It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TED: Copyright math SOPA/PIPA/ACTA justification in plain language - the $8 Billion Ipod.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
TED talk explains how your ipod might be holding $8 Billion.

Comic author Rob Reid unveils Copyright Math (TM), a remarkable new field of study based on actual numbers from entertainment industry lawyers and lobbyists.

TED

Wonder how much the new Ipads could hold?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Ha - Just watched the clip before you posted... Certainly recommend it to anyone wondering if the 5min is worth it.
One of the gems copyright maths deliver:

The more than $58bn lost to the US economy due to piracy as reported by the MPAA is equivalent to ALL American Corn, all fruit, wheat, cotton, tabbacco, rice and sorghum crops failing.... Hmmm.... Something fishy?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Awesome video! I always thought the 150K per song is absolutely ridiculous!

Instead of trying to play privacy-nazi and watch every word we type/search or download they should move with the market and try and find a way to adapt. I'm not saying I have a solution but theres got to be a better way for everyone instead of suing people for 150K/song and invading privacy...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Wonder how much the new Ipads could hold?

iPod Classic = 160 GB = 8 Billion dollars worth of damages.
iPad 3 = 64GB = 3.2 Billion dollars worth of damages.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PadawanGandalf
reply to post by pianopraze

Ha - Just watched the clip before you posted... Certainly recommend it to anyone wondering if the 5min is worth it.
One of the gems copyright maths deliver:

The more than $58bn lost to the US economy due to piracy as reported by the MPAA is equivalent to ALL American Corn, all fruit, wheat, cotton, tabbacco, rice and sorghum crops failing.... Hmmm.... Something fishy?

What they don't tell you is that concert revenue has grown 10 fold in the last decade. Prices for tickets are 4x what they were 10 years ago and the amount of tickets sold have more than doubled. You do the math. My wife wanted to go see a Rihanna concert and the tickets started at $160 each. And those were for nose bleed tickets. Needless to say we went out for a movie. Then dinner. Then to watch a baseball game. Then to the bar. The total cost to us was $200 dollars. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
No this sounds normal to me.

I mean forget about the missing trillions spend on black projects often against the USA itself, what we really need is to save some company that apparently dont make enough, 58 billion instead and piss everyone off who is happily listening to their music and not rioting in the street.

Sounds legit

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sorghum? I am going to google that

Ok, Sorghum is a type of grass that grows in places other types like wheat have a hard time growing.

Man that was pretty entertaining.
edit on 16-3-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

top topics

join