It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRO zooms in on Apollo 15 once again. Amazing Detail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think people went to the moon, I just dont think it was the peeps we were told it was.

Considering they are just 15 miles away and the zoom capabilities we ought to be able to see the coca cola bottles they took with them

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
nothing special here. it took nasa over 40 years to confirm with orbital pictures that they landed on the moon.

couldn't they have done this decades ago, or was the technology, like cgi not advanced enough to the point where they feel comfortable with it's quality.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

couldn't they have done this decades ago

Why?

There certainly was no need for a multi-million dollar mission just to shut up the few fringe "hoax" believers....educated people knew the reality of Apollo.

These LRO photos are just a welcome perk of the fact that this mission was designed to fully photograph and catalog the entire Lunar surface. It is part of a precursor to eventual future missions, to include deciding on locations to visit, and/or plan permanent bases one day.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
[educated people knew the reality of Apollo.

An educated person might ask how they got through the Van allen belt without protection. The radiation is very strong and nasa's argument that "They went through it quickly" is stupid, it's like saying that if you run through the rain you'll get less wet. At least with rain you can dry yourself, you cant wipe away the radiation.

I'm not an expert so I think this is an intelligent question.

?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The amount of radiation in the Van Allen Belts is not high enough to instantly kill a person. In fact, the amounts they were subjected to added up to about the equivalent of only several chest x-rays.

Another source compares it to one being dosed with what would be a lifetime of radiation for any average lifespan spent on the Earth's surface....so, they were subjected to about two lifetime's worth. (Now that they are all up there in age). Yet, none have died of cancer, as yet.

Cataracts seem to be the worst side-effect seen.
edit on Fri 9 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Until i see a close up of that flag im not buying this. Perhaps they landed a rover up their like Mars (explains the tracks), but i don't believe man has ever walked on the moon. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately we have reached a stage where we cant believe anything anymore. Even a school child could use photoshop and place whatever they want to see on the moon, and so could nasa. I'm not saying those pics ARE fake, just that we have no way of knowing anymore

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

This isn't true....there are plenty of ways to analyze a photo image and find the tell-tale traces of PhotoShop.

There are many experts out there who are skilled with this knowledge.

"detecting photoshopped images"

Have fun researching!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Unfortunately we have reached a stage where we cant believe anything anymore. Even a school child could use photoshop and place whatever they want to see on the moon, and so could nasa. I'm not saying those pics ARE fake, just that we have no way of knowing anymore

I don't see the Russians complaining, not then and not now, (BTW they had two French made laser reflectors placed on the moon too, one I think is still active) That then makes them conspiratorial with the USA..I don't think. Then there are all the people, thousands of them that worked on Apollo, most like many of them are dead now, not one that I know of has 'come out' or had a death-bed confession.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

[educated people knew the reality of Apollo.

An educated person might ask how they got through the Van allen belt without protection. The radiation is very strong and nasa's argument that "They went through it quickly" is stupid, it's like saying that if you run through the rain you'll get less wet. At least with rain you can dry yourself, you cant wipe away the radiation.

I'm not an expert so I think this is an intelligent question.

?

An educated person would have a general idea of how ionizing radiation works and understand the importance of shielding and transit time in determining what would constitute a threat to the astronauts or, lacking that understanding, they would take a few minutes and educate themselves...

The spacecraft moved through the belts in about four hours, and the astronauts were protected from the ionizing radiation by the aluminum hulls of the spacecraft. Furthermore, the orbital transfer trajectory from Earth to the Moon through the belts was chosen to lessen radiation exposure.

Even Dr James Van Allen, the discoverer of the Van Allen radiation belts, rebutted the claims that radiation levels were too dangerous for the Apollo missions.

Plait cited an average dose of less than 1 rem (10 mSv), which is equivalent to the ambient radiation received by living at sea level for three years. The spacecraft passed through the intense inner belt and the low-energy outer belt. The total radiation received on the trip was about the same as allowed for workers in the nuclear energy field for a year.

The radiation is actually evidence that the astronauts went to the Moon. Irene Schneider reports that 33 of the 36 Apollo astronauts involved in the nine Apollo missions to leave Earth orbit have developed early stage cataracts that have been shown to be caused by radiation exposure to cosmic rays during their trip. At least 39 former astronauts have developed cataracts; 36 of those were involved in high-radiation missions such as the Apollo missions.

Moon landing conspiracy theories/Environment

edit on 9-3-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: Sp

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Oh! Hello mate, almost missed your greeting.
Glad I didn't.
I couldn't quite get what you meant about the says and nays.
I guess I will be able to sort it all out as we continue down the moon trail.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hi Smurfy,
Let me play devil's advocate.
As fsr the Russians are concerned, it might go like this. "You guys may claim to have got there first but we got to bilk our folks almost as much as you Americans." As for the reflectors, they were put there yia robotics as the rest of the stuff in the photos could have been put there as well.
Possibilities are open ended at this point in time.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

If the Russians could expose any moon hoax, they would have, since the landings occurred at the height of the cold war. In fact one of Russia's robots were able to confirm Apollo 12 by returning similar soil samples...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If the Russians could expose any moon hoax, they would have, since the landings occurred at the height of the cold war. In fact one of Russia's robots were able to confirm Apollo 12 by returning similar soil samples...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hi Chad*****, how are you?
Scarrypicture you have.
What you seem to miss is my contention about the USSRis that if they exposed the US they would be dropping their own pants.
Your point and the Smurf's point aboutRussian robotics just bolsters my point about how it all could have been done unmanned, Why would we make the Magnificent Seven so expendable?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Nope.

....it all could have been done unmanned....

First, there are the 841.5 pounds (381.7 kilograms) of Lunar rock and soil samples returned. Second, there are the undeniable radio delays in the recordings of all the communications between Mission Control and the Astronauts. Time delays that changed with the distance, as expected due to the speed of light.

And, well....there is this video (only one of many):

Be sure to watch in its entirety, and note the narration that is included as explanation.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Nope.

....it all could have been done unmanned....

First, there are the 841.5 pounds (381.7 kilograms) of Lunar rock and soil samples returned. Second, there are the undeniable radio delays in the recordings of all the communications between Mission Control and the Astronauts. Time delays that changed with the distance, as expected due to the speed of light.

Chad. er Proudbird
When it comes to the moon rocks, some surly must be rocks from other celestial bodies that detonated on the moon's surface for the last 5 billion years.
That is if they were collected on the moon by man or machine.
They could be the rocks von Braun brought back from Antarctica when he went down there looking for them.
The earth is literally riddled with moon rocks. It is just being able to find and recognize them.
Could you tell a moon rock from a meteorite?
I haven't researched anything about the radio signals but will get back to you on that one. Over and out!!! for awhile
edit on 10-3-2012 by longjohnbritches because: had the wrong member

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is a common meme, and is completely inaccurate. It is a lie planted by those who promote the Apollo "hoax" nonsense:

They could be the rocks von Braun brought back from Antarctica when he went down there looking for them.

Wernher Von Braun (nor anyone else on that expedition in the early 1960s) did not bring back any Lunar meteorites from Antarctica.

Here, this video explains it much better than I can do in thousands of words:

The earth is literally riddled with moon rocks. It is just being able to find and recognize them.
\

No, it isn't! That is more of the clap-trap from "hoax" con artists. And in any case, any meteorite that is found on the Earth's surface that is determined to have come from the Moon at some time in the past will have the signs of erosion, etc, that are so common on this planet. Except, of course, in the case of the few found in Antarctica....because of the climate conditions there, normal erosion and contamination do not occur. Although, there is still some, and again....this proves that they were exposed to our environment, and were not carried back, sealed and protected, from the Moon.

Could you tell a moon rock from a meteorite?

Geologists can. There is clear evidence that a meteorite has passed through the atmosphere on entry, and been subjected to tremendous heating as a result. It differentiates meteorites from Lunar samples collected in situ quite conclusively.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wernher von Braun was a rocket engineer with no training in geology.

He wouldn't have been able to identify an out-of-context moon rock if it was sitting on his desk.

Besides, the first lunar meteorite wasn't identified until ~10 years after Apollo, and only then by carefully comparing their chemical composition with retrieved Apollo samples.

jra

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
That looks nothing like the Apollo 15 landing site. Purported video from the mission does not show craters that close and all around the LLM.

Utter nonsense. This photo taken out of the LM window prior to EVA 1 shows otherwise.

AS15-85-11392

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Your passion and interest in the subject is admirable.
Unfortunately your blind belief of what others feed you could be a sad awakening some day.I take issue with your pompous attitude when it comes to folks and or Hoaxers as you call them that disagree with your concept of reality.
The rocks of the moon are of the same composition as some of the rocks on earth. The moon may be a part of earth. The entire universe contains not one element that is not present right here on the planet earth.
What you said about the entry patina of moon meteors is a tough one (not really)
The burn/ heating could be scaled off like a fossil preparer would remove the excess matrix. The water content of earthly pumice and basalt could simply be removed to simulate regolith or what ever they tagged moon rocks as.
The tracks and junk in the NASA photos could all be produced by robots.
LAST but not least is the undisputable fact that rocks from the moon could and can be collected and brought to earth ROBOTICALLY.
Will you and can you deny my last statement?
Right, didn't think so.
edit on 11-3-2012 by longjohnbritches because: well, undisputable needed an S in it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join