It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is Next!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Just keep repeating.....

'Enriched uranium must mean a bomb, to hell with there being no proof'; 'enriched uranium must mean a bomb, to hell with there being no proof'; 'enriched uranium must mean a bomb, to hell with there being no proof'......

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
How about this spin... George gets us into Iraq based upon arrogance, ignorance, greed (choose as many as you like and feel free to add your own). Despite his amazing ability to refuse to see reality he has begun to get bored with Iraq. He thought he'd come off as a world hero and it didn't work that way. His efforts didn't even impress Daddy Bush. There's no obvious way out of Iraq (or Afghanistan for that matter) without both countries sliding into civil war and Bush being blamed. So.... because of the 'imminent nukular (HE pronounces it that way... it MUST be right) threat' posed by Iran the US must reluctantly withdraw our forces from Iraq and Afghanistan to counter the more serious threat.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Well looks like Iran is about to put themself in harms way but this time I dont think it will just be GW Bush pushing the issue. I think the UN will possibly agree to stop this action.

Read Today's story

www.turkishpress.com...

Just my thoughts.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by John bull 1]

So the UN is going to stop Iran? How many resolutions is it going to take them this time? There were seventeen in Iraq. I don't think that they're going to do anything about Iran. If they do, it'll be something like this: "Hey! Stop making nukes or we'll have to set up an oil-for-palaces program! By the way, you're the head of our investigation team for Darfur."
The UN has never done anything, doesn't plan to.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If they go looking for a fight, it'll be nuking time.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90

that one would be interesting priemptive nuclear attack! booom ooopsy

man we all are gonna die.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
well in reading the new york times today i noticed that the leader in iran is quoted as saying they will do anything that is asked of them to prove they are only enriching the uranium enough to power i believe he said they ultimately wanted 6 nuclear power plants to power their own country. He also mentioned that he would leave the nuclear proliferation treaty if the UN chose to impose sanctions specifically for Iran. The article read something like "Iran on a crash course with the US." Its a shame that as a country the United States is acting so unilaterally and we the citizens dont even care. From the time the operation in Iraq was dubbed 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' i knew there would be no WMD's found. What will happen if we invade Iran and find they too had no ill intentions? I just hope that Israel doesnt do what they did in Iraq and start bombing nuclear sites... WWIII on the horizon ... can you hear me now?

vir fidelis

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90

They are not looking for a fight.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The Iranians don't need nuclear power plants! Let them build hydroelectric plants if they want electricity! Geez! What's a terrorist run country going to do with nuclear fuel anyway?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
The Iranians don't need nuclear power plants! Let them build hydroelectric plants if they want electricity! Geez! What's a terrorist run country going to do with nuclear fuel anyway?

Who's threatening who?

Of course Iranians want nukes. Why? Because nuclear powers do not mess with other nuclear powers. Obtaining nukes is essential for self-extraction from the Third World. In this world, you either have nukes yourself, or are closely allied and essentially controlled by a country that has nukes.

Iran would not procede with nuclear development if they perceived a threat from the West. Right now the West cannot commit to another war, and if they do they will weaken themselves further in the long run. Iran seems to be in a win-win situation. The current strategic situation enabling them to publicly announce the processing of uranium could not be possible without the US war in Iraq.

I'm estimating a strong possibility that Iran will create nukes without Western interference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join