It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese human fossils unlike any known species

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Chinese human fossils unlike any known species

www.newscientist.com

And so it begins. For years, evolutionary biologists have predicted that new human species would start popping up in Asia as we begin to look closely at fossilised bones found there. A new analysis of bones from south-west China suggests there's truth to the forecast.

The distinctive skull was unearthed in 1979 in Longlin cave, Guangxi Province, but has only now been fully analysed. It has thick bones, prominent brow ridges, a short flat face and lacks a typically human chin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A completely new evolutionary line?

They seem to discover more about our origins with every dig.

"Exactly where the Red Deer Cave people belong in our family tree is unclear. Curnoe says they could be related to some of the earliest members of our species (Homo sapiens), which evolved in Africa around 200,000 years ago and then spread across Asia to reach China. He prefers the idea that they represent a new evolutionary line that evolved in East Asia in parallel with our species, just as Neanderthals did – primarily because they look very different to early African hominins."

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I love when something is found that completely changes the way history or science projects our past. Im sure though we are only privy to a small amount of what is actually ever discovered. Disclosing too much can cause chaos. Especially when it affects the laws of physics and religion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I recal a prediction? Forecast?
Anyway something
That stated that there would be a big archaeological discovery or release this year
It specifically mentions a find due to tectonic activity
But undeniably there has been some large finds already this year and prospects of more with current events and planned expeditions
Perhaps what we have already seen so far is conditioning for the big one
We can hope

Anyone else know the article/vid/whatever I'm referring too ?
Wouldn't mind seeing it again

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Anyway something
That stated that there would be a big archaeological discovery or release this year
But undeniably there has been some large finds already this year and prospects of more with current events and planned expeditions
We can hope

I am wondering if you are referring to Project Blue Beam? I know one of the steps of BB ws that earthquakes would open up the earth and new archeological finds will be discovered that will rock the foundations of religion. This would then be followed by the certain diety appearing in the sky. Does that sound correct?
educate-yourself.org...
But you are right, there have been a number of finds this year already that are fairly big. Maybe you are onto something here!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

That'll be the crazy puppy
Many thanks
edit on 14-3-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolongerblind
I love when something is found that completely changes the way history or science projects our past. Im sure though we are only privy to a small amount of what is actually ever discovered. Disclosing too much can cause chaos. Especially when it affects the laws of physics and religion.

There have been quite a few "holy crap" revelations in the last year or so.

Microbes that can use arsenic as food, goldilocks zone blue planets are actually common, Amino Acids on meteorites, etc...

I can't wait to see whats next.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

1 wonders if they are related to the DROPAZ interactions with the HUMANS in that region??? good find

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Anyone with sanity can "predict" that there were many different and parallel human kinds on this planet and that more evidence will be found.
We all know how our minds were prepared to believe Neanderthals were nothing more than wild and savage gorillas, while in truth gorillas are very nice and protective beings.
And we know how Neanderthal skulls and jaws were "prepared" and faked to resemble this "popular" belief.
So now it is popular to believe in "out of Africa" theory, while in truth this cannot be more wrong. In Africa alone differences between humans are much more numerous than between the rest of humankind.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A lot of Chinese basicaly consider themselves to be a totaly different race of people, may help explain the ultra xenophobia.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Well one possibility is that they're related to the Denisovan people who lived in East Asia.

Chris Stringer at the Natural History Museum in London, says their distinctive primitive features might suggest they are related to the enigmatic Denisovan people, known from a 30,000 to 50,000-year-old finger bone and tooth found in a Siberian cave. We know that the Denisovans were living in East Asia, and from a DNA analysis, that they mated with our direct ancestors. The Red Deer Cave people, says Stringer, could even be the product of that mating.

I'm not an expert on the subject and i was quite surprised as to just how many different kinds of species of 'people' there have been over the thousands of years and how many of them seem to have mated between each other.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
... So much for out of Africa.

I've always figured that each of our races evolved from different hominid species.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Out of Africa is because of mitochondrial DNA, which is known to rarely mutate, so a line can be drawn. But same mitochondria could be present in different species. One older species could have split into different species which would come together later. Like, homo sapiens and neanderthals had common precursor, then they split, and again come into contact and probably mixed more recently.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

It is amazing when you consider all the genetic mixes that have occurred here on EA*RTH to make the current man. There is a member here SLAYER69 who covered a couple threads on the genetic development and travels of early man you may find some of his data interesting as well. This is a very diverse planet, which is why 1 wishes we all worked for better causes instead of WARS and political control of each other..

The thread I think you will like most is the first one below, enjoy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
More proof of hunted human like creatures that would have been carved up by us humans only a few 100 years ago and discarded as an abomination. Even primitive tribes looked down on these guys. I hope there are still some hiding out.. somewhere..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Don't Chinese pagodas kind of look a bit like UFOs?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Anyway something
We can hope

Project Blue Beam and I actually commented about this same thought of mine in a different archaeological "discovery" thread here

I'm glad I'm not the only person these discoveries are making think about blue beam...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This adds a nice topic for discussion. Funny because we just talked about this in one of my classes. It would shake the academic world if this becomes a major finding. History books will be re-written and stuff. I wonder how the Chinese people's reactions are to this, though.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What's this ridiculous talk about Blue Beam?

Blue Beam talks about earthquakes opening up the earth for new discoveries, yet, have you guys missed the part where these bones were found in a cave in 1979?

The distinctive skull was unearthed in 1979 in Longlin cave, Guangxi Province, but has only now been fully analysed. It has thick bones, prominent brow ridges, a short flat face and lacks a typically human chin.

Please stop letting youtube telling you what to think.

This is a wonderful and significant find.
Why does everything always have to be about aliens, or project XYZ, or spurious grasping at straws 'evidence' thoroughly researched by people with degreees in OMFGWTF?

This is a human ancestor. It's been there for quite awhile and was discovered before any of this project xyz nonsense trucking fuel.
It's not going to shake the foundations of religion or any faith, or much of anything other than serving as yet another example of the wonderful diversity of life that's occurred, lived, and died on this planet.

sigh.

Thank you OP for the wonderful post about the discovery of another human/hominid ancestor.

edit on 15-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The Out of Africa theory still applies.

Homo Sapiens existed in China as early as 100,000 years ago. This new fossil of a different species is 14,500 to 11,500 years old. So we co-existed for awhile like we did in Western Europe with Neanderthals.

Given our proclivity for war, even with each other, I would guess we displaced them like we did with Neanderthals.

Up until recently, there may have been as many as six members of the Genus Homo living at the same time on Earth. This would make it seven. There may be a few more yet to be discovered.

www.nhm.ac.uk...

edit on 15-3-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: added evolutionary tree

edit on 15-3-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: added link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join