It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your First Time!~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Today was my first time voting!

I'm 20, so this would be my first chance to vote for a president. Everyone there was voting on the republican side as well.

It was kind of disappointing to not see any other young people there but maybe I just went too early in the morning.

I voted for Ron Paul, even though I'm not a libertarian. I just feel he is the most real candidate running.

Who did you guys vote for your VERY first time?

edit on 6-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Your first time huh? I hope you were safe........

Oh, voting. And for Ron Paul even.

If i was American i would say something funny.

vvv

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
excellent, i give you a star and flag for voting for the doc

at least now you can say...dont blame me i voted for ron paul.
(and believe me when mitt wins youll be using that a lot)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Congratulations - it is a bit of a weird feeling isn't it? Frankly, i felt all grown up and responsible after my first time but now many down the line, simply feel jaded instead!

I was at Uni first time, so everyone was young that was voting. Not so many about early on though, more just before closing!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
ha,im canadian. i was 20 the first time i voted. i got treated like it was my 'honour' to vote,and i should be lucky to live in canada! well yes,i am happy to live in canada,but i started following polotics and discovered all the crap that was actually going on! (the truth!) so the next time i voted,i voted for every one!!! this made mt ballod void,and actually took a vote away from every member!
i haven't voted since. and they say if you don't vote,you don't have a say. well i'm fine with that. i don't speak about polatics often!
good luck with your vote,like it will do much!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I can't remember who I voted for my first time, but I do know that whoever I vote for is never the one elected

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Good job.

I don't really remember who I voted for the first time. I had to look up who was running then.
Carter was the Democrat candidate then. Being as I was strongly Democrat at that time, I probably voted for Carter.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
whoohooo one more for ron paul! im 28 and i just voted for the first time this year, finally found someone worthy of my time and effort. plus been getting more involved with the world around me so need to start doing my part.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Conservative in the 2010 General Election.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
i just voted for the first time this year, finally found someone worthy of my time and effort.

So there's a secret 5th candidate from an independent party then? Cause none of the Republican candidates are worthy of anything, they're all pointless.

That's why Obama will get his second term, because the opposition fighting to go against him in November is so poor and laughable.
edit on 6/3/2012 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Congratulations, unfortunately whoever you voted for government will win, and the president can't change how government and the economy is ran.

I predict whoever becomes president, in four years you will be disillusioned, and singing the praises of the next illusion of change.

The cycle of corporate dictatorship continues...

edit on 3/6/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

lol Yeah I know, its the thought that counts i guess

But at least Ron Paul wouldn't go to war with Iran or Syria

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ANOK

lol Yeah I know, its the thought that counts i guess

OK I'll give you that one lol.

But at least Ron Paul wouldn't go to war with Iran or Syria

Do you really think he would have a choice?

I don't think the president even makes that choice.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well, Obama bombed Libya randomly, I doubt Ron Paul would

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ANOK

Well, Obama bombed Libya randomly, I doubt Ron Paul would

Again I don't think it's the president that makes that choice.

Those decisions to send troops to Libya came from the oil industry, the shadow government.

Keeping Iraq's Oil In the Ground
Did the U.S. invade Iraq to tap its oil reserves or to make sure they stayed under the sand?

World oil production today stands at more than twice the 15-billion a-year maximum projected by Shell Oil in 1956 -- and reserves are climbing at a faster clip yet. That leaves the question, Why this war?

www.alternet.org...

"The trouble with this country is that you can't win an election without the oil bloc, and you can't govern with it." Franklin D. Roosevelt.

The World Plutocracy Part I: Oil Rulers

This country is controlled by those with the financial power to do so, not presidents. We keep expecting change from a new president but history proves this has never happened, and as long as we allow capitalists to monopolize the economy and control governments nothing will ever change. In four years time you will all be bitter about Ron, and praising the next talking head. War will continue regardless of who is president.

Remember Obama's promises?

President Obama’s top 5 broken campaign promises

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well yeah I know that. I know the whole industrial/banking complex controls the world. But it would be a lot harder to do something if your spokesman (the president), won't go along with it.

I know if Paul got elected he wouldn't change the country much at all. But I don't think he would hurt it either.

edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

If you know that then how are you so sure Ronnie won't be the same as all presidents before him?

I just don't get it?

Do we not learn from our mistakes, are we destined to continue repeating them expecting a different result?

If he was really going to make changes to the status quo he would not be allowed to be president, so if he does get in it just proves to me he is no different to the others and you will have all been duped, so you have a bit of a catch 22 situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Because he has a pretty consistent voting record. But I don't know, I could be wrong. I keep an open mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The first time I voted(The first time I was able to vote.) I voted for John Kerry. When the "Hanging Chads" problem arose, I instantly knew there was a problem. Skeevy scumbags. Although I want the Doc. to be in office, I feel I have been subjected to what is "right" or "wrong." Can I even trust the good, for the good? And to the ones saying that there is no hope at all. Maybe there is one, just one lotus that can bloom out of the s**t every once and a while.

new topics

top topics

join