce it into fuel requires heat - as in BURN more fuel! Then burn in cars that run like #, rot the fuel lines and get even lower miles/gallon? Seriously how can the food/environment case be made other than by raw BULL [expletive would fly it boils my blood with this annoying political idiocy].

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Back in the sixties, new farm equipment and fertilizer (sp?) and pestisides were going to feed the world.
We see how that has worked out.
More food is good. But it won't be sent to starving children of the world. It will be exported for profit as always.
And wasn't putting ethanol in our gas originally to save the planet? Less pollution, less dependence on fosil fuels...yadda yadda yadda.
This title and thread is still misleading and president bashing, IMO

edit on 18-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Dude no offence I drove across the United states in a Mercedes Converted to burn old vegi oil. The wast is dumping this oil and not utilizing it. Having said my next car will probably be one of the new Holden Electric.

That's a whole different situation/story. Burining USED cooking oil as fuel IS better than dumping it. But producing crops to burn as fuel is destructive. It directly competes with FOOD production. Same crops even (corn/hemp).

THINK! Its vastly different if a college cafeteria has waste-oil and it can be used by the campus vehicles instead of getting dumped, but how much different is that than not producing food so fuel can be grown rather than mined. Not to mention wind and solar.

BTW, I invented a wind-turbine propeller that can make wind power cheeper than Natural gas turbines too. Our govt isn't much interested in good and efficient power sources. Thankfully my prior employer saw the light on the opportunity being too good not to OWN the technology. I got $2K for it - and unless the University of RI and other STUDENTS persue it on its own merrit,,, you're food is getting burnt too. Unemployed yet? Mabye ya can get a job burning other people's food.

Wind Turbine With VBariable Area Prpoeller Blades (reitze's patent)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
Back in the sixties, new farm equipment and fertilizer (sp?) and pestisides were going to feed the world.
We see how that has worked out.
More food is good. But it won't be sent to starving children of the world. It will be exported for profit as always.
And wasn't putting ethanol in our gas originally to save the planet? Less pollution, less dependence on fosil fuels...yadda yadda yadda.
This title and thread is still misleading and president bashing, IMO

edit on 18-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

So let it be POTUS and other IDIOT bashing for all I care. I'd rather see better power options being built with our GOVERNMENT TAX REVENUE. Sure profit driven farm crops SELL their crops. But when its GOVERNMENT backed DESTRUCTION for the enrichment of the 1% [explitives for bashing...]...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hemp is versatile. It can make over 25,000 products including fuel. and can replace soy.
But you know, its illegal in the united states to do that,
And hemp companies here in canada don't make it far, they dont get the tax breaks and such or are bought out.

Then again, only a portion of the vehicles here are diesel.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
Wind Turbine With VBariable Area Prpoeller Blades (reitze's patent)

OK a bit of refinement on the Return On Investment for various technologies here. Note that wind is 2nd to natural-gas fired turbines. And with my propeller becomes the PRIMARY alturnative.

So where the %^&*() is the GOVERMENT SUBSIDY for the best alturnative fuel produced right here in the USA without more CO2, more food-destruction, more water consumption? Oh and that propeller eliminates bird strikes too.

Levelized Cost of New Electricity Generating Technologies Wind

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Corn is better as a fuel than as a food. Corn is high in starch (read: sugar). It's also a high caloric vegetable. Eating more corn means getting fatter. Eliminate from your diet and suddenly those food stamps can provide better food for you and your family, as you drive to the store in your ethanolmobile!

Win/win!

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Hemp is versatile. It can make over 25,000 products including fuel. and can replace soy.
But you know, its illegal in the united states to do that,
And hemp companies here in canada don't make it far, they dont get the tax breaks and such or are bought out.

Then again, only a portion of the vehicles here are diesel.

If America grows hemp we'll have a nation of potheads sitting on the street corner begging for bags of chips. It'll be anarchy! Stop the madness!

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Wellllllllllll, Obama as the Destroyer In Chief . . . is following his Marxist satanist globalist bosses orders to destroy the Republic and the world economy as thoroughly and rapidly as he can.

. . . as well as contribute to their Agenda 21

FORCED POPULATION REDUCTION plans to bring the world population down to 200 million.

Small wonder that they are making increasing progress on such plans. That they are so brazen and get away with it so wholesale even at this stage . . .

is a huge indictment

on the SHEEPLE.

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
And that is why I do not use twitter. Just what food is being burned? Are you talking about field corn? You know the corn for livestock not people?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by AzureSky
...Stop the madness!
/TOA

Pork fat burns too, like whale oil. Is that next? How mad mad mad mad mad is this world?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join