It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange skies tonight.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I noticed three weeks ago or so it was really bright out too. I was going to flood the ice rink in my backyard around 1AM, and I didn't even need a flashlight. It was not an orange tinted hue though, the snow was casting a more blueish hue. Maybe whatever caused that looks orange when diffused through clouds, possible I guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
OK I found this 65% chance of Northern Lights tonight in your areas perhaps.

www.examiner.com...

Still doesn't explain the red-orange tint unless maybe cloudy mixed with white light, or winter storm clouds with snow in the forecast? I remember seeing that a lot near the cities during snow storms.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well, a camera of any sort in this house is a no go. I woke up my hubby to show him. Figured it may be a once in a lifetime event out here. He thought it was cool. It's definately not any sort of street lights or city lights where we live

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Anywho I am beginning to think these things are related, a transformer blew in Boston earlier and as of right now they are experiencing a black out due to the failed transformer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then there was this thread from earlier today, rainbow cloud in Lancaster, MA, with a nice video too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was spotted around 4:30 the blackout happened around 6:30 or 7:30

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Tried surfing webcams around Fredericton, then just cams in NB in general...this cam on the bridge in fredericton is really messed up.

www.camscape.com...

Oh btw, didn't NB have a small quake the other day?
edit on 14-3-2012 by Jerisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

LAst I heard, we are getting a slow moving snowstorm that is supposed to last about 36 hours. Not snowing now, just a light dusting so far.

The only thing I am coming up with is light pollution from large cities, which doesn't cut it for where I live. I don't really have any big cities close to me. Plus if it was light pollution, I would assume it would happen a lot when it is cloudy.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hmm. maybe just as a precaution, might be a good idea to prepare for a heavy storm. I don't know what types of back up stuff you have that far up north. Theres solar activity mixed with spring time approaching which means warm air pushing against cold air.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Can kinda see it here, but it is a B/W cam. Still looking for a better one

here
here

Those are the best I could find

edit on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:51:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
ON second thought I have a cool app called earth now and it shows all the earth vital signs and I was correct. Only I missed one detail and that is the gravity field which also seems to be significantly weaker in your area.

Maybe if you have an iPhone or similar download and have a look.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Looks like it's snowing.

Could be from the moon.

Moon is coming up right now.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

If we had a quake, I didn't feel it. I also don't watch TV, so I wouldn't have heard about it, unless someone around here felt it and mentioned it

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

No cell phone for me

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
off topic
Is it still that cold over there? Not much weather change for you then.
We (in the Netherlands) have been sitting in the sun and are expecting to be sunbathing Thursday. 18 degrees C,
Normally March is wet and cold.

I'm asleep at that time of the night, but up to now I haven't noticed anything strange, apart from strange sound.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

In march, the weather here is pretty crazy, due to living by the ocean. Saturday and sunday was warm enough to melt most of the snow, we had about 3 feet. Now it is cold enough to snow again.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I saw the same thing last Monday night here in the Netherlands. It was between the hours of 10 pm to midnight (could've been longer, but that's when I went to bed). I have never seen anything like it. At first I assumed they were the northern lights, which would have been spectacular since I've always wanted to see them and they are very rare here (conditions have to be absolutely perfect and even then you'd only see them low on the horizon in the extreme north).

Some else pointed out to me that the lights couldn't be Auroras. For one, it was cloudly, completely overcast and second, they were everywhere, in the north, east, directly overhead and even over the horizon in the south. This also rules out noctilucent clouds (clouds lit from beneath by the sun). It kinda looked like greenhouses were lighting up the underside of the clouds, but there are none in my vicinity. I settled on the moonlight showing through thinner patches of cloud. But now that I'm thinking about it that doesn't really explain why the streaks of light on the north AND south horzion were equally bright. It's not even full moon this week.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I am on the the eastern side of the US, on the other side of Lake Erie in Ohio, right against the lake. Last night my friend and I saw several reddish/orange spheres cut across the sky. Too large and low to be planes. the lights seems to smolder like an incendiary fuel source but never twinkle, or shift intensity- just a steady pulse. their paths were direct and they flew parallel to each other. They were too close and too tight one after another to be aircraft. Five were seen following one after another heading East toward the Atlantic. I know you're speaking of an entire sky lit up but i thought the geography, time, and luminal phenomenons were similar enough to note.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A nuclear explosion in space will produce the same effect

en.wikipedia.org...

If solar activity could mimic nuclear explosion then it's your best bet the cause.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Holy crap, this pic on it is almost exactly how it looked, except there were multiple "light sources", if that makes sense, and the cloud cover was more dense.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well it's cloudy out now with overcast. Possibly why it looked red/or pinkish. I don't know. You guys never figured it out?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I am kind of assuming it must have been something atmospheric. As soon as the sun started coming up, everything looked normal again. Now it is just regular old gloomy and cloudy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join