It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A rumor about what is going to happen on March 7th 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have heard a rumor that on March 7th, the feds are going to shut down internet sites through the removal of DNS names, meaning by shutting down the server that connects the name to the IP address that gives the person what they want. Now I'm skeptical on this but I will be cautious, so as a backup plan of when this happens, I'll have all my favorite internet sites IP addresses so that I still have access to them

Just to throw something out there, does anyone know this sites IP address? so that if this happens, the shutting down of the internet on certain sites, I will know the direct link to them along with others.

Oh, and another thing to throw out is everyone loves Youtube. Well, how would someone like if it was bland, had all the playlists randomized, no more comments, only certain videos are allowed, and no themes are on there anymore? I won't like that. I like it, and from that stand point, it's forcing me to drop a popular video-hosting site.

Has the Government of Psychopaths gotten crazier? I think they are more than that, they are out of it and to the point where they are now crazy brainwashed Dictators.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
I have heard a rumor that on March 7th, the feds are going to shut down internet sites through the removal of DNS names,

Guess we'll find out in two days. At least we won;t have to wait around until December to see if the world ends for this one.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i was at auction today upstate ny and i saw a sign/poster that caught my EYE...

it said something like "the new beginning or start is coming march 7th" when i say this i couldn't stop but stare and try and figure what was going on that day but the pic in the back round of those letter was like a NUKE going off or the sun rising but it really did look like a nuke...

i just knew there was sometype of connection there but whn i came back home i saw two post/threads about "MARCH 7th" which once again caught my eye..

idk what that day has to come but i will be waiting to see

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Interesting. Coincidently, Howard Ratcliffe thinks WWIII with Iran will start on or around Purium 2012 (March 7-8). How interesting that our government would make information on the net difficult to find on or around the same time.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Have Firefox and want to know sites IP.. this addon works great..
addons.mozilla.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

All you have to do is a ping to find out. I get 67.228.0.162 and it works fine.

Hope that helps.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That rumor started last month I believe. I think that you have a great idea by recording ips. I think I might just get on that tonight and actually have them handwritten as opposed to just makin a file on the pc. Now this may sound like a dummy question but I will ask anyways. If the FED were to completely dismantle the internet on that date (which I have heard) what good will an IP address be. Im just saying that if they go in there with a fat kill switch and remove and or scramble along with edit the info that is allowed, then we have to start from zero?
Either way I will be joining you on the recording of the IPs so thank you~~~

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
hope not!

i personally believe that if they did something as drastic as this, it would give the people enough to revolt in a revolution. maybe.. hopefully

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The FBI is not shutting down DNS servers, or websites March 7th.

What happened is this.

Somewhere in Estonia 6 men created and spread malware that changed the dns settings on computers to redirect them to fake websites. It even changed settings to prevent the infected computers from visiting security websites that could help remove the infection.

After the men were arrested, the FBI set up their own server which redirects these infected computers to the correct DNS, so that those infected could continue to use the internet until they get their machines cleared up. On March 8th, that server is being taken offline.

Any person still infected at this point will have problems connecting to the internet. Those of us who kept our computers protected, and those who have had their systems cleaned or never got the virus in the first place won't be infected. Unfortunately, there's something like half a million infected computers in America, including at least 1 infection in half of the Fortune 500 companies and 27 government agencies.

You can go here to see if you're one of the people infected by this bit of malware.

*edit* If you do a search for FBI shuts down internet on March 7th on here you'll find multiple threads covering this very subject, with much more detailed information.
edit on 3/5/2012 by tebyen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
IF this were to happen, I'm sure they would come up with a good excuse. You just know that the word TERRORISM would be used in big, bold letters. Somehow the servers would be tied to known groups.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apocalypticangel

I don't know for sure, but I think the only thing the government can do is turn off the domain servers.. the rest is controlled by the Internet Service Providers.. I can't imagine them turning off the Internet as that is their source of revenue.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Reports of massive vote fraud is expected tomorrow so shutting down the internet may be a precaution in case things get ugly.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Haha, I thought you were going to talk about Apple releasing the Ipad3 On the 7th. I have been seeing the articles everywhere about the "new" Ipad.

Meh....if the Government stops the internet, maybe my house will get cleaned over the next few days.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

That was what I was thinking too. They make way too much money to do that to themselves. Either way I got my stuff written down just now!! Thank you again for the idea!! In response to the person that would be cleaning their house if it gets shut down, THANK you!!! I enjoyed that too. So funny on so many different levels!!!! CHEERS>

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

They are not shutting down sites. They are removing their dns servers. The only people to be affected are those still infected with the DNSchanger. Not FBI's fault.

www.abovetopsecret.com 67.228.0.162

Check your dns to see if you are infected. EASY CLICK

If you are infected better get fixed or internet goes night night for you. Need to fix for windows use this TOOL.Need to fix for MAC use this TOOL

edit on 5-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wonder what it could be? The beginnung of a worldwide catastrophe? A major cover up? And why is march 7 significant?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It might be interesting to note, that Facebooks new "timeline" feature becomes compulsory on March 6th. What may even make this more interesting is the fact Facebook changed this date from March 1st.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by qhekf1998

that would be sooo damned smart - no coverage on MSN + Internet shut down (MSN focus on that)...meanwhile israel bombs all iranian nuclear facilitys and main infrastructure and 24hrs later US and A join them for protection...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Heeere we go again!!

I've covered this in great length!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, you cannot say we did not warn you!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

They are not shutting down sites. They are removing their dns servers. The only people to be affected are those still infected with the DNSchanger. Not FBI's fault.

www.abovetopsecret.com 67.228.0.162

Check your dns to see if you are infected. EASY CLICK

If you are infected better get fixed or internet goes night night for you. Need to fix for windows use this TOOL.Need to fix for MAC use this TOOL

edit on 5-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

Shhhhh, you'll spoil the ZOMG paranoia, what are you, a conformist?!?!?!?!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join