It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S civil war??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
what would happen if the U.S had a civil war citizen against the government.. what side would you be on with or against the government.. I for one is against.

and sorry if this is in the wrong place..

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ConfusedPeasant

That's called a revolution.

They would crush such a rebellion like a bug on a speeding windshield. You do realize that the American government is the most powerful government in the history of known civilization right?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

So was The Roman Empire
edit on 8-3-2012 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
you act like alot of the troops we have wouldnt support us civilians.. and if we had a revolution other countries would probably help us the people because they dont likw our government either. just a thought.
edit on 8-3-2012 by ConfusedPeasant because: didnt mean to reply to wrong person.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ive been waiting FOR this revolution ever since i woke up to what was going on around me lately. Been preppin ever since...and of course, against the fascist NWO or government or whatever. =P

I also agree most LEO and MIL will support the revolution....afterall...they been gettin screwed too.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, considering that the DHS surely monitors this website and this thread would be of particular interest to them, my answer is that the government is awesome.
I support my government through thick and thin.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
All I know is the last time it happened 650,000 Americans dead,
and the leader was shot in the back of the head.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I cannot say which side I would be on as I do not know what the revolutionaries stand for.
I can tell you with full confidence though that any blue helmet in my sights would perish.
Peacekeepers always seem to forget about keeping the peace, that and foreign troops in the US is a deal breaker.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by pirhanna

So was The Roman Empire
edit on 8-3-2012 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

That does not even compare.

The Roman govt officials did'nt have nukes, drones, satellites, tanks, mini guns, 20,000 pound Moabs, biological weapons, television, radio, all communication means, stealth bombers(all aircraft), trillions of dollars at their disposal, etc......etc......etc......

Do you honestly believe grandpa's shot gun has a chance against all of that?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Historically, peasant rebellions by themselves never amounted to more than just a prelude for what was to come. The second stage is involvement of intellectuals, and then, finally, there comes a schism in the military and the revolution is fully on. The final stage usually appears as a sort of "black swan event" to those in the power about to be toppled. Charles I was stunned when some of his top generals went to the Roundheads; the Bourbons were surprised by the storming of the Bastille and Versaille- with support from some French military. The Northern states did not take the South secession seriously until Lee did the unexpected- he backed the South. There are plenty more examples too- those just off the top of my head.

The US military is, right now, certainly the most formidable military force in the world today. The mistake all ruling classes make, time and again, is taking the military for granted and treating armies like inanimate objects for deployment rather than the thinking humans they are.

Another thought to consider when evaluating the military power of TPTB is the financial situation- a sudden drastic currency annihilation (yes, it is possible) would tend to wipe out the money that fuels the wars and police state tactics, and also cuts off the imports that our military machine is surprisingly dependent on.

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I think there's hope for us yet.....

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The real question is would you volunteer,
to kill fellow Americans since it is civil war.
Or hide out until you were drafted?
I think volunteers are joining now.
The worse the economy gets,
the more one would need a paycheck,
and rat you off apps for reward, called smart phone apps.
So in my mind the enemy would be anyone with a smart phone.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

as it is illegal to advocate for revolution,
i will clearly state that i am against it,

but a love revolution when the only thing over thrown is bad attitudes and bad idea,
i think that is still allowed,(i think)

are you trying to get people in trouble with the authorities?

xploder

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So you have already been drafted with your Sim Card Identity,
are you going to obey, or be killed with the rest?
I guess we wait and see!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
All I know is the last time it happened 650,000 Americans dead,
and the leader was shot in the back of the head.
The real question is would you volunteer,
to kill fellow Americans since it is civil war.
Or hide out until you were drafted?
I think volunteers are joining now.
The worse the economy gets,
the more one would need a paycheck,
and rat you off apps, for reward, called smart phone apps.
So in my mind the enemy would be anyone with a smart phone.
So you have already been drafted with your Sim Card Identity,
are you going to obey, or be killed with the rest?
I guess we wait and see!
Whenever you discuss the evils of your time,
You will notice that the truth,
starts to rhyme.
Like fairy tales of the past.
Words of truth will be cast.
Gmoney on the question, asked.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
my own . have no love for the government. and the public not worth fighting or dying for. let them save their own fat, lazy useless hides.

Fiji looking mighty nice ...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

whose going to operate most of those equipment if most the troops rebel..if they did but who knows.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

There will always be the die hard believers.

The ones that think they are doing the right thing for the government.

Besides with computer aided technology, it only takes a minimal amount of people to push a button

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
true :b

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's likely I'll side with whoever has the better logistics. (If you could say it that way. Laying low and staying out of anybody's sights during a conflict seems like the best plan. Picking sides is more of a plan B.)

Unless they're so terrible they're intent on infringing on my personal freedom without just cause, in which case I'd be willing to fight the harder fight. Such things are still worth fighting for.

These things have to be considered:

If the gas doesn't flow and the food doesn't come in, what good do modern weapons do? It's one thing to have impressive tech where the supply lines are secured and always moving, but remove that... Can't eat that gun or computer can you?

Oh was the depot over there set ablaze? And all the gas stations left dry for miles. Tanks and comparable armor rolls by without anybody in sight, only to see hostilities when the support convoy rolls in. Advancing suddenly becomes more difficult when supporting convoys are the primary target of any resistance. Gennys don't run when fuels tight, and there goes your comms. Oh in some areas the power lines and such are down too. It becomes more an issue of holding ground which is iffy at best. Babysitting what you've got. Now what will mechanized do? Suddenly whatever fights they pick become a lot more dumb and dirty.

An internal conflict would break the infrastructure that supports a modern military. There's a lot more to it than having the biggest and baddest guns. The winning side may be the one getting a lot of help from outside.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

not gonna happen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join