It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I get sleep Paralysis?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lukepev

Trust me you do not want to experience sleep paralysis, Its not a nice thing at all
Its happened to me more than 5 times in last few years

i completely agree with you, it first happended to me around october last year and really scared me, i tried to shout help and my husband actually heard me trying to shout really quietly. even though its happended several times since it still scares me

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonthedit
All of my lucid dreams turn out bad. When you fall asleep you first start out in nothingness. As you realize you're awake you get a feeling that I can't really describe, but I guess you could call it dread, because it DOES NOT feel good. Then after that you realize your awake somewhere else, or not in yourself, things seem to look at you strangely, or avoid telling you information. When I did this I eventually realized I was awake. So anyway, I remember I saw a cell phone in one of my dreams. I had to remember what the senders info was so I could contact it in the real world (I know, sounds crazy but it was a dream, and I was aware). In the end everyone tried to prevent me from getting that number. I died in the dream, which trigger me basically spazzing and apparently making strange noises throughout the night. I then was in "blank" and finally I woke up.
The only thing I remember from the cellphone was that it was "[email protected]" (it was an email). I can't actually remember where the t or the r were, but I know they were after the "@". And the senders first part before the domain was just "1".

If anyone can explain of experience, or let me know more about these strange occurrences, please let me know.

Those dead ends are well known to lucid dreamers, including my self. It's the subconscious that blocks. Nowadays I don't often have lucide dreams due to fear due to a bad trip in which I was stuck in layers of time and loops of time and not knowing if I was dreaming or not. So after the bad trip I also got scared of lucid dreaming, which is a shame. I had mastered walking through walls by putting a hand in them (they were all like rubbery and easily pushed through).

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by The_Seeker
...I can not describe the feelings as I dont have the words for it, but it is the most horrid thing I have ever experienced and want to stop the experience.

If you are serious about stopping it, this group has a 100% success rate.

stopsleepparalysis.org...

To the OP, please reconsider trying to experiance sleep paralysis, it is nothing to be played with.

WOW Thanks I really appreciate this, just read what I could so far, and very interesting. Just one more thing, the second vid seems to have been removed off You Tube. I had a quick look on Google, but as I dont know what it contains its really difficult to find.

stopsleepparalysis.org...

Here is the link. You hit play and it states that You Tube have removed. Can you help again maybe.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you recognize sleep paralysis for what it is, it's not bad at all. Personally I enjoy fighting against it and trying to move.

My only advice to achieve SP would be to meditate before bed. This should allow you to stay aware as you fall asleep, allowing you to experience all sorts of unusual things. Hypnogogic Imagery, the feeling of your dream body separating from your real body (which most mistake for OBE), and sleep paralysis.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have personally had a handfull of experiences. Some when i was younger and didnt realise what was happening although i clearly remember always hearing wings flapping when it happened, i convinced myself it was a giant eagle trying to snatch me out of my bed! (iwas a big fan of ray harry hausen effects when a child)! This fear of being kidnapped led me to never sleep on my back as this was when it always happened. Moving forward about 10 years or so, i remember one night falling asleep and instantly hearing my sister scream her head off. I shot out of bed and ran across the landing to her room only to find her sound asleep and realise the screaming had stopped. I went back to my room got back in bed and drifted off to sleep, only to be woken by the sound of her screaming again. This time i piled into her room and shook the hell out of her, she didnt wake straight away and this caused my to redouble my efforts to get a response. The second attempt was met by her sitting bolt upright in bed screaming and crying uncontrollably, this woke my mum, when she had calmed down my sister told me she was lying on the floor of her bedroom spinning over and over when i first entered the room, she saw me leave, then saw me re-enter and shake her body which was on the bed. The whole time she was on the floor she was screaming for help. Often wondered how i heard this? Present day, after studying various supernatural phenomena, attending spiritualist churches and discovering i had healing hands i began practicing meditation with a view to have an obe of my own, on five occasions since beginning meditation i have had SP at first it is scary, but if you try to keep in mind that you want this to happen you can actually control the fear and prevent yourself from waking up. Twice i hve felt myself move of the bed, never had my eyes open, really want to be able to do it at will as i want to visit Mars or the moon. One thing i will say is meditation, sleeping on your back and staying away from stimulants even tea and coffee is essential. Keep a clear mind and DONT let fear enter into the process as this WILL bring about some negative consequences. Also remember if you do encounter anything horrible, you will ALWAYS be more powerful than they are, if not then they wouldnt be hiding in the dark. Visualise yourself to be a pure white light this will drive them away.
Good luck on your travels
Have no fear,
Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
I get the feeling that some think Astral Projection/Out of Body experiences are the same as Sleep Paralysis but I don't agree.
I know the feeling of flying, walking down the street and remembering the "dream" afterwards, the Sleep Paralysis experiences that I had and still have are VERY different to Astral Projection which is enjoyable. SP is terrifying, there is always a feeling of a very real danger, of a malevolent energy/entity threatening my life.
The experiences with SP which I have had were all in shades of grey or black. The only sounds which I could hear were the moans which I myself was making trying to call out for help, which were the very sounds which eventually "woke" me up. The paralysis is total and frightening. You can make out a figure but it is never clear what it is, male or female, animal or human, there but not there, just out of reach. But the feeling of absolute terror is always present during my SP epsiodes!
I cannot equate Astral Projection with Sleep Paralysis, they are worlds, or nightmares, apart to me!
That at least is my experience, I can't prove or disprove my point!

Sleep paralysis is a good gateway to have an OBE/AP, I don't think anyone said what your thinking.

By the way to the other posters that keep saying trust me you dont want SP. Like I've said a few times already: achieving SP yourself with will power and total control is a TOTALLY different experience to waking up to a random unwanted SP episode which you find hard to get out of. I'm talking from experience.

P.S To get out of an unwanted SP, try wiggling your big toe, it should help.
edit on 3-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm agreeing with most of the sentiment here. I'm really interested in dream interpretations (hence my user name), and I've had sleep paralysis about 7 - 12 times before. I will say that in every instance I was "sleeping" on my back. It's also not a fun thing to get. Every time I have it, I have tried screaming out for help but was unable to, but can just hear my self trying to yell in my head. Several times I felt like there was a monster or killer trying to attack me with and having a feeling of a heavy weight on my chest.

As for lucid dreaming, I've had them twice, and both times it was incredibly awesome and I want to have them again. Both times I've had lucid dreams I did not have sleep paralysis. I think practicing techniques such as keeping a dream journal and working on dream recall are probably good intro steps for lucid dreaming. This will also help you recognize common elements that dreams have. For me, I am never able to write, or use a computer, a phone, or light switch. Or if i can I use them, they result is unexpected (like not being able to dial the correct number or write the correct words). These things can act as signals that you are dreaming. I saw this advice on a website, that if you are having a lucid dream try spinning if you feel like you're losing control in the dream to help you retain lucidity. It worked for me in one of the lucid dreams I had.

Good luck on whatever it is you want to accomplish.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
in order to induce sleep paralysis sit in your bed close your eyes and do not move! not even and inch just breathe slowly and in 20 min to and hour you should be in sleep paralysis.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Interesting thread, by what I have been reading I'm not sure why anyone would actually want to do it though..

I know I wouldn't but now I am definitely curious..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
In fact I know I wouldn't want to sleep paralysis reading peoples personal experiences are creeping me out enough..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
I am interested in the paranormal and I would love to Astral Project or Lucid dream, I've had no succes yet.
I never had sleep paralysis but I did alot of research about it, I am not afraid of it and I have no fear, because I have nothing to loose.
The reason why I want sleep paralysis is because I want to Astral Project or have lucid dreams, and I've read that it's the gate to astral travel. I've tried different kinds of methods like the ''Mind awake, Body asleep'' repeating method but it didn't work for me, I have also tried Brainwave entrainment like Binaural beats, Monaural beats and Isochronic tones but it all didn't do much to except put me into a nice sleep.

Does anyone have any good tips for me how to get sleep paralysis?

(forgive me if my English is not good, I am not the best at it)
edit on 29-2-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

Stress and lack of sleep is what brings it on for me.
I've been getting it every now and then for years, one year I was even getting it 3-4 times a week.

But believe me you don't want it.

And I lucid dream almost everynight.

edit on 19/3/12 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I have to agree. I can wake and go back to sleep many times and experience it over and over. It is terrifying! I've never been able to open my eyes though. The last time it happened, about a week ago, it felt as if my whole body was vibrating out of this world! I tried to scream, kick, punch, anything to get my wife's attention who was reading a book in bed beside me but nothing worked. I've had sleep paralysis since I was a kid and don't wish it on anyone. Just my two cents...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cpnorrisjr3

I have not had any episodes for a few months. I noticed that the best times, or worse
for some reason, is during the daytime. I know those feelings well though. Speaking of vibrating, my lower jaw has vibrated in a way that is just really strange.

Now here is something interesting that happened the other day. I was on the verge of SP, at that barely asleep barely awake state and i started seeing a really bright light through the opening of the blinds on my widow. Like when sunlight comes through a small crack.

I assume my eyes were closed when i saw this, it is hard to tell, but i can see the light and the window, not so clearly though. Then i feel this pinching on my right index finger like sharp teeth from a small dog lightly biting my finger...actually not so lightly. Like a slightly agitated dog but one that does not want to break the skin.

The reason i mention this is the sensations are so real and i though, even when it was happening that i was going into SP. I felt the pinch like two needles or the eye teeth of a small dog and when i woke up, or came out of it, i expected to see a small dog laying next to me. This was pretty weird but no paralysis.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just a bump too add what method now works daily for me.

First I must keep in mind that I can not or do not want to fall asleep. Usually I do this without an alarm set, with some place to be in an hour or so. Its also easier 1 hour after a meal thanks to digestion taking up so much energy.

I must be on my back on my living room couch, and must I leave the window open, so the normal city noises provide a good mix of white noise and the occasional car door slam, to keep me from truly falling asleep.

Then, I just relax and not move (Very easy an hour after eating AKA Food Coma). Within 15 min of drifting in and out of sleep I become aware of the SP. Sometimes its easy due to the normal hallucinations in this state, other times I do not notice until I attempt to move. Half the time I sense the person in the room feeling.

I can only snap out by focusing my breathing. Often this is scary for me, and triggers sleep apnoea, and the gasp for air wakes me.

Its still scary each time, but I'm getting used to it. The hallucinations are fun, but the most entertaining part, is knowing and feeling I'm moving my arm into my line of site, and when I don't see my arm, it seems to trigger a feeling of awesome!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I hate sleep paralysis because it is a scary feeling. I get it by sleeping on my back or I get it when I wake up really early in the morning and go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Now that I think about it, I never saw it as an out of body experience but more as a nightmare/movie taken place where I'm watching. Kinda freaky though. Not too long ago my bf and I were sleeping on our side with his arm around me and I dreamt he was turning into a demon and I forced myself to wake up. I had sleep paralysis because earlier that morning I woke up at like 4am and couldnt' sleep and finally was able to fall asleep but had nightmare.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OP why the hell do you want to have SP?

Just to think about it sends shivers down my spine

check my thread about SP. Even if people say this is explained by science, for me it is demonic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

It's attempt of possession in my book. Think about it...
Can't wake up
No control
Fear

I feel seizures are possessions

Maybe epilepsy and strokes to. Stay safe from that bs!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've experienced both sleep paralysis and night terrors. They're not the same thing.

With sleep paralysis, I had it once or twice as a young teen. It was pretty awful. I'd wake up and literally couldn't move. It's simply when your mind wakes up before your body. The first time it happened I thought I was paralyzed from the waist down and was thinking that twelve was too young to have that sort of horrible thing thrust upon me.

Night terrors are worse. I never actually got to sleep in the first place with those. That's the whole evil presence thing. Sleep paralysis is something that just happens sometimes. Night terrors are demonic. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
TextText Green
So I also came across this thread after hearing sleep paralysis mensioned in a science video on Youtube. I never really knew that I had this all allong. . . So basically, sometimes if I am really exhausted, I would get this extreme floating feeling, I never tried astral projection but without any doubt this floating feeling has to be astral projection. I usually experience this without any sleep paralysis and without trying it, but this only happens if I am VERY exhausted and reliefed to be in bed. So I experience sleep paralysis and astral projection as two independent stuff even though I understand what the two stuff have in comon and how it connects. Okay, sleep paralysis, I usually don't see anything but I just get that feeling that most people get of extreme evil presence. . . I then try to SCREAM for help and simply can't. Then as soon as I stop trying to scream, I just wake up with terror and usually wake up like this at about 5am. I never knew that this is sleep paralysis and just thought of it as a ordinary "bad dream". It occurs at maximum once a month and indeed it is at most uncalming. Reading through the thread on the topic got me too scared to fall asleep lol. Thos reply probably isn't very helpfull but I am happy to share my experiences. :-)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join