It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream, which I could feel, taste and hear things -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
HI
This is a post about a dream i had last nigtht, il tell you the story of it, bassically i live in a city called milton keyens, in england, we have no nuclear power plants close by but in my dream we did.
Ok so in my dream the power plant went into melt down, i could actually hear the sirens going off, so in the dream i saved my daughter i drove her to a safe distance and left her with relatives, i then relaised i forgot my girlfriend so went back for her, got back and she was ok, but I could taste a mettalically taste and i could also feel like radiation hitting my face like now.. so i could hear, taste and feel stuff in this dream... has anyoen else had a dream like this.
Also when i woke i felt a bit emotional like i have to say sorry to my girlfriend for leaving her and i wanted to see my daughter and hug her (live with her mother) ialso felt a bit sad and down from it.
So anyone else had a dream in which they feel, taste and hear?
Thank you.
Regards Jamie

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

has anyoen else had a dream like this.
Yah, thousands of people have them every night. They are called lucid dreams. Some are more realistic than others. I had a dream two nights ago that all my teeth fell out, and that freaking sucked hardcore. I woke up and the first thing I did was check my teeth, and I was like "thank **** for that". It did make me think about when I get old and start losing all my teeth though. Sooner later it's going to happen. Ehhh, life sucks.

edit: as mentioned below the correct term is "vivid dream" not "lucid dream".
edit on 7-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yes, when I was thirteen I had a dream where all of my senses were working. I will never forget this dream, as it brings tears to my eyes talking about it to this day because it felt so real.

I basically woke up in my dream and I was strapped down to a chair, I couldn't see my body for some reason though.

I was in a HUGE room, so big I couldn't see the end of it, but I could see a huge curved window that matched the circular shape of the room.
The room was so bright, I was squinting, but I couldn't see any actual lights anywhere. It was as if the walls, floor and ceiling were glowing.

In this window though, where tons of people, but I could not make out faces, they looked like shadow people almost.

Basically, when I would think in this dream - and you know you can't stop thinking, especially when you try to stop thinking, you are still thinking about not thinking! - someone would insert this long, scorching hot metal tube into my head and I could smell my flesh burning in my dream!

Each time it happened(when I had a thought, which was nonstop) I could feel the burn, smell my flesh, and feel my tears run down my face. I could even taste this bloody irony taste in my mouth.

When I awoke, I still had that awful taste in my mouth and I could still smell burning flesh. It was so intense that I threw up about a minute after awakening.

I wonder what those types of dreams mean.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Haha, I had that dream myself around 4 years ago.

All of my teeth fell out, and then I remember my dad going under the sink and grabbing a huge bucket of plaster and trying to replace them with the plaster haha.

Dreams are crazy sometimes, eh?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yep, it's actually pretty normal.
I think everyone has had a dream like that at one point or another. Normally in my dreams I feel pain sensations though more than anything. Like, I had a dream last week where I was so ill and full of fluid that I was suffocating in air as I was being taken to the ER and I think my body was actually physically gagging and coughing while I was dreaming because it's like I could FEEL it. I don't think it was because I was actually ill though because I haven't had a cold in a long long time.
But yeah, when I dream I nromally get real feelings more on the violent side which isn't fun at all but meh.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I have dreams like that a lot. Last week I had a dream that freaked me out. I dreamt I was at a beach close to where I live, there are many hotels and shops by there. It was hit by a tsunami and I was swept away, along with many other people. I was just tumbling around in the water, could taste it, feel it going up my nose and everything. Theres more, but I dont think Id have enough room to write it all in one post. Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The principle definition of a lucid dream is knowing your dreaming and controlling the events in the dream. In a lucid dream only your imagination inhibits you. There you can have the power of Star Trek, TNG's "Q" This kind of dream control can be learned, hell cheaper then going to Disneyland...
edit on 7/3/12 by arbiture because: add stuff

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

All of my teeth fell out, and then I remember my dad going under the sink and grabbing a huge bucket of plaster and trying to replace them with the plaster haha.

Yes some dreams can be very bizarre.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

The principle definition of a lucid dream is knowing your dreaming and controlling the events in the dream.
Actually yes you are correct. The term I was looking for was "vivid dream". Thanks for correcting me.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow lots of people have these then, that’s pretty cool, thanks for the replies... I have been having these fair bit of late so I have started documenting them and also documenting my emotions after.
The dream I spoke about is the first one in my (dream log) as I have called it.
I have written it as a story using people name who I see and all that.

Regargd Jamie

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Sounds normal to me... All my senses has always worked just fine in dreams.
With lucid dreams you can even have ones where senses seems heightened.
edit on 7-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I always just thought that was how everyone dreamed.

We use all our senses in our awake life, and dreams are sorting things out, or remembering things, or maybe sending our inner selves somewhere, so why wouldn't all of our senses work properly, in all of our dreams?

I also find it strange when some people say they dreamed something in colour, because I can't understand how anyone would dream any other way - we live in colour, so I don't think our mind would know how to convert into black and white, or greyscale.

I hate getting hurt in dreams, it always lasts a little while if it's something that wakes us up.
And having to run away anywhere in a dream, is when my legs feel like they turn to jelly, and don't want to work right. I hate that feeling. It makes it feel like there's something medically wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I have always had (in deep sleep) very vivid dreams where all my senses kicked in.

The last several times I dreamed of nuclear war and told my doctor about it. I tried Sleepy time tea, wine, meditation, calming books or happy movies to no avail - the dreams were so vivid I could feel the blast of heat, smell the hot, searing air burning my lungs, feel the dirt under my bare feet as I stood outside and heard first a deafening long boom, felt the reverberation and heard millions of people screaming, all in one voice, then a hot wind that blew me into nothingness, everything turned white.

I empathize with you, these types of dreams are not fun. I use to dread bedtime.

Anyway my doctor prescribed 1/2 Valium before bed and I still dream but they are less intense and mostly pleasant.

After talking with my doctor, my husband, his family (I don't have any), they all said they dream in black & white with few if any senses kicking in.

My dreams have always been in color, with all my senses, touch, taste, smell, sight, hearing (in real life I have a severe high frequency hearing loss since birth) in my dreams I can hear very well.

Anyway a really good book I have had for years and I bought it on a lark, but it's pretty accurate is Dreams by Frank Garfield & Rhondda Stewart-Garfield. This is a picture of my book.

The Aborigine say that when we dream (They call it Dreamtime) we, our souls transcend our bodies and we enter into perhaps other dimensions, parallel worlds or other timelines?????

Or as scientists say, we are simply working out subconscious worries and thoughts we had during the day.

I do believe we are all somehow connected consciously - a universal mind some call it.

I also think we as a species are becoming aware of how badly we have mucked up our environment, planet wise. We are literally pooping on the only bed we have to sleep on.......not smart.

Fukushima is on everyone's mind either consciously or subconsciously because all four reactors melting down will affect our entire planet big time.

Personally, with the BP Oil Gusher, the CorExit (gruesome name), the island of plastic floating around in the Pacific (GoodSearch: The Garbage Patch in the Pacific), our CO2, HAARP, Chemtrails, pesticides, our Ozone layer is thinner, our O2 level is lower (less trees = less O2 & more erosion = deserts growing, the list goes on and on............again, Mother Earth is growing very tired of the fleas on her back, sucking her blood and biting her, she's gearing up to shake us off like the parasites we are.

Maybe a lot of us are subconsciously aware of this.

BTW: Clean, FREE, abundant energy has been available for decades but the most powerful people on the planet have humanity by the throat with their monopoly on "energy".

Start researching how many people have patents that were either bought off, threatened, even murdered.

Nuclear energy is like giving a two year old a lighted blow torch, illogical and dangerous.

Fossil fuel is primitive and dirty.

But, that's another thread, another conspiracy altogether.

Anyway, I'm grateful for my 1/2 Valium at bedtime, I wake up feeling rested and my nightmares have ceased.

Not usually big on drugs but after describing my reoccurring nuclear war dream to my doctor he now has a Bug Out Bag ready

My wish for you:

edit on 7-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Aww thank you, well it was my first dream in which I could smell, feel, and taste, I wasn’t really freaked out by it, anyways il look on eBay later see if I can get one of them book.
The weird thing to was I could hardly remember it this morning but when I sat and typed out my dream in my log it all come back to me
Regards Jamie

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I more than regularly dream about tornadoes. I live in California and have never witnessed the event first hand. I do recognize that while growing up, images of tornadoes invoked both fascination and fear. These dreams that occur do so with the intensity that you explain regarding your own dreams. The majority of the time, my dreams have absolutely nothing to do with a tornado. I will be dreaming of something familiar (friends,places,events, etc.) then randomly I will observe the formation of a funnel cloud. It is terrifying and very real, in the sense that I "feel" the wind strengthen, I "hear" the deafening roar increase as it approaches, the emotion of "fear" that this tornado is chasing me down and that I must escape. As the tornado is within yards, I feel that all to familiar occurrence stated by countless others in dreams, where my legs can't move fast enough (as if I were in molasses) I can literally "smell" the soil being churned up, feel pain as I am struck by debris. I feel the sensation of my very breath being taken from my lungs. The darkness and the fury overtake me.....then I wake up.

Again, I have never even seen a tornado in reality. This is terrifying to say the least.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

No you did not.. Vivid dreams occur during REM sleep and not deep sleep.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have had this happen to me several times over the past several months. I would sometimes fall asleep during meditation and experence these types of dreams. It also happens just before I wake in the moning as well. I would be having a dream of talking with someone and touching and observing an object in the dream. My arm would to streached out touching to the object that felt so very real I thought I was truly awake when touching it. Then for some reason I lost all feel of the object but still reaching trying to find it to touch and all of a sudden I would wake up and I would see my arm and hand streach out where the dream object was that I was touching in the dream. I have not experenced any part of my body move in a dream state. I am not a sleep walker. This is something very new to me. It does not frighten me but I am concerned that parts of my body is moving in relation to my drean state. Very interesting.

join