It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After bin Laden's death, a different kind of hunt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

After bin Laden's death, a different kind of hunt

www.cbsnews.com

The Associated Press asked for files about the raid in more than 20 separate requests, mostly submitted the day after bin Laden's death. The Pentagon told the AP this month it could not locate any photographs or video taken during the raid or showing bin Laden's body. The Pentagon also said it could not find any images of bin Laden's body on the Navy aircraft carrier where the al-Qaida leader's body was taken.

The Pentagon said it could not find any death certificate, autopsy report or results of DNA identification tests for bin Laden, or any pre-raid materials discussing how the govern
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-3-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Associated Press filed a Freedom of Information Act shortly after the raid on the so-called "bin Laden compound" last May. The Pentagon is claiming they "cannot find" any photographs, videotaped footage, pre-raid planning materials, e-mails from senior officers about the raid, bin Laden's death certificate or autopsy results. The Pentagon is also refusing to release information regarding the military helicopter that crashed during the raid.

And, as we all know, for reasons that have yet to be understood, the bin Laden compound was recently demolished.

Looks like we'll have to take the government's word regarding what happened during this raid. So much for transparency. I don't know about you, but I'm delighted that our government has, once again, extended it's gigantic middle finger to the American public.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Doesn't come as a surprise to me. Not much can shock me anymore when it comes to our lieing ass governments.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
you should change the title of your thread to "Pentagon covering up Osama Bin Laden death evidence"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
this is really serious...

Ten months after that electrifying covert mission, an administration that has pledged to be the most transparent in American history is refusing to release documents under the Freedom of Information Act that would provide insights into how bin Laden died, how the U.S. verified his identity and how it decided to bury him at sea, as well as photographs taken during and after the May 2011 raid on his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

you should change the title of your thread to "Pentagon covering up Osama Bin Laden death evidence"

Believe me, Seenavv, I would love to....but the policies of ATS require that I use the headline of the article as the title for the thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I no longer believe at face value what the United States government has to say about any issue whatsoever.

Trust, but verify.
-President Ronald Reagan

*And today's media is little to no help at all.

edit on 15-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: *

Edit to add: I learned something new today on ATS. It has been a good day.
From article in OP's link:

On the AP's request for the helicopter records and equipment reports, the Defense Department invoked what is known as a "Glomar response." The reference dates to the 1970s when the CIA refused to confirm or deny the existence of the Glomar Explorer, a ship the agency used in the attempted salvage of a sunken Soviet submarine.

"Glomar response" = the something new I learned today.
edit on 15-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Freedom of Information Act my a$$.

The moment they invented this thing, you should have been suspicious and read the fine print: "We can give you information we have, but what if we claim we don't have it?"

AHAHAHHAHA

-.-

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I no longer believe at face value what the United States government has to say about any issue whatsoever.

What I can't believe is the audacity of the Pentagon to claim they "can't find" the records. They have taken this thing too far.

DOES ANYONE STILL BELIEVE BIN LADEN WAS KILLED IN THAT RAID IN PAKISTAN, AND, IF SO, CAN YOU GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The evidence is on lockdown as they knew what the scum of the world would do with those photos, they would use them to inflame hatred towards the USA, pretty good idea to not release them.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by seenavv

Believe me, Seenavv, I would love to....but the policies of ATS require that I use the headline of the article as the title for the thread.

I would still suggest changing it... I feel the headline doesn't nearly grasp the seriousness of the information within the article

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

The evidence is on lockdown as they knew what the scum of the world would do with those photos, they would use them to inflame hatred towards the USA, pretty good idea to not release them.

This quote of yours leaves me speechless....really.

"Inflame hatred toward the U.S.?"

Either you are kidding or you are hopelessly naive.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I can't understand how so many people continue to believe what the government says after nonsense like this. This is exactly the same kinda of crap they pulled after 9/11. What happened to all the rubble there? Oh that's right, they had it all shipped away (to China? Recycled?), and very quickly I might add!

Even if people choose to be blind about every_thing_else that causes suspicion, (ie hundreds of strange things on 9/11 still un-explained) at the very least, they can look at the fact that the government is consistanty covering up evidence in almost everything they do, and perhaps raise a red flag or two. This alone is enough to prove their motives either false, un-justified, or carried out with bad and most likely un-supported intent. Apparently not very many people give a crap. Sheesh, the govt might as well stop covering everything up and expose their BS, it doesn't seem like people would care then either.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I would still suggest changing it... I feel the headline doesn't nearly grasp the seriousness of the information within the article

I completely agree. Well, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.....lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

DOES ANYONE STILL BELIEVE BIN LADEN WAS KILLED IN THAT RAID IN PAKISTAN, AND, IF SO, CAN YOU GIVE ME A GOOD REASON WHY?

My brother was re-assigned to the pentagon in October of 2001. He worked there until November of 07. There were 5 people in his chain of command. Part of his job was helping create the coverstories that were fed to the media. Four or five months back he talked with his old commanding officer who when asked about Bin Laden replied: "Yes, __(my brother's name)__ it really did happen".

This doesn't mean me or my brother are convinced, mind you. This means we both believe his old CO believed it really happened.

Originally posted by Razimus

Me thinks their hatred is already inflamed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wow, how arrogant have they become? They are ot even faking pictures anymore, or at least say 'national security' reasons.

No more files is the new excuse. how convenient that also most of the involved Team members crashed in that Helo shortly after the alleged Bin laden mission.

i just can't express my real feelings without swearing so I just leave it at that.

But, seriously?

S&F for bringing it to light.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This doesn't mean me or my brother are convinced, mind you. This means we both believe his old CO believed it really happened.

Yes, I'm sure there are many in the military who believe it really happened. It's apparent SOMETHING happened that day. Certainly the fact that it is likely a cover-up would not be common knowledge to most members of the military....including the commanding officers.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is a little extreme isn't it? I'm the biggest cheerleader for freedom of the press, but c'mon.. Who do the A.P. think they are, anyway?? This was a covert mission. Covert is a word with meaning..not a buzz word for a headline. The guys who did the raid are still, in all likelihood, serving U.S. Navy SEALs. It wasn't that long ago at all. The methods, weapons, equipment and tactics they used are absolutely still in use. They must be...it wasn't that long ago at all. Indeed.

So....exactly when did the press get the wild idea that they could just beat on the Pentagon door under the guise of FOIA and DEMAND all the deepest, darkest secrets of how the United States conducts it's most critical high stakes missions?! I wouldn't fault the AP for trying.. Heck, it's their job. Just take no for an answer with some pinch of common sense to understand a perfectly logical reason WHY such a request would be denied amid the laughter at seeing it made in the first place.

I wonder...If the A.P. Offices in any other militarily powerful country pestered and harassed that Government endlessly about their most top secret of top secret material...would they be treated with even this much tolerance and patience? The entitlement attitude isn't limited to social welfare programs, IMHO.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So....exactly when did the press get the wild idea that they could just beat on the Pentagon door under the guise of FOIA and DEMAND all the deepest, darkest secrets of how the United States conducts it's most critical high stakes missions?!

I understand what you're saying, Wrabbit, but the Pentagon isn't saying they won't release them because of some national security reason. They are saying, "We can't find them."

The Pentagon sure didn't have a problem releasing the names and other personal details of the members of Seal Team 6 who died in the helicopter crash a few weeks after the raid in Pakistan. I found that rather outrageous, considering these team members were involved in top secret "high stakes missions."

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

"Glomar response" = the something new I learned today.

LOL.......that makes two of us....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join