It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: U.S. marines report alien-like activity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
NOTE: I hate posting in this forum. Read that again. But, having stated it (twice) I didn't have much of a choice as 1) Multiple witnesses of the military kind, 2) MUFON endorsed, and 3) A PHOTO!

So go at it ya'll. I'll let you hash it out! Oh, and by the way - Don't kill the messenger! (And if this is posted somewhere else - maybe it's time for ATS to fix the search function.)

An American witness inside U.S. Marine Corps Base Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan, reports there were many people watching a series of "seven equally spaced lights" in the sky that appeared and reappeared during one evening, according to recent testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
source

(pic at link)

"We were all in our office on Camp Leatherneck when we were told to come outside and see these really cool lights in the sky," the witness stated. There were many witnesses to the event.

"The lights were hovering in place, but they disappeared and reappeared again. They were up there for a long time without moving. They went away for a while and then came back. They didn't move or blink or make any noise. They looked like they were really high up but there was nothing to base that on. Pretty cool event."

And no one had a video cam? In all that time? At least there's a photo so I'll stop whining.

Special thanks to New Jersey MUFON Field Investigator Ken Pfeifer for brining this case to our attention.

Yes, thank you Ken Pfeifer

peace

edit on 6-3-2012 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
More links to the above 'incident'

UFOs Over Marine Base in Afghanistan

Problem is it's all the same info... Still looking for more though!

peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

U.S. marines report alien-like activity

Not one thing about aliens.Just some lights in the sky. Could be anything.Fail.
Gotta love those misleading headlines.
edit on 6-3-2012 by mark1167 because: text

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, it does have to be said that at least as Marines they should all be familiar with military aircraft or commercial. If there were flares, planes, swamp gas, they should be privy to that information.
Cool story, imo.

+68 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

U.S. marines report alien-like activity

Not one thing about aliens.Just some lights in the sky. Could be anything.Fail.
Gotta love those misleading headlines.
edit on 6-3-2012 by mark1167 because: text

If it is unidentified which is what the UFO part of the title means then they are exactly that and this is the right forum. Could be anything??? That's rich....what could they be? Flares? What????

I think that too is what the OP is trying to determine. You are no help in this regard at all.

"Alien like" is misleading to you.
What would be a better choice of words for you?
Human-like?

I think your response is weak and fails miserably to lend anything at all to the thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I think your response is weak and fails miserably to lend anything at all to the thread.
reply to post by newcovenant

Please enlighten us with anything you can lend to the thread. All you've done is come on and rip me.You haven't contributed anything more than me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I see a red tint/earth color

Seven lights diagonally placed..

MUFON knows what's up, I don't.

Aliens please visit me tomorrow night! I'll be dreamwalking with my distant lover tonight!

Real Talk.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

Please enlighten us with anything you can lend to the thread. All you've done is come on and rip me.You haven't contributed anything more than me.

Well, if they left and came back then they are not flares.
They were witnessed by servicemen who find them curious and so that leads me to believe this was not a military exercise. The thread has just opened and I am hoping for educated opinions on what this might be myself. Emphasis in educated. Serious opinions are sought and not just hackers or rude unappreciative posters who offer nothing but are quick to disparage others contribution to the site.
edit on 6-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

Well, it does have to be said that at least as Marines they should all be familiar with military aircraft or commercial. If there were flares, planes, swamp gas, they should be privy to that information.
Cool story, imo.

That's what I was thinking. These 'witnesses' have some credibility - at least in what they are familiar with (flares, military vehicles,etc) and know this is NOT what they are seeing.

UFO in the classic sense I would think. Alien like? Hey, I didn't write the article but I probably would have said the same thing and coming from the military this sounds pretty good all in all IMO.

Plus - let's not forget where this 'sighting' took place. It's not exactly a walk in the park over there at the moment and the area is HIGHLY charged for escalating conflict atm.

peace

edit on 6-3-2012 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Added note:

Coolest thing for me about all this? Looking at that pic.

What if I really am, I mean I really am looking at an alien vehicle of some kind?

Holyyyyyy BLEEP! That just blows my mind. What if it REALLY IS what I (hope) think it is?

Wow. Like I said. Mind blowing!

Just throwing out my reaction =

peace

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

I feel your pain.

It seems like this forum should be named the "Aggressive, Mean-Spirited Debunking" forum because it's full of people with nothing better to do than insult people who post UFO photos, etc.

Hello debunkers? What part of Unidentified Flying Object do you not understand? It may not be aliens but it is still unidentified!

Probably CIA spooks.
edit on 6-3-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Phoenix lights anyone?

Great post

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Maybe a formation of drones headed for the panjasher??
Now lets see,, what hovers at the edge of the ionosphere in formations of seven and remains in place emanating photon streams of varying intensity?
Could it be a squadron of Federation Light ships apearing over the war torn mountains to assess the ground situation vis a vis their base beneath the himalayas?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i think its now time to think not IF they are here but WHY they are here....are they Europeans living in our oceans since they do live in Oceans back home?

P.S. Hi dsm1664 !!! still keeping your avatar on display!!
edit on 6-3-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Hey matey,

Yup, that avatar still looking good

What do you mean when you say:

Originally posted by heineken
....are they Europeans living in our oceans since they do live in Oceans back home?

I still wouldn't jump to conclusions... One thing that bugs me is that it says:

I hate to say it but after maybe 45 minutes we just went back inside to work.

What did the superior officer say/do, what did radar pick up? Surely this event would warrant investigation because of the proximity to the base and not forgetting where they were and what they were doing??

Maybe they did investigate..maybe that info is not being made public....

edit on 6-3-2012 by dsm1664 because: tired

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Sooo... All the sudden nobody has a telescope? Military probably has seen them/it from satellite or other resources, and if it's not man made their might be a reason they are leaving them/it alone...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

with europeans i meant...

we have in hand some extraordinary evidence which suggest that in fact we do are being visited on a regular basis by an Alien species...this is one of the most intriguing evidence I encountered so far..again it involves the military..

I always believed that life ..intelligent life..is everywhere in the universe but was rather skeptic we have been visited...now that i'm leaning towards believing Alien visitation is real i focused more my thoughts on who and why they are here..

an interesting crop circle ..the famous reply to Carl Sagan's binary code message..includes the whereabouts of the supposed Alien species trying to communicate with us..they showed in the crop circle they are from Jupiter but they are also on mars and Earth...

and thus I came with the theory that since we know very little about the abyss of our oceans if an intelligent marine species exists in Europa they might have settled in the very deep of our oceans...

just a small theory though...dont make fool of me

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Europa..the moon of Jupiter..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Well, if they left and came back then they are not flares.
They were witnessed by servicemen who find them curious and so that leads me to believe this was not a military exercise.

This is not necessarily true. The lights are certainly unidentified but just because the grunts on the ground do not know what they are, that does not mean they are not military tech.

New tech is often tested out in arenas such as Afghanistan. For example, during the Somalia operations (before Blackhawk Down incident) the US military was testing all sorts of tech on the locals. These included things like sonic cannons which when aimed at an area, caused the "victims" to fall over and throw up for 10 to 15 minutes, making detention very simple.

Now Somalia was ostensibly a peace keeping operation. Afghanistan on the other hand is a war zone and therefore the sort of place the more hardcore new tech gets tested on the enemy - for all the value of simulations, there is nothing like real time real combat testing.

ETA:

Just to confirm, i am not saying this was definitely something military. Instead, i am saying simply that we shouldn't rule it out.

edit on 6-3-2012 by Flavian because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Back to the original source....Here's what they says on the MUFON database about this case:

Here are 2 of the 6 photos that I took one night (on or about 7 Feb, 2010) while at our office in the MLG compound on Camp Leatherneck Afg. I know that ALL of my friends on FB that were with us saw the same thing. They were up there long enough that people were leaving.

They were up there for a long time without moving. They went away for a while and then came back. They didn't move or blink or make any noise. They looked like they were really high up but there was nothing to base that on. Pretty cool event.

Now that I have seen it on TV it is super cool that we were able to witness it.

1. I was in my office in teh MLG Compound on Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan.
2. One of the Marines in the Company came into the office to tell us about the lights.
3. At first we thought maybe flares or weather balloons but they didn't change alt. or fade out or fall.
4. As my attachments show there were 7 equally spaced lights in the sky that did not appear to move or change.
5. Very interested to see the lights, so many people saw them and didn't even stop to look at them. There was a lot going on during the day but nothing to distract us during the sighting.
6. I hate to say it but after maybe 45 minutes we just went back inside to work.

I have 4 more pics they are sharper but since I was moving they make the light appear as if they were moving. The two I attached are pretty clear.

Thanks to the OP, interesting! S&F
edit on 6-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join