It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is here. Which side are you on?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Okay, I want to pose a sort of hypothetical situation for anyone and everyone. I don't consider myself a Christian, but I do believe in the wisdom of Jesus' teachings. And I also think many people on here are at least vaguely familiar with Christian teachings, so my thread will follow along those lines.

Suppose that Jesus returns to Earth. He makes his return known and announces that it is now time for the final battle between good and evil.

Will you join the fight? And if so, which side are you on?

Seriously think about those questions for a little bit. I doubt there are many people who would say they are going to fight on the side of evil, but I'm sure a fair amount of people would be willing to answer the call for the sake of the good.

Personally, I want to fight evil. So everyone else who has decided to do the same join with me. But the next question is, who is our enemy? It seems we have quite a few options to choose from. Is it terrorists or the Chinese? Or is it a more hidden enemy such as the bankers and corrupt politicians? We might argue over some of these details, but ultimately we agree that some group such as the illuminati is orchestrating all of the evil and so we decide to take up arms against TPTB.

Now we are united and start planning our attack. The first thing we have to do is convince everyone of the lies that they've been fed over the years. People should be more open to seeing these lies as governments fail and the economy collapses, so hopefully we have most of the population on board. Now we meet up with Jesus and tell him that we're ready to fight.

So how does this epic battle of the ages play out? We lay in wait, ready to fight to the death, but then Jesus tells us we have already lost.

How can this be? The battle hasn't even started.

Jesus then gives us this reply: "You say that you believe in me and give yourself to me. You spread the gospel and teach my words. However, you've been too caught up in your own ego that you've failed to understand my words. Did I not teach you to love your fellow man? And what about when your enemy strikes your cheek? Did I say to strike him back or to turn your other cheek? What you have failed to grasp is that the evil you were meant to fight was within. You have been given free will and it is your choice whether you choose love or hate. You have constantly looked for a savior to come and save you, but it is you who is the savior, for God is in each and every one of you. And failing to realize this, you have lost the battle against evil."

Like I said, I'm not a Christian, but I think this is an interesting thought exercise that anybody can benefit from. What are your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
if jesus came down right now, he would be labeled a conspiracy nut.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The end is here. Which side are you on?

Who is paying the most?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012

Suppose that Jesus returns to Earth. He makes his return known and announces that it is now time for the final battle between good and evil.

Will you join the fight? And if so, which side are you on?

I would tell him to get #ed, because the first 'Jesus' to rock up and claim it is the Anti-Christ.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Did you guys read the whole post? I appreciate the responses, but I'm looking for some replies with a little substance.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If Jesus came back he wouldn't look like what we think he would look like. And he would be pissed off and not bringing peace but a get out of my way or be destroyed attitude.

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I would tell him to get #ed, because the first 'Jesus' to rock up and claim it is the Anti-Christ.

I considered making the Jesus in my little story the anti-christ because it definitely fits, but I didn't want to get sidetracked too much. I think that would be a good way for the anti-christ to trick people who haven't fully understood the original message of Jesus.
edit on 4-3-2012 by killuminati2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

okay mr 'im not a christian', im 'not a christian either', but if jesus came down from the skies and declared the sides of good and evil i think thats a little strait - forward and uncomplicated

why not just God come down and say dont have war, would people still have war?

if a side was labeled as 'satan' would men not defend their lord and god? (historically)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well, all I could say to Jesus would be that if he expected more of us, he should have made the playing field a little more level. Judging from his own actions (that is, when he went medieval on the money-changers), I'd say he'd just have to understand exactly how seriously raw we've been done, and how righteously pissed-off we really are....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one

okay mr 'im not a christian', im 'not a christian either', but if jesus came down from the skies and declared the sides of good and evil i think thats a little strait - forward and uncomplicated

if a side was labeled as 'satan' would men not defend their lord and god? (historically)

You dont want God to come down here because if GOD did it wont be to stop war but to say "Enough im tired of this" and poof everyone is dust and the planet is ready for new life.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Oh, i agree. The bible has stated that the Anti-Christ appears and tells the world that he is Jesus. It goes onto say that the uninformed will follow him blindly. The second Jesus to come is the real one. So, that is why i said my comment. If the first 'Jesus' rocked up and asked me to fight for him, would decline. I would however, accept the offer from the second Jesus, as he will be the real one, providing the bible is to be believed.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
im still loling on the first 2 post.

ask your self this what is evil?

are the people who pollute the earth evil for destroying what we have?

i have to think on this one, but at first thought you would always fight for the good.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one

Thanks for the reply. You're hitting on what I'm trying to get to. I think people tend to view the world as black and white when it's really not that simple. No person is 100% evil or 100% good, but too often some religious folk think it's my way or the highway. What I'm kind of trying to show is that just because you claim to be a Christian (or an adherent of any other religion) doesn't make you a better person automatically. You have to make the change within yourself and not expect somebody else to come along and do it for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

He's not coming to say anything to ask anyone to do anything. He's not coming "to" earth. He wont be holding any pressers or giving any speeches or communicating with folks.

The premise is all wrong. Go back and re-read it. He's not coming to earth. He's not asking anyone to join sides. The next time we see him we will have already joined a side by the way we live our lives now. You wont get to pick. You will have already picked.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI

ask your self this what is evil?

Thank you for this question. Looking at some of the other responses so far, I think people are getting a little too caught up in the whole good vs. evil thing. Ultimately, I can see it relating to Jesus' teaching of not judging your fellow man. Ultimately we struggle to deal with evil and understand it's place in our lives. The only way we grow is through conflict and struggle, so it definitely has a place. In the end, though, I think these struggles are meant to push us to a higher understanding which is a sort of inner-peace which also reflects outwardly (this is definitely an over-simplification).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

He's not coming to say anything to ask anyone to do anything. He's not coming "to" earth. He wont be holding any pressers or giving any speeches or communicating with folks.

The premise is all wrong. Go back and re-read it. He's not coming to earth. He's not asking anyone to join sides. The next time we see him we will have already joined a side by the way we live our lives now. You wont get to pick. You will have already picked.

Well, I wasn't trying to claim to be right. I was merely providing a thought exercise. However, I would totally agree with you if the biblical teachings turned out to be true.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The only real enemy remaining is the one within, and the great humorous joke of the ages is at the devil's expense, so you'll know you've won when you can't stop laughing, at your own stupidity, while pounding the ground and exclaiming of God, incredulous - how did he KNOW?!

I'm with you.

But my point is that if we lose our sense of humor, then all is lost.

The end of evil - that's the new beginning. Let us be found standing in that place when the time comes and the time has come, so this is very good news, for those wise enough to see it, and recognize that what I'm saying is right.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here is the problem....

I do not believe in "evil" nor "good".

Depends on perspective.

Christian, Muslim, Judaic, Hindu, ect as you go through the various world beliefs your perspective changes dramatically. Just because a Christian believes in Jesus and the Jew doesn't acknowledge Jesus as his messiah doesn't make that Jew any less worthier of his eternal rewards due to his beliefs. I was raised around a myriad of people with varying beliefs and taught tolerance and respect for others and their beliefs.

I believe in core values that apply to my life as a man and I follow the rules and regulations of the land in which I reside. The duality of man is simply understood when you look at it from an essential perspective... people are needful and wanting of things in life whether "good" or "evil".

So whichever side pays the best and keeps me living my accustomed lifestyle is where you shall find me.

I personally do not believe that the end is near. The universe will always be in flux and changes will occur in time spans not yet understood or fathomable by man.
edit on 4-3-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

You're right that that's the problem.. a problem when the good cannot be recognized and celebrated for what it is!

I feel sorry for people that cannot see it, cannot feel it, and shout for joy at its triumph.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Okay, maybe I should clarify a few things so people don't get too caught up in the religious tone of my OP. I don't think the end is near, nor do I even believe in an end. I think ultimate reality is too complicated to grasp in our current physical reality, so we're left to work with the few tools we have.

As for good and evil, I don't really believe in it as such. However, there is duality - positive vs negative. The value we place on such things is a human invention.

Even though I don't believe the end is near, I do think that significant changes are coming. Our way of life is completely unsustainable at the current rate and we have no choice but to change if we hope to survive. I think we're at a time where great personal growth is possible as well as growth on a global scale. But for this to happen, we can't expect someone to come save us. We have to change our own thoughts and perceptions and not really on somebody to do everything for us.

ETA I'm off to bed. Thank you for all of the responses and I hope to continue this conversation tomorrow.
edit on 4-3-2012 by killuminati2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join