It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peyton Manning to be released by Colts. Thoughts on where will he end up now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The Colts and Peyton Manning are set to hold a press conference on Wednesday to announce that the future hall of famer will be released by the Colts. upon his release Manning will be able to immedietly sign with a new team. It is said that Manning has 7 different teams tha he may possibly go to. So fellow ATSers where do you think he will land? Who do you think would be the best fit?

Possible Suitors
1, Washington Redskins
2, Miami Dolphins
3, Arizona Cardinals
4, Seattle Seahawks
5, Kansas City Chiefs
6, New York Jets
7, Denver Broncos

Or will he end up somewhere totally different and un expected?

Link about release HERE

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Commercials
Tv shows
Movies (maybe)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Houston Texans baby! I believe the bid is in talks within the Texans camp with our QB out even though Yates did an impressive job with the teams progression this past season. Now hoping that happens and with Foster signing a 5 yr contract, and having Mario back on the field healthy along with Johnson and JJ Watt, Cushing, etc. The Texans might have more than likely chance to be a contender at the next Superbowl!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Lord knows the Cleveland Browns could use him, but he's only a stop gap as he is getting old for the game. He'll be injury prone in the future. That is something that the teams have to think about.

If I were him, I'd retire and become a NFL commentator. Lots safer.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The buzz for the last month is that the Dolphins are the best team suited to Manning.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sirissacnewtone

Makes perfect sense to me, well The Niners make the most perfect sense but I don't see that happening. The Texans make perfect sense because they have good receivers and rb's. Defense is pretty damn good as well. The icing on the cake is that they play the Colts twice a year during the regualr season. If Manning does end up in Houston,anyone who believes that he's not pissed off at Irsay will soon understand the difference between reality and good PR. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Heard the Giants were going to get him as a backup to his brother Eli.

I doubt he'll be starting anywhere.

edit on 7-3-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

He will be starting next season somewhere. You probably believe that Jimmy Darmody is really dead as well? I got some news for you, Nucky was dreaming.
Course if I had to pick just one, I would bet on Manning starting on some team next season over Jimmy being alive. I just want both to be true so badly. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

He will be starting next season somewhere. You probably believe that Jimmy Darmody is really dead as well? I got some news for you, Nucky was dreaming.
Course if I had to pick just one, I would bet on Manning starting on some team next season over Jimmy being alive. I just want both to be true so badly. ~SheopleNation

We shall see on both counts.

I didn't really like Jimmy all that much anyway so I wouldn't mind if he was gone.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

We shall see on both counts.

I didn't really like Jimmy all that much anyway so I wouldn't mind if he was gone.

Whaaaaat? Jimmy was my favourite character!

Anyway I think it would be awesome if manning went to the ravens and the ravens put flacco as a backup hahaha but that probably won't happen

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It sounds like Tennessee is planning on making him an offer he cant say no to so we'll see what happens after tomarrow when he meets with the team.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Manning should sign with The 49ers. It's a no brainer. Most likely won't happen though. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think most people would like to see him throwing for their team.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

haha yeah, that is, if he can stay healthy

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Very true, the neck and spine are nothin to mess with thats for sure. Four surgeries in 2 yrs isnt very good. He's taking a big risk by playing agian, hope he dosent regret it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Manning should sign with The 49ers. It's a no brainer. Most likely won't happen though. ~SheopleNation

Don't want or need Peyton. We were one play away from the SB. The entire defense has been resigned. Picked up Moss.
We'll be drafting a WR with our first pick. No need to take a chance on Manning.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, there is this:

On Friday, the same plane that picked up the star quarterback for a session with Broncos brass late last week was en route to the Raleigh-Durham area, where Manning has been rehabilitating from a series of neck surgeries. Early in the morning, Broncos executive John Elway was seen at the Centennial, Colo., airport where the flight originated.

ESPN, citing anonymous sources, reports that Manning will work out for the team executives at Duke. A Broncos spokesman declined comment.

www.koaa.com...

He's only got a couple years left in him at best. BUT I would love to have him on my home team even if only for a moment.

I think Tebow had his 15 min of fame. We'll see tho.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepidDon't want or need Peyton. We were one play away from the SB. The entire defense has been resigned. Picked up Moss.
We'll be drafting a WR with our first pick. No need to take a chance on Manning.

Oh really? Well apparently Harbaugh and the Niners front office feel different about it. Manning worked out for them on Tuesday. Alex Smith hasn't even signed yet, and that's because he has the same agent as Manning. Ted Ginn Jr. is most likely gone. His effect on Field position will be missed, so no things will not be the same. While I like Alex Smith's feet, we are talking Peyton Manning here. = Superbowl Victory. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Picked up Moss.
We'll be drafting a WR with our first pick.

Should have picked up Terrel Owens if you're gonna take a chance. Atleast he blocks, can go across the field and can go deep. He also never quits. All around better football player than Randy Moss. ~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I heard there has been some rumors that Denver has offered him a $60 mil contract.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join