It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Apologizes for Calling Sandra Fluke a 'Slut'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh Apologizes for Calling Sandra Fluke a 'Slut'

news.yahoo.com...

Rush Limbaugh issued an apology Saturday to the Georgetown law student he branded a "slut" in three days of attacks, after she argued to Congress that the expense for her birth control should be covered by her employer's health care plan.

He said he "did not mean a personal attack" on Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown student.

"My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."

The conservative radio host that throughout his career he has "illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation."

I honestly didn't think Rush would apologize...he must have had some serious heat come down on him.

It's good to see justice has been done.

Now I wonder if all the ATSers that joined Rush in his disgusting attack on a young women will also follow his lead and apologize as well???

Or will others continue to call her a slut for wanting the insurance she pays for to cover birth control pills???

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I honestly didn't think Rush would apologize...he must have had some serious heat come down on him.

Yea no kidding , i didn't think so either . But he came through , brought an apology . Gotta give the man respects for that , takes alot to apologize and admit your wrong . Yea i do hope he wasn't forced into it , and it was genuine. But we will never know will we? Just speculate our little hearts out .

It doesn't have to be so ugly , but sometimes in the heat of the moment we all say things we maybe shouldn't have . NOt always cause it might not be warrented but , just because of its negativity aspect.

Kudos to Rush!

But a slut lol you better have some pics and videos if your gonna pull that card. Just slip of the tongue.

edit on 3-3-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A total BS apology!!!

Rush isnt sorry over this. Not one single bit is he sorry.

He realizes the outrage over his OUTRAGEOUS STUPIDITY and he knows damn well that an apology is in his best interests for the sake of his image.

edit on 3-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm sorry but that man is a nasty piece of work.

And I don't believe his apology is genuine. Don't know what the US did to deserve these types as being famous 'journalists'. Back in the 70's and 80's decent, investigative journalists were well known and not these clowns.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I hear all you guys on the sincerity of it....I have no idea if it is a sincere apology or not.

I don't think I care either.

If it is a sincere apology...good for him...and it takes the wind out of the sails of anyone else trying to attack women who support this.

And if it wasn't sincere and he was forced into doing it due to lost sponsors....it must be irritating the hell out of him for having to do it.

It's a win/win in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

More theatrics from the dog and pony show called Rush. I refuse to watch him or listen to anything he has to say. Stupid is as stupid does this is very true in regards to the spectacle. Entertaining bologna drama. As far as the so called Sandra Fluke. Someone trying to get media attention to push a well formulated agenda rolled out to pass a law or sway the people. The people that get involved in these types of antics are the same people refuse to believe that Pro- Wrestling is a fake and a fraud. People spend time and money reveling in these circuses.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I would bet a dollar that if pressed he would say he is sorry for calling her a "Slut." But I doubt he'll apoligize for calling her a prostitute.

One phrase is PC while the other is not. That'll be his defense.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
He must of been receiving heat and was essentially forced by his bosses to apologize....losing sponsors is losing money.

He attacked for 3 straight days....if he was sincere...it would have never gone beyond one. When other people slip up and say something outlandish...they stop and then apologize...not continue at it for a few more days.

Regardless....still surprised to see he did it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If any of you believe for a second that he actually means the apology, you need more help than is available. This terrible man only did this to save his job and nothing more. The girl is human, I don't understand why being human is such a bad thing. Rush should be fired because he is a hate monger.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

So far, Sleep Number, The Sleep Train, Quicken Loans, Legal Zoom, Citrix and Carbonite have pulled ads from the program, and several others are considering following their lead.

thinkprogress.org...

And here's the reason why....his major advertisers are running for the hills.
edit on 3-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Exactly.

There is no "sincerity" in this "apology"....it's a business move. Damage control.

And, there are an untold number of other needed real apologies that are due.....won't be coming any time soon, though.

The man is a vile Human being, and laughing all the way to the bank. A despicable person, through and through. Deserves no respect. And, has no redeeming characteristics.
edit on Sat 3 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Looks as if ProFlowers and Eharmony may dump him too. Many of these company run ads all through conservative radio.

I wonder if any other companies are going to be willing to fill the spots? I think many will be afraid to even consider it...at least for awhile anyway.

The GOP is severely damaging their appeal to women.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

www.floridapoliticalpress.com...

wow who would have thought this was true?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wbf850

www.floridapoliticalpress.com...

wow who would have thought this was true?

perhaps the media will 'smear' her name or credibility to negate Rush's verbatim?

somehow balance it out?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The GOP is severely damaging their appeal to women.

Are you telling me women don't like to be called sluts and prostitutes because they are taking proactive steps for their healthcare???

I honestly don't know how any woman can vote Republican...even if they personally don't agree with this contraception move by Obama...they would have to be blind to see how Republicans are treating women like second class citizens who should shut up, do what they are told, and know their role.

It's just unbelievable the disrespect Republicans show women and there are still Republican women.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Tuesday morning we see who his advertisers are, then we go after them. We are going to put this piece of # out of business.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Rush loves pills, takes 'em by the handful. Then he goes on a junkie rant, and people love it. Then he apologizes. Now we find he only likes certain pills. The cycle continues.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would like to apologize for calling Rush a junkie. It was not a personal attack, just all junkies in general.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Bill Mahr commented as well.

He said he could continue calling Sarah Palin a # because HBO didn't have advertisers.

Rush's apology? His business. His opinion.
edit on Sun Mar 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Time for Obama to broker a "Beer Summit".

RUSH: Yeah. I always am right -- and, by the way, offensive? When did that ever bother me? The purpose here is not to be offensive or to not offend. The way I look at it, you can't go through life without offending people these days. There are people who live to be offended. Speaking personally, I don't give people the power to offend me. I don't. I don't give people that much power to make me upset by what they say.

The "Cracker" Controversy

In his own words....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join