It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron paul wins virgin islands popular vote !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Score one for liberty my friends.

The streak is officially over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow it seems that Romney wins the majority of delegates (somehow.. perhaps someone else could fill me in on how that works) but it seems that Ron has finally done it.

Congratulations

link

mod edit: all cap title
edit on 3/11/2012 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is Ron Paul going to bring back internet poker? If so, I'll vote for him.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

It doesn't matter. Although I am a Ron Paul supporter and have been for a long time I also am realistic and know this run is over. I also feel he won't run again.

People in this country are not willing to make the sacrifices that would have to be made to get this country fixed.
The VAST majority of people are too lazy, self centered & dependent to give up the things in life and make the sacrifices that would have to be made to get back on track.

We will get the government we deserve until the end of our country.

It makes me want to puke knowing the kind of people that get elected in this country and that they are there because the people of this country are so lazy and whipped.

I am disgusted with the whole thing.

So quit dreaming about the man who will never win and just make some popcorn, sit back and watch the USA go down in flames.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Strictly speaking, as I understand his principle driven approach, yes....He WOULD be for dropping the federal ban on Internet Poker. I can't speak for him, but that would seem to be well inside the area he is consistently pointing out the Federal Government has absolutely no place even forming an opinion. States who don't like it should ban it.. The Feds have no place, IMO.

Go Ron Paul for the Virgin Islands! It's a small victory, perhaps..but hey, take 'em where they can be had!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Im in the same frame of mind as you.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

lol.. you are behind my friend

check out what ron paul did in the county conventions in Minnesota, Iowa and Nevada today.

WE ARE LITERALLY WINNING THIS THING.

Ron Paul SWEPT THE CLARK COUNTY CONVENTION TODAY. (Biggest county in Nevada!@)

link

link   
Smartest people in the world.

link   
Its a shame the numbers from the votes happening atm dont really matter at all. Grats none the less tho.. =)

I AM a huge Ron Paul supporter fwiw

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

WE ARE LITERALLY WINNING THIS THING.

No. No, not at all. I like the guy but it's never going to happen. Good to stay positive, but lets be realistic.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Look at what is happening with the current delegate situation.

Minnesota, Nevada and Iowa it is looking like we are taking the majority of delegates for sure. The votes were today. Still need to go to the state convention though.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wow

Now My question, How is is that Virgin Islands that is not even a state get to vote
on this and my state doesn't?

Why can't all 50 states do this.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Seriously, he's like way too old. Even I don't think he's going to have a chance. But, hey, I'll still give the guy a vote. All we can do is hope.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I believe in Ron Paul, and I know he is the right person to lead this country, even though it’s a complete wreck, he wants to fix it.
Will it happen, will he be the one to take on the burden? I don’t know

I know though I will continue to believe in him.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The government must have missed this one. They will do a recount and some how Mit Romney will win it, even though he was there or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Wow

Now My question, How is is that Virgin Islands that is not even a state get to vote
on this and my state doesn't?

Why can't all 50 states do this.

Ummm... You probably don't want the answer to that.

50 States major dates for 2012 Election Cycle - By Party

Umm... (sheepish smile) what can I tell ya? It could always be worse? err... You could be Utah.
Look at their primary out there in June. Why bother? I mean...really?? There is a point to even bothering with a primary in JUNE this election cycle? (Okay, down ticket stuff.....That's about it). So much for states being anything remotely close to equal in even a passing way.

Our President is all but decided by the first few states on the Calendar.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It will matter this year because of proportional delegates.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alienones

I can see the GOP saying something like a Ron Paul hacker infiltrated the computers and changed the vote. Mitt Romney actually won with 50%, Santorum 49% and Ron Paul and Herman Cain each received 1 vote each.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well proportional delegates could matter if it throws the convention into contention. That really is where the hope lay for Ron Paul. Well... There is another. Ron Paul can be the one to come back up independent or write-in campaign if Romney is utterly destroyed before the election happens. Obama's Illinois election pattern was the utter and total removal by technical issue or political and personal destruction of opponents. Running on the merits of anything, as I saw it, was never part of it. This won't be pretty for Romney, is my feeling. So there IS a chance there.

The main point tho about states is that by the time most states get to even cast a vote on anything, some or all of the choices have folded their tents and gone home. The choices simply don't exist. I rather liked Cain, personally. If Ron dropped, he'd have been #2 before the big scandal blow out. It didn't matter though, because Missouri wasn't in the top states by date. Cain and others were long gone before I ever had my chance. ..and of course, poor little Utah. Paul or Romney. 2 choices. Whats wrong with that for how this is supposed to work?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think Romney is going anywhere.

I think it will be Santorum to take the fall for the GOP if need be. Just my speculation.

From everything that has transpired so far today I am pretty impressed with Ron Paul's standing.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Sadly i agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join