It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird "biting" pain while asleep, left a mark.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Before I get into this, I don't think this is paranormal, but it SEEMS paranormal, and also I didn't know where else to post this. I don't believe in ghosts, demons, or anything of the like. But I'm not sure if there's a viable explanation for this, unless a doctor sees this thread.

I was doing my usual lying meditation, and I guess I dozed off (I usually drink tea or coffee before I do, this time I didn't). Anyways, I don't remember if I had a dream, but I do remember a pain in my lower right leg that felt like multiple jabs (didn't feel like puncturing the skin) that briefly woke me up.

I didn't pay any mind to it, as I sometimes have muscle pains in my arm or leg, especially while sleeping. I went back to sleep for about twenty minutes, woke up, had a cup of coffee, and upon looking at my leg, I found this:

s14.postimage.org...
s14.postimage.org...

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos. I took them on my iPhone, and shrunk them down so you wouldn't be disturbed by my legs' incredible hairiness.

Anyways. What's going on here?
edit on 1-3-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: Had to clarify that the pain woke me up.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
almost looks like "hickey" marks
or some one with "duck lips" and lipstick
though you can see it's not lipstick

succubus ?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I got marks left like that on me before. I concluded that it was probably a spider.

EDIT: The marks were on my wrist.
edit on 1-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That's what I thought when I first saw it, it looked like when a woman wearing lipstick kisses something, it leaves those lips marks.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't know but that's pretty freaky if you ask me. Thanx for posting up the pics, it really adds to your story.
Be sure to take photos if this happens again.

I really wonder what could leave a mark that big!! Where do you live, exactly? Could it have been a wild animal of some sort? Real bizzare...

Peace and much Love!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I've had spider bites before, and the pain from them usually lasts a certain amount of time, usually around an hour. The only initial pain I felt was the multiple "jabs" (best way I can describe them) that were not incredibly painful, but there isn't anymore pain after that.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Same thing happened to me like a year ago, I was asleep and something bit my leg the pain was pretty intense it woke me up. At first I thought it was a spider so I checked my bed and trust me I looked everywhere for that spider and there was no sign of any bug. So I went back to sleep.

When I woke up there was a welt on my leg. After a couple days the welt got huge and I thought I might of got bit by a poisonous spider so I went to the hospital. Told them what happened and they said it was not a spider bite that it was formed from bacteria or something like that. That's basically telling me I'm crazy nothing bit me, so what woke me up in the first place that was so painful.

They ended up cutting the tip off and digging everything out of the welt and gave me some antibiotics. So I have no idea what the hell it was I know defiantly it was no bacterial infection or whatever...something bit or stung me really hard. So take it as you will.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow,that IS freaky..has there been any incidents of any paranormal or strange phenomena in your house lately..or in the lives of close friends and relatives?..If you are freaked out about this.put a bowl of salt and a bowl of saltwater under your bed,ive heard that keeps things that go bump in the night,away.Also you may wanna scatter a thin unbroken line of salt around your bed?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
weird, could it be bed bugs? I think that they will bite you everywhere though!

Maybe you are allergic to your girlfriends lipstick?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You might want to wash all your bed clothes and the like. You may have bed bugs or kissing bugs. They are really small most of the time so you might not spot them unless your really looking hard.

Or maybe your getting ghost kisses or something

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It looks like you have bed bugs. I would get that checked out ASAP

bed-bugbites.org...

nopests.com...

www.to-killbedbugs.com...
edit on 1-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It has a similarity to brown recluse bites, but not completely. They typically do not hurt at first, and many don't even feel the bite initially. Look as closely as you can at the center of the area and see if you can find 2 very small punctures. Keep a close eye on it and if the pain continues and gets worse I would definitely see a doctor.

Again.....not exactly what a recluse bite looks like, but has some similarities.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It looks like you have bed bugs. I would get that checked out ASAP

bed-bugbites.org...

nopests.com...

www.to-killbedbugs.com...
edit on 1-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've taken the advice of posters here on the thread, and looked how to check for bed bugs. I've checked over and under the mattress, on the frame and backboard, and haven't found any bugs or eggs.

As for the brown recluse possibility, I've carefully inspected the entire area, and I haven't found any bite marks. The red area is slightly sensitive if I touch it, but the middle doesn't hurt.

EDIT: I also haven't had any other marks on my body. Just took a shower and checked my legs, arm, and upper body. Nothing unusual (except more body hair
)
edit on 1-3-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Any of the stuff in the link apply?

Recluse Bite Symptoms

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I'm going to work in ten minutes or so, I'll be back in seven hours. If by then I experience any of those symptoms, I'll go see a doctor. Either way, I'll let you all know what happens.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A little over an hour in, I'm not experiencing any symptoms. In fact, I'm feeling pretty good right now (I'm sure that won't last after eight hours and I'll be dog tired though
).

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Bed bugs can hide inside of your actual mattress, some people never know they have them until they hire a dog that can smell for them and find where they are at. Bed bugs can be in your couch, luggage, anything that people sit are on for them to feed and live in.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Back from work. Had a pretty busy day, but nothing out of the ordinary. The place on my leg never hurt and I never experienced any of the aforementioned possible symptoms. It has neither grown in size nor shrunk, and looks the same as it did this morning.

As for bed bugs, the problem I have with that explanation is this: I haven't had any red marks or bumps on my skin other than this one very large one. So if it is bed bugs, they were all concentrated in two almost symmetrical areas beside one another, or it's a very large bed bug.

I talked to my father and let him look at it and the larger versions of the pictures. He's been bitten by numerous things in his lifetime, including a brown recluse and a dog. He said, and I quote, "Are you sure somebody didn't bite you? It looks like a human being bit you or something." He said it may be a bruise, but I don't know.

Is it possible to bruise like this without having an apparent cause for it? I haven't bumped that part of my leg into anything to bruise it.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: Had to clarify that the redness hasn't changed.

edit on 1-3-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: Added part about my father.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Scroll down the link for brown recluse bite pictures. What you have looks somewhat similar to day one. If you agree and keep scrolling you'll be on your way to have it checked shortly.

www.spiderzrule.com...

Mayo clinic treatment advice:

www.mayoclinic.com...

Good luck!

edit on 3/1/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join