It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think?: Paul/Kucinich 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Let's just say that if (and a big IF) Ron Paul were to grab the Republican nomination?

If he really wants to shake things up and truly unite those on the Left and Right, may I propose something radical?

A Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich ticket.

Now, think about it.

While Ron and Dennis do not come from the same school of politics, both have suggested radical changes that need to be made in order to restore this country.

Both have been ridiculed by members of their own party (did you ever think Kucinich would get the Dem nomination whenever he ran?) for going against the grain of their respective parties.

Both appear to have conviction and integrity and of course, both have their flaws (remember Kucinich's "marriage"?).

This is a ticket I would vote for because it would really shake things up (to me at least!).

I don't see it ever happening and I hope that this answers the questions from my critics. This is my honest attempt to show you that I'm not TOTALLY cynical about American politics.
edit on 7-3-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by The Sword because: restructured sentences

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

But, if you want to really shake things up, this is a ticket I would vote for.

S&F

Because I NEVER thought I would hear you say something like this!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That is a ticket I could get behind for sure. I have a lot of respect for Kucinich, and prettymuch everyone knows I support Paul already. Hell, I would consider voting for Kucinich if he ever decides to run.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

That's what I was hoping for this entire race.

Besides, it's time Dr. Paul kicks down a little bit of respect to Dennis:

edit on 7-3-2012 by cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Which office will Paul be running for? President of Imaginationland?

Have you seen the results of Super Tuesday yet? Paul hasn't won a single state. Gingrich has won 2 so far, one tonight. Ronny Boy can't even beat Newt. He's done. I hope anyone who donated money to his campaign can get a refund.
edit on 7-3-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Which office will Paul be running for? President of Imaginationland?

I would gladly help build that society with Paul and Kucinich.

Imaginationland has a lot more citizens than you think... and they don't use fraudulent voting methods.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
That ticket would win hands down on ATS.

That's about all I have to say.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The question was hypothetical.

I'm trying to gauge whether or not this ticket would work as an independent ticket as well.

If we're going to unite this country, we must, and I repeat, we must find people from both sides of the aisles that will run together on an united platform.

This is the key to dismantling the left-right paradigm nonsense in this country!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
as for ron paul it ain"t over until the fat lady sings the Blues!!!! dennis is smart an played obomination like a fiddle with a free af1 plane ride and a great job for his wife in the bargain!!!!!!!11

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ron and Dennis will both be out of Congress come 2013 and America would lose it's two best and most dedicated statesmen, unless...

Paul-Kucinich 2012

Why not?

edit on 7-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If that team ran as a third party I'd vote for them. If they lost it would be the end of their political careers though. They would have to be willing to sacrifice political office for the idea that they would be the founders of a new political movement in this country. Would it be worth it to them?

If i'm honest I unfortunately don't see that happening.....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sorry, I am just not a Kucinich fan. But I'd still vote for RP anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
If that team ran as a third party I'd vote for them. If they lost it would be the end of their political careers though. They would have to be willing to sacrifice political office for the idea that they would be the founders of a new political movement in this country. Would it be worth it to them?

If they were truly worried about their political careers ending, they wouldn't have stood for what they did for so long. Honestly is there any better way to go out?

I believe we can barely imagine the grassroots swell that would emerge if they truly embraced this... which is exactly what builds a true culture of community. Bottom up growth, not top down dictation.
edit on 2012/3/7 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

It wouldn't be that big an IF, if votes for Ron Paul were actually counted.

worldundercontrol.com...

Just one example -

ETA-- more proof

edit on 7-3-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
well looks like Kucinich's career is over anyway....he is out of congress

Kucinich lost

Pauls not running, Kucinich is out, they might as well run together at this point, they would get quite a few votes from both sides of the aisle
edit on 7-3-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Kucinich cool, Paul might already have him lined up as a VP but won't announce it in till he either goes independent or grabs the nomination.

EDIT: In fact... If we could somehow breed Paul and Kuchinich we could get almost my perfect Prez.

edit on 3/7/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
That ticket would win hands down on ATS.

That's about all I have to say.

I see what you did there..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
For those that say you don't like Kucinich, you'll still have Paul.

Basically, they'd balance each other out.

It's more about ending the proliferation of political parties in this country.

Didn't our founding fathers state that they had no desire for the existence of political parties in this country? Didn't they also view them as dangerous factions that could harm the public interest?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I also saw that.

Remember, this is a hypothetical idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
For those that say you don't like Kucinich, you'll still have Paul.

Yeah I said that.

Didn't our founding fathers state that they had no desire for the existence of political parties in this country? Didn't they also view them as dangerous factions that could harm the public interest?

No, just washington said that, I believe. The split came when washington was talked into supressing the whiskey rebellion by john adams, and adams, as 2nd president, proved to be a strong federalist....something that didn't sit well with jefferson, the 3rd president.

Isn't history fascinating?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join