It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

well its about bloody time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ok, I’ve been popping onto this site now for a good few years
Late last year decided to sign up
And today finally decided to get around to an introduction lol so here goes
And please stick with me as yes this is my intro however to expand on my intro I feel the need to press a few points which may come across as bit of a rant at times lol so I apologise

1 my English writing, spelling and grammar are not the best
I’m more of a sciences/maths kinda guy – and must confess I find it rather irritating when certain individuals on this site disregard another posters comments or degenerate into insults due to a person’s spelling/grammar
The ability to spell and write neatly is no measure of intelligence – ask da Vinci
Also I often post from some very strange places whilst involved in very strange things – getting online by some very strange tech (youd have to send me to Hogwarts to teach me ) so my posts won’t always be as good as they could be

2 IM NOT AMERICAN and this is really REALLY starting to annoy
Yes I realise a lot of American’s frequent this site, however not only American’s
I have myself been accused of being American many times, I have seen many posters shot down because they were not American, I have seen many threads derailed by American’s imposing America on the topic, please people everything is not about the USA and its probably more important for the American’s out there to remember this

I admit its only a percentage – but that percentage needs to wake up ( perhaps these people are the reason we see so many America bashing threads )- and they’re usually the first to complain
Your less than 5% of the earth’s land mass and less than 5% than its total population
Perhaps ……………………….just perhaps the other 95% of us know something you don’t – don’t just dismiss it ……deny ignorance

Right down to the meat for a bit and this is gonna be a proper intro
I was born in Europe in the 70’s and to say I was born into a broken home is a massive understatement and im not going to linger too long on this however I always had an interest in the unusual , science and the outdoors which has only developed over the years
At age 12 was lucky enough to go on holiday with my grandparents who loved to go to Yugoslavia
That turned out to be a case of wrong place wrong time and still have a tea towel from the time ( one of the last tourist towels made no doubt of Yugoslavia )
And really don’t want to go into too much detail about what happened

From there I kinda slid off the rails a little ( ok a lot ) but still tried to maintain a good moral compass
In 95 decided it was time to sign up and join the forces so joined a recognised elite unit
I was always going too, it was a calling
I still think of the line from troy
I chose nothing, I was born, and this is what I am

However I had to withdraw due to a very bad injury, so spent the next few years being a civvie
Where I worked predominately in construction and engineering
In 96 I met my wife, whom I married a year later and have now been married 14 years and have a 13 year old son, had one hiccup but we are strong and still very much in love

2000 decided right time to join back up and began training early 2001 – a month before pass out 9/11 happens - and that kinda guided my career as you can guess
In my time I have done much, VERY much and due to my abilities skills and thirst for betterment have found myself working at very VERY high levels
This allowed me to see THE BIGGER PICTURE
Something that too many cannot comprehend is that there is a big picture – none of any world events can be taken as isolated from the others everythings connected ………………………somewhere and there is reasoning behind everything

I also found out just how much we are lied to
Now I know what ive seen, done, experienced and heard from what I know to be sound sources
So I also know what you haven’t been told, or plainly lied to about
Now if I see that from my small part of the picture, just how much is being hidden
So I know WE are lied to but I also accept that there is most certainly a ‘greater good’ element going on
Just to touch quickly on my military career
02 jordan/iraq
03 iraq
04 kuwait/Iraq
05 south atlantic/afghan
06 afghan
07 afghan
08 afghan
09 iraq
10 afghan
11 afghan
And I keep sending my self
Why?? Well there’s many reasons but one of the main is ( taken from 1 of my posts )

"whether or not you agree with your tasking is irrelevant, whatever shady facts you’ve learnt to turn you against that particular war is nothing but knowledge
but to disobey deployment results in incarceration
So you soldier on cautiously applying your distrust for your commanders and government to EVERY order and EVERY situation, not just following orders but applying your own morals and judgement to everything (many disobey orders because they feel them to be illegal or plain wrong)
Eventually you find yourself in a position where you want to be deployed
Because you know the truth and don't want some zombie in your place - you WANT to go to make sure it's done right and morally ( regardless of what TPTB want ) YOU are in the situations YOU make that command decision
Now don't get me wrong there’s many bad eggs in the mil (and sorry for saying this but the US has more than its fair share - maybe its Hollywood maybe it's your society? I'm not sure but you seem to produce more gun ho grunts than most countries I've had to work with)
But if I go - means one of them doesn't
And putting myself in the position to influence my commanders and guide my troops to ensure things are done right"

Now these are just the ones I can mention – there are many more – but in places that I cannot mention, hell you probably never heard of a few of them lol
Im special forces and have also been an advisor/attached too many of your governments, military’s and other organisations
I only hold the rank of a NCO but when I talk people listen
When I’m commenting about matters of a military/security/weapon nature – you should too !
But to add to that I promise you all If I comment and sound like I know what im talking about, its because I do
If I’m vague it’s because I know but can’t state directly- but most of the time it looks like im speculating when in fact I’m trying to tell you something but can’t – so I’m nudging you in the right direction
I will very VERY rarely post if I cant add to the thread ( no star/post chasing from me ) ive been a member 7 months and only just broke 200 posts !! ( too many here go for quantity over quality )
If im wrong ill admit it
If you know better – I’ll admit it
Im here to learn what else is going on – ill not just argue for the sake of it or to push my OPPINION
I will however push fact and try to help you learn and understand a specific subject ( if you’ll let me as too many don’t seem to want to deny ignorance and just rant on …and on )
Now I have for the time being moved to slightly quieter pastures and am almost exclusively in the training and advisor role, for a number of reasons

1 I’m in desperate need of a break over the years ive done many things not all of which im comfortable talking about much I cannot talk about , but all has had an accumulating affect
This coupled with my belief that the middle management of most armed forces are at best incompetent, as they continually prove to me has driven me a little bonkers

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
An excerpt from one of my posts
“The ineffectiveness, incompetency, ineptitude and dare I say cowardice of officers and commanders is and has been a growing problem
The politics, restrictions, but ultimately failings in the command and leadership leads to these problems
You can see the insurgents- they threaten you everyday
You know he's Taliban - you know they are storing/making/planning IED's/ambushes/manpads ect ect
But somewhere up in the food chain someone's decided that we aren't gonna act on what we know
Then you see a group of girls off into school get shredded by such an IED - or your buddy's - or anyone
Inside you know it coulda been prevented
If not for our so called leaders
I'm certain we would have been out years ago if we had had stronger commanders
But militairy commanders are not that any more
They have become MANAGERS with basic soldiering skills
Gone are the romanticised days of a gentleman of honour
Now they just take the job to pay the bills and further their own career but not through being a good officer but through being a yes man
It is something I have experienced many MANY times ( afghanistan alone in 05,06,07,08,10,11) and I have become very bitter and twisted about it ( you wanna understand the 1% vs the 99 - look at the militairy ! )
A growing field is combat stress as a result of poor command
Not through the actual act of combat or related events
BUT THE MORONS WE HAVE TO WORK FOR”
And added to that my son has been very ill with a……right lol
Cerebral haematoma of the upper left perennial lobe ( a nasty brain lump )which has caused him many problem’s – he was operated on in mid 2011 and is now recovering and getting back to being a kid
Me however lol im seeing the mental health docs lol – yep im nuts apparently! But see the quoted comment lol
So that’s me
Alas I like my anonymity so no name, no age, no place of residence, why should the country I live in make a difference ?
Except to those that want to try to discredit what you say based on where you live ??
Although I do hold a certain sentiment for my home nation im not blind or stupid enough to put that above what I believe is right and certainly try to remain neutral and un biased as best as possible
( ive had many u2us asking where im from )
But more its for my security and that of my family
With my anonymity I can tell, hint and guide with relative safety
Whereas I will never intentionally release classified information I may include elements of it in my posts (looking like opinion)
And as such can take me a while to compose comments and replies as im always thinking WHAT AM I SAYING
And im sorry if I offend ANYONE, that’s never my intention – unless your asking for it
So to my fellow atsers, deniers of ignorance and just plain deniers
I say hello, see you around, and hope to add to this community

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Neocrusader, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We are a wide and varied community. It sounds like you could use a soft place to fall. You will have to look, but you can find it here. Good luck. Thank you for sharing and for your honesty.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thats quite the Introduction. I'd like to draw your attention to the presentation tour below. It will help orient you in the right direction.

Welcome Neocrusader

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will be able to start your own threads in the appropriate areas & additionally send/receive messages to fellow ATS members. You are now able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

To save a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

thank you

to be perfectly honest ATS is a kind of therapy for me
it gives me a place to read the news - i dont do TV (except documentries and southpark lol)
but the opportunity to vent off in a constructive maner
but also to hint? at what i know and what i know goes on, and hopefully help deny ignorence
and it really is helping
although im sure my pressence here would be frowned uppon at the least
and if it was known i was here - many would be swetting
but im also sure those that want to know will know !!!
that makes me sweat !.........................sometimes

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

cheers mod

eeek its the feds .............run !

ive been here a while tho

* but im thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big (NC pinches his fingers)

* alas its believed by some im not mentally fit

* will do and i hope so

* will do - eh im not the argumentative type - take what i say or leave it

* i will ( even my wife and son use my account to read up on events )

but i must admit
on 2 occasions ive posted on a thread and pow 404'd
not too sure what i did but soz

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And I feel I must add
I will very rarely post a thread - as to properly format it - word it as to not reveal what I cannot
Or post links ( which often I can't as it's my knowlege )
Would take up far too much time to be productive
I merely comment to add / make a point / give you a direction to look

But if anyone ever at anytime wants to ask me anything
I wiil answer as best as I can
Without breaking my own rules or setting myself up for trouble !

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
americans are just proud we don't try to offend......usually.....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

lol I hear ya dude
And understand it perfectly
But you must see where I'm comming from
In 1 thread it'll be USA USA USA
Then the same person in another thread comments on how things are turning to crap in the US
if you post back with something not in keeping with their ideas, it's back to
USA USA USA, oh another anti US post ect
Many times I've seen posters assume someone's American - so go on the attack
Or Americans realise your not American- so go on the attack
It goes both ways

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Dang, OP. Your spelling is really BAD.

JK

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Lol tell me about it
My opening post was even done on a computer through word ( only the second time I've posted from a proper computer )
So used spell and grammar check
And I bet it's still full of errors !
Hell I can use the same word 3 times in the same sentance - and spell it differently every time and still none right !!
Ah well trust me it's gonna get worse

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I enjoy reading your posts. I hope you continue to gain something therapeutic here.

I would not worry too much about giving info though protecting your identity is wise. I sometimes think that conspiracy websites are sort of enjoyed by the high ups. Some of them want this stuff out to those who can take it and understand. The others must be realising that time and awareness is getting beyond them regardless of their wishes.

I hope that it will no longer be an issue soon and that the education process will overtake the oppression. Humans are not barbaric by nature, it takes some really bad events and backward culture to grow a psychopath.

I hope that the ignorance and lack of compassion is exposed totally in the forces and removed so that the job can become a rewarding one for the brave forces.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Welcome

I think I've already run across you in a couple of threads already

I come here because I enjoy reading about others' perspectives in the various topics they have available here. There is always something to snag your interest, make you feel, make you want to post. It's great.

That being said be careful not to be drawn into a heated battle you could probably win only later to ask yourself was it worth it. How dramatic that sounds, but it's true

Just have fun. If you get mad, instead of getting yourself banned, just stop by the off topic threads and take a look. Rants are good to read when you're mad because they'll either make you feel like your anger is jusified or blown out of proportion. Either way, you'll feel better knowing there are other angry people out there. There's also jokes, tv series, games, all types of stuff to help lighten the mood.

It helps me out alot

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
How very nice to meet you!

I, like yourself have lurked here for far too long and look forward to our future conversations.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Soz for the Huge Delay in my reply .......
But many thanks...I'm sure I've bumped into you on a few threads .....well with the delay in my reply ....I'm now slowly kinda regressing back to whom and what I was, I'm finding my balance again ......have reconnected with myself, my family and my environment as I'm sure some have noticed in the evolution of my posts

See you on the boards

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

lol oh yes we have certainly been in the same threads
My interest are very wide and varied, I believe that in order to be able to see the big picture you need to be able to take that big step back and be willing to look at every part of that picture regardless

Alas looking at your profile you've not been around for a while .......so this is probably me talking to myself.........meh sometimes it's the only way to get a decent conversation nowadays

Hope to see you around

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

I'm sure we will
Had a wee look at your profile and we do share a few of the same interests.. No doubt we will soon bump into each other

new topics

top topics

join