It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“National Def. Preparedness” Exec. Order OKs Conscripts, Nationalization of Private Industry

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

This is how it is written....one sentence not two...which makes your interpretation incorrect...if it was two sentences, you could argue it your way. That's my humble opinion.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment. He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

This is how it is written....one sentence not two...which makes your interpretation incorrect...if it was two sentences, you could argue it your way. That's my humble opinion.

Yes it is written as one sentence, with commas and semicolons. I extracted the Commander and Chief phrase, which ends at the first semicolon, and 'parsed' it into a bulleted list to highlight the meaning of that phrase.

I did not make it into two sentences, i only added bullet characters and carriage return/line feeds. I did not change the meaning, I just highlighted the meaning.

Now while it is true that the framers probably wouldn't like the idea of a permanent standing army, they were not so foolish to set it up so that the Army and the Navy of the United States wouldn't have a Commander in Chief during peacetime. That is just ludicrous.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Have any money you want to wage against that happening? Naaa, I didnt think so. I know you dont really believe what you wrote. You dont do you? No you dont, not really. No sane person would.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Its just a rehash of the same EO for Civil defense thats always been in place. Nothing new or exciting but I can see how this would play for the black man haters. How ironic they say, that a black man should expound slavery. How silly for some to interpret it that way.

There's a law on the books in the city of Hampton Virginia that says that I cannot make soap on my property. I think its silly. and why would I but still if I wanted to make up some lavander soap in my kitchen I could go to jail for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Well folks, it seems that the racial bit is the MAIN FOCUS point of the liberal left this year.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Have any money you want to wage against that happening? Naaa, I didnt think so. I know you dont really believe what you wrote. You dont do you? No you dont, not really. No sane person would.

Who said I was sane? So you must be one of those people who are comfortable with having their freedoms removed. Congrats, please proceed to the FEMA camp of your choice for "processing". You will now be working 18 hours a day for free. Please bow to the presidents picture before starting work, and thank him for your special opportunity to work for free and produce for the benefit of the elite.

I'm quite sure that this sounds like a great idea to you. Have at it.

By the way want to know what I believe? Read my other posts in this thread. Then read my signature.
edit on 4/1/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/1/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
This is SLAVERY! Ironic that it was signed by a black man. Can the brainwashed Left, the cult of Barry Obama see it yet? You've been LIED TOO.

You nailed it. Slavery to the state. I wish the O-Bots would go read Atlas Shrugged. It's fiction, but it'll show them what their leader is doing and what will become of everyone and everything. We are all slaves to the state. Can I say it - I TOLD YOU ALL SO!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

There are no fema camps. Any more fairy tales you want to throw into the mix?
Get a grip on reality. Is any of that happening where you live? Not where I live either. Quit the crap already. None of that stuff is happening. Go look out the window? Do you see soldiers in the streets? Has anyone from the govt contacted you in any way shape or form... ever? The only dealings I have ever had with the govt is filling out my tax returns. Thats it. They dont contact me, I dont contact them, the day goes on, my life goes on. I am not being forced into a camp, I am not loosing rights, nothing in my life has changed one little bit. Do you get that? Are you constantly harrassed by the govt ? Sometimes I think there might be two Americas. The one I live in and the one you live in. They sure dont sound like the same place.
edit on 1-4-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Can I get you a sandwich or a drink or something?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by MidnightTide

Can I get you a sandwich or a drink or something?

Personally, I would like an argument from you lefties that didn't involve race. Do I think that will happen? Hell no, it is all you have left to play. The Romans didn't think things were bad until the barbarians were at the walls, their city burning. I guess things don't change because you won't see it either till you smell the smoke as your neighborhood starts to burn.

Enjoy it.
edit on 1-4-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Shhhh quiet little sheep. Go to sleep and wake up in the real world. They will come for you soon enough. It's all legal now, they have seen to that. While you sleep the wonderful government has removed your freedoms while you let them by your apathy. Now go reelect the people who took them from you.

Still didn't read my posts or signature did you. Go back to sleep, perhaps someday you will wake up to the wonderful world of reality. Ever read the constitution? I'm guessing no. Not something you really care about is it?

<< 8  9  10   >>

join