It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mysterious nonsensical web pages , thier purpose ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
while looking into cites and sources for another thread , i came acros this : link

a wall of text , with no structure or coherence

snippet :

During area and hand homeowners, parral was deadly because of its silky time or birria de hoyo, Buy Columbia Techsun - K best price. Uncle and jackie were drying the facebook, in pellets that it became the assumption to non-mining the blowing tubes. An allowed cordial is one which contains painless foods to carry its run temperature. The lunches and batteries were the pressure of the make brücke preparation. The medical wine in weather shape aircraft meats happy quadrant and oil front with hot testing, large diverse care and variety merchant baobing. The many start was increased after sheet and literature followed the magnetic year, opening $800 and contamination. Species and crimes from the university of göttingen, readily one of the gluten-free applications for few application, and was fried by ludwig prandtl.

that goes way beond bad robot traslation , or context less german > english dictionary word by word translation

my language skills are limited - but i cannot construct any coherent context from it

so the question is - why is it published ?

the ravings of an incoherent mind ?

a coded message ?

a prank to see if people on ats create a thread about it ?

any other ideas ATS ?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
usual spam link junk that tries to hide the fact using garbage wording to cover its tracks and also creep up the search engine ranks so people might click on it then they get money

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Looks like a random string of text designed to get search engines to recognize the site so that more people will visit it and generate more ad revenue.

It also possibly be part of a LARP session, a clue for the players or something. I'm not into LARP'ing myself, but a friend of mine is, and when they do mystery LARPS they leave clues on websites like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Also it is a Blog

No exactly a Web Site

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

The text also includes links to advertising pages on Facebook.
I suggest the blog is there to attract people to click on THOSE links.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Actually I think the correct term is "Splog"...

Your example is probably a perfect example of Spam Indexing (or Spamdexing) where unrelated words and sentences - that are typically high hitting index words - are mucked together in order for the page to show up in Search Engine searches. I can't imagine anyone buying any of those products when they hit of those pages, but I suppose it must be working for something otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, would they?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

edit on 12-3-2012 by lzkaware because: took my post of because I dont the fact that it can be gogled by my user name.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As said before, that's just a bunch of keywords to increase click-through rate.
I clicked this thread thinking I would find something like this website
wwwwwwwww.jodi.org...
Which is some sort of art project

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Selling Howdy Cows.

You have yours yet?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Actually I think the correct term is "Splog"...

Your example is probably a perfect example of Spam Indexing (or Spamdexing) where unrelated words and sentences - that are typically high hitting index words - are mucked together in order for the page to show up in Search Engine searches. I can't imagine anyone buying any of those products when they hit of those pages, but I suppose it must be working for something otherwise they wouldn't be doing it, would they?

There is another angle people are playing on the net right now. SEO optimizers are making kill pages for other sites. The idea is to have 20 nonsensical useless pages come up, to either drown out bad press or drown out competitors of top spot pages.

Not sure if this is the case, but it's a possibility.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The Person in Question - Cory Watilo

He's a UI designer in So Cal. By the looks of it, he likes to use these formats to direct traffic for his own reasons. You can always message him and ask. I'm fine not knowing. =D

new topics

top topics

join