It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: U.S. marines report alien-like activity

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quibbler
reply to post by silo13

Well, it does have to be said that at least as Marines they should all be familiar with military aircraft or commercial. If there were flares, planes, swamp gas, they should be privy to that information.
Cool story, imo.
-----------------

that swamp gas excuse kills me who thought swamp gas
was a good blag to debunk UFOs

forgot to add a star for you
edit on 7/3/2012 by maryhinge because: star

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in years, but I had to log in once I saw this thread.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my girlfriend and I witnessed this exact same thing just outside of Buffalo NY about 4 months ago.

The picture is 100% identical to what we saw. The description is identical.

We were passing through an Indian reservation to grab a cheap carton of cigarettes when we saw this. The lights made no noise, and stayed absolutely still for about 10 minutes. We eventually had to run into the smoke shop because they were about to close. When we came back out 5 minutes later, the lights had vanished.

So, my take on this is that it has nothing to do with the military operation in Afghanistan, because, as I said, we saw this outside of Buffalo New York.

Just wanted to add that I read this thread waiting to stumble upon another poster who has also seen this. I'm actually a little bit surprised that no one here has. It was visible for a long time and very hard/impossible to miss.

edit on 7-3-2012 by openfire because: to change font size for emphasis

edit on 7-3-2012 by openfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by openfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Great! For episode 2 we jump cut at the start from the Afghan to American hills. From east to west if you will. from bullet-holed Humvee to battered Dodge pick-up. Keep it coming!
edit on 7-3-2012 by jamdan because: clarity

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Can't believe no one else thinks they don't look like the lights over phoenix Arizona soMe years back? I think they have some similarities for sure.

edit on 7-3-2012 by CodexGiga because: Edit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SwergKrater

Welcome to ATS! Great to have you aboard.
I'm sure we'd all like to hear more about your 'sitting' and yeah, we'd of liked those pics, but, that's how things go.
Thanks for giving your report - that being said - did you report it to MUFON?
You might want to!

peace

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by openfire

Hi! Thanks for your report too! Read back one page to SwergKrater's post! You two might want to hook up in U2U and talk over - what seemingly - is a similar sighting!

Let us know what you two come up with!

peace

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Note:

I've got some emails and contact info in to Ken Pfeifer. Let's see what I can find out from the 'horses mouth'. I've not got a lot a hope of getting a reply but - I'll let you know.

peace

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by openfire

I posted earlier. I have seen it too. This was few days before the announcement was officially made to use Drones in the US for domestic surveillance. Kinda reminds me of the 24 Season 8 where the drones were used CTU. However it is unclear at this time what type of drones will be used as there are many types.

I'm sure there were numerous tests conducted prior to the announcement to get a warm fuzzy by the ground control unit responsible for its operations.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Let the sheep bleat.

Zekund lyne.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
t night I can see my direct tv sat glowing like a star.

Yes I can see sats.

I see them all the time late at night streaking across the sky.

The one which fly over the east coast I see all the time not sure if they are russia or chinas though.

Do you not think its possible?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I see them all the time late at night streaking across the sky.

Considering the 'lights in question' stayed pretty much in place for over 45 minutes your above line blows your theory gone gone...
Not being witchy just pointing out the obvious that we sometimes can't see for the the trees.

peace

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by openfire

So, my take on this is that it has nothing to do with the military operation in Afghanistan, because, as I said, we saw this outside of Buffalo New York.

Why is that so certain? Lots of things are tested and deployed from USA prior to use in theater. Military will always practice if they have the opportunity.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
That is probably a kite with lights tied to the string at intervals. Or possibly a tethered balloon with the same thing done to the tether.

It was a popular trick during the annual 'kite season' in my country a few years ago. The first time I saw it, I really thought I was seeing a giant UFO. Found out later on what it really was.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
A good look at all the solid evidence would seem to suggest that they are definitely here, and have no desire to harm us.

If we can accept that these lights are intelligently controlled, then we should be able to accept the clues hidden in our archaeological record.

If so, we can see that the reality is a far cry from the Hollywood mega drama version.

They are here, and have been as long as we have been.

I'll tellya what, jimnuggits, I'm on the far-plus side of rock-solid belief. Just waitin' for something for my own eyes to seal the deal. That 'something' is here, in one form or another, is not in dispute- by humans equipped with properly receptive eyes and ears. I'm not skeptical in the least, but my inquisitive, questioning, human nature is insisting on something...anything, absolutely irrefutable, before I go tellin' a buncha people what I do indeed believe in.

Been doing this stuff too long, to not have made far too many pronouncements I wish I could take back....and edit a little more closely...more accurately- or not have said at all, ever. So, rather than go through the embarrassment of having to retract or revise something I was so damned sure of, I've decided to let most of what's out there rinse a few more times. Until I am personally convinced, I must keep looking. Sooner or later, I am gonna find out.... 'something.'

More immediately, to be perfectly honest about it, I am far more in fear of what these 'fellow' earthlings are constantly tryin' to do than whoever's "out there." Least "they" haven't hurt me yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here's an update I saw yesterday with a little more info thrown in.

After describing the incident, when and where and the lights (with photos) the article went on to say:

The witness was sitting in his office at the Marine logistics group compound when a Marine issued an alert about the lights. They stayed in the sky so long that people just started leaving.

A second Marine confirmed with Marine Corps Times that he saw the same lights at Camp Leatherneck in May or June of 2011.

And...

Robert Hastings, a UFO expert and author of “Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites,” said there is a history of UFO sightings in war zones dating back to World War II, when both sides reported seeing secret enemy weapons. Sightings were also reported during Vietnam and the Persian Gulf War.

After reading the report and viewing the photos, Hastings said he believes what hovered above Camp Leatherneck was a bona fide UFO.

Nice... Very nice...

peace

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

flares dropped by plane could fall in exactly that pattern

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join