It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV-Shack extradition approved: Every UK citizen is now at risk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Please understand that this is the authors depiction and not my own, I am just relaying the article to ATS

Summary: British student Richard O’Dwyer will be extradited after the Home Secretary approved the court’s decision. All British citizens are now at risk of a similar fate.

UK Home Secretary Theresa May has approved the extradition of 23-year-old British student Richard O’Dwyer to face copyright infringement charges in the U.S. — even though his alleged crimes were not committed there, and UK law dictates that his actions are not illegal.

The extradition paves the way for other Britons to be sent to the United States to face similar charges, setting a dangerous precedence for civil liberties.

Complete Story

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One step closer to One World, One Law huh? Dotcom's extradition was recently filed as well. I am willing to bet his will be granted too.

The following wiki-link is a list of countries that the US has signed extradition treaties with:

US Extradition Treaties

So if you plan to copyright infringe a.k.a. download/upload media from the internet and steal otherwise potential profits from US film and music industry moguls, go to a country not on this list. Oh and dig deep into who owns the website domain you register with

To me, the following from the article is frivolous:

The U.S. government agency claimed the site generated more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.

That's chicken feed to the aforementioned industries, which makes one question what is really behind this big push to label all these guys as criminals of the highest caliber.

The article is written in a cocoon of rant, however imo it is warranted for something this minuscule on the grand scale. There are far more pressing issues in the world than copyright infringement imho. Especially when tax payers usually foot the bill for such extraditions.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Business must be good for the american prison industry, they've even started importing inmates from around the world.....scumbags.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DBCooper71

I wonder...

Do you think that they will have to incorporate "tea time" into the regularly scheduled day of events in the prison? It would be the proper thing to do of course.

edit on 3/13/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

which makes one question what is really behind this big push to label all these guys as criminals of the highest caliber.

Maybe this is part of the reason...

The New Cable-TV Guy: Intel Chip Maker Working on a Web-Based Video Service to Compete With Cable, Satellite Providers

Intel Corp. is developing an Internet-based television service that it hopes to sell to U.S. consumers, a strategic shift by the chip maker as it sets its sights on the crowded pay-TV business.

Intel has for several months been pitching media companies on a plan to create a "virtual cable operator" that would offer U.S. TV channels nationwide over the Internet in a bundle similar to subscriptions sold by cable- and satellite-TV operators, according to people familiar with the effort. Intel wouldn't provide Internet access, which subscribers would obtain separately.

Source

As long as one has access to "get the milk for free" why would one want to "pay for it"?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
it quite simple in some ways the entertainment companies have loads of money and the entire american legal system is based around money so they splash a bit of cash and if the other party cant equal the money being spunked then its tough you're going to get shafted for either several bazzilion dollars or life in prison

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Now extend that to the next level where it involves corporations and governments. I think the US takes the cake on that convenient relationship and how it uses it to mold the fabric of our existence....unfortunately...for the most part.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Another one? They are not happy with an elderly man who done nothing and an autistic looking for aliens, they want another?

This is starting to look a lot like aggression. I don't take kindly towards aggression aimed at my nation. I hope when Cameron goes, we get someone willing to start attacking US intrests around the globe.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DBCooper71
Business must be good for the american prison industry, they've even started importing inmates from around the world.....scumbags.

I as a veteran of the United States for one , I am very ashamed of my country as of lately , please understand that America was sold out to the NWO along with most other countries. We have replaced good for evil and evil for good .
edit on 13-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This shows how moronic and thick marketing guys in media companies are. Related to this is my ability to watch football (that's soccer for our US colonialists) on the internet. I can watch very high quality football matches using sopcast on channels originating in Russia, Vietnam, china etc. UK sources - zero or if there are any they are ultra low quality feeds from somebodies front room TV !!

Now some of these channels have adverts , sharp intake of breath! My god an advert showing for a full 90 minutes of a game as opposed to the few minutes at half time.

Then there's the audience. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if Sky TV was to have its own internet version of football, very high quality, guaranteed feed, it would reach an audience of several hundred million as opposed to the 1 or 2m (at push!) in the UK. Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool etc are massively popular in asia. They would make a killing in advertising revenue even if they had a free channel. They could even have regionally targetted advertising , even sharper intake of breathe.

But no they pursue a handful for people for tens of thousands and a short custodial sentences and increase their profits by not one red cent!

Media moguls are stuck in the 20th century with business acumen of sand seller based in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
200K in profits? Those hollywood guys probably blow that on coke and champagne every day for lunch.

Utter crap and yet they're getting away with it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This just shows that our government cant even secure their own laws, letting their own citizens get arrested in a foreign land on charges that wouldn't even be brought to court in our own land - Yet they allow us to be shipped off to face charges with big prison sentences. What kind of messed up country do I live in where not only do I have to abide by my own countries laws, but another one over 3,000 miles away(?)

Its time people started saying no to the American empire. The UK are classed as allies and yet the system is always pretty much one sided, I'd hate to be some 2nd word country that uses America for trade etc, they'll just be getting walked allover. Its about time people said jog on America.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i suspect this may come back to haunt uk politicians. ear is to the ground on which politicians have expressed disgust/astonishment or at the very least voiced their concerns on record regarding this setup. awaiting the corporate police squad formation ready to bash doors and check all cd's,dvd's and licensed software for irregularities.

i feel for the two guys at the moment that i know of, one already there and the other due to fly. i understand all legal fees have to be met by the families so this will potentially ruin their finances and face possible bankruptcy.

link below is related to this in my opinion. i suppose it's how one sees it i suppose.

chiefofficers.net... eaches_of_foreign_laws_committed_overseas

the above is assisting me in putting all this in perspective. consideration and common sense again imo just nosedived into an empty swimming pool.

regards fakedirt.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
so much for the "special relationship"
i suppose what's special about it is who's getting buggered at the moment

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
so much for the "special relationship"
i suppose what's special about it is who's getting buggered at the moment

you mean either the potus or ukpm being the daddy? that could be a hard shout.
2nd.
f.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The Uk is going to relook at extradition of UK citizens to the US.. It is unfair and one sided..

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
The Uk is going to relook at extradition of UK citizens to the US.. It is unfair and one sided..

given the effort that the government has put into protecting its citizens i'd expect the ammendment'd main use to be cut into squares and nailed to the privvy's in number 10 rather than actually helping anyone

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I hate america!!!
next they will say they can assassinate UK citezens.
and UK will be ok with it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

I wonder...

Do you think that they will have to incorporate "tea time" into the regularly scheduled day of events in the prison? It would be the proper thing to do of course.

I would find this funny if it wasn't so terrifying, just think, in the near future i could be snatched from my bed and sent to the US, for my last comment, for showing anti us sentiments. And also the fact that our justice minister recently admitted some reforms for secret court hearing were necessary to "satisfy the Americans" www.dailymail.co.uk... I just find it scary that a foreign country, that acts like a spoilt brat, has so much power over the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Originally posted by DBCooper71

I as a veteran of the United States for one , I am very ashamed of my country as of lately , please understand that America was sold out to the NWO along with most other countries. We have replaced good for evil and evil for good .
edit on 13-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

Hey don't worry about it, I'm pretty sure the higher up you go, the same people run it all....the jews.....only kidding

edit on 13-3-2012 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

It was 40% realism and 60% sarcasm...knowing tptb you would probably be forced to drink crappy coffee and not allowed tea

top topics

<<   2 >>

join