It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cultural Case For Being Against Interracial Mariages

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thread title says interracial marriages
it includes relationships too but I just put marriages
so moving on...

I was watching this:

Of course the people in the video were against such relations for racist reasons
But I take a slightly different stance
That doesn't mean that I am really against it, but kind of thinking out loud here

Being against intteracial relations could also mean that you are completely against racism
Because you love all cultures of all races so much you don't want to dilute them

Take Australia for example, they said that multiculturalism doesn't work
Truth is that if it wasn't multicultural then Aussies would be eating fast food and red meat all day and would by a strong large majority be obese.

Think about it
white people marry chinese people, down the road the offspring of their offspring will completely lose their cultural identity, in fact they won't have one
You may say oh they will have one, but I mean ethnic culture here specifically

That offspring will likely not grow up knowing how to cook chinese food
Imagine a black marrying an indian, again the offspring will not know how to cook indian food, and we all know how good indian food is

My point is yes... there will still be cookbooks
But the cuisine will get diluted and westernized nonetheless
There won't be authentic ethnic cuisines anymore, and yes I mean a long way down the road not tomorrow but still

If you truly love all cultures of all races, why want to dilute it?

If the majority of the world were into interracial marriages and have offsprings how long do you think different cultures would survive?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
what a load of pure unadulterated bovine fecal matter.

there is only one race - the human race.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Fine, take race out and replace it with ethnic cultures
happy?

To be honest only a brainwashed radical would find hate in my thread

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Fine, take race out and replace it with ethnic cultures happy?

No, not really.

No one has the right to dictate to another to whom they can marry/partner with. Half the "ethnic cultures" we have today wouldn't exist if people stuck with their own kind way back when. Furthermore I don't believe interracial partnerings is any danger to any particular culture. The majority within each culture generally feel strong cultural ties and therefor typically look for partners within. I'm more worried about genocide, honestly.

Besides what's wrong with developing some new cultures anyway?
edit on 4-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
No one has the right to dictate

Did you even read the Opening Post?
Who the hell is talking about dictating?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Rather than hating people for the color of their skin, people should consider that God in his wisdom made all of us unique to make life beautiful and fascinating. Each person is who they are and each person is just a piece of the larger puzzle that is the whole human race. We all have something to offer it, no matter what color you happen to be.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Rather than hating people for the color of their skin

Can you guys please read the OP and then make a comment?
This is getting ridiculous

First reply was the intellectual equivalent of a useless one-liner
The second was the poster saying I was for dictating something when my OP clearly says i'm not against it just thinking out loud
And then the third, you saying 'rather than hating people'

PLEASE READ THE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I dont see this as an issue really. Im in an interracial marriage, its about people having the ability to choose who they want to be with, not restricting such thing because certain people are afraid that certain ethnicities or races may be diluted. That simply wont happen, imo. Everyone has preferances and are entitled to them. Where some people are open to dating other races, some prefer their own and i dont see anything wrong with this. But there is never a reason to restrict others in who they choose to be with.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Why are you so defensive? I read the OP and I disagree. Did you read the rest of my reply or did your knee hit your chin before you could?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So far the progress of this thread clearly illustrates something about today's society

Being politically correct means you have nothing but a knee-jerk PC response and requires very little brain activity. In fact it's a requirement that you use your brain as little as possible!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Why are you so defensive? I read the OP and I disagree. Did you read the rest of my reply or did your knee hit your chin before you could?

I'm not being defensive at all
There was no tone in my post to you

You may ask if I read the rest of your post and yes I did but that doesn't change the fact that you used the word "Dictate"

Please quote my very words in the OP where it implies I would support dictating anything

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
you can be against interracial marriages as long as you dont do anything to stop interracial people from getting married,,, why should two people not do what they want to do because theres something wrong in your head?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benoit84
not restricting such thing because certain people are afraid that certain ethnicities or races may be diluted. That simply wont happen, imo.

Actually it's already happening
I know alot of interracial couples and I see it happen right before my eyes
interracial couples from all walks of life as well

Originally posted by Benoit84
But there is never a reason to restrict others in who they choose to be with.

Agreed, however the thread is not about restricting others

link   

Nothing in any response you have gotten is PC. Perhaps it is you who needs a bit more brain activity?

You are saying that you love all races and wish to see cultures preserved, that's great...admirable. Then on the other hand you are worried that interracial couplings will do harm to cultures, I don't agree in the harm/diluting part I believe love is love and that there's no threat to any culture being lost due to mating with others. My problem begins where your bringing this up as a problem, so the obvious solution to avoid this problem of diluting cultures is to prohibit them from mating.

link   
Who cares about preserving a race?

Nationalism is childish, racial pride is childish. You being born to a certain group is a genetic accident. You didn't accomplish anything that your ancestors did, why try to hold onto the something you didn't do? Something you had no choice in being a part of.

If my great great great great great grandfather was Da Vinci, does that make me anymore special? Does it make me a great artist? A great inventor? A predisposition to like spaghetti? NO. It makes me a human being just like everyone else.

And there is nothing PC about my post. It is just common sense once you have lived around a bunch of different races and emotionally mature a little, you will see we are all the same.
edit on 4-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Nothing in any response you have gotten is PC.

So far the majority has been
Hopefully the trend will end here

My problem begins where your bringing this up as a problem, so the obvious solution to avoid this problem of diluting cultures is to prohibit them from mating.

Again you bring up me dictating

Please understand, the thread in no way shape or form insunates that I am for dictating anything

First of all it's not about prohibiting others but oneself, huge difference
Secondly, as I said in the OP:

That doesn't mean that I am really against it, but kind of thinking out loud here

So once again, I am not for prohibiting anyone else
This is a thread where I was just harmlessly thinking out loud and made a non-aggressive thread
This is about you having your own individual beliefs for yourself without imposing it on anyone else

These PC responses happen all the time in this Social Issues section of ATS
People want to make all topics taboo
Why can't people just engage in a normal friendly debate where we aren't disgusted at each other for having different views.

Makes me think about this quote

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Fromabove
Rather than hating people for the color of their skin

Can you guys please read the OP and then make a comment?
This is getting ridiculous

First reply was the intellectual equivalent of a useless one-liner
The second was the poster saying I was for dictating something when my OP clearly says i'm not against it just thinking out loud
And then the third, you saying 'rather than hating people'

PLEASE READ THE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all the same thing if it be said politely or not. I said what I said and I'm moving on to the next interesting thread now.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I am personally not for nationalism myself
and your post and video where mostly about nationalism and pride

But i'm not talking about either here

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The idea of aligning race with culture is absurd. The suggestion that a culture could be ''diluted'' is even more absurd.

Not too many hundred years ago, ''white'' culture included burning ''witches'' and ''heretics'' at the stake.

''Culture'' is the ever-changing present-day reality of directionless (or quasi-directed) social evolution.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
''Culture'' is the ever-changing present-day reality of directionless (or quasi-directed) social evolution.

If you've ever been to China or India you would know this to be incorrect
Both countries have a culture that goes way back, so far back yet so well maintained even today

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join