It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

james tuchel 19 years old creates water powered hybrid car

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is my first thread on ats since i joined so forgive me if i do something wrong. I searched for this on ats and couldnt find it so i decided to create a thread on it. So this kid aparently made a water powered hybrid in like 2 months the car uses a 12 volt battery to seperate the water into hydrogen and oxygen. From there the hydrogen combines with some gas to burn in the engine. James hopes to someday make the hybrid run on just water.

"According to James, the car uses the properties in drinking water to increase fuel economy by up to 30 % while dramatically reducing harmful exhaust emissions.

The H2O hybrid vehicle uses a 12volt battery to separate drinking water into two useful elements (oxygen and hydrogen) that fuel the internal combustion engine.

The hydrogen from the electrolysis boosts the internal combustion process as it combines with gasoline entering the engine. Since the car relies on more than one fuel source or energy conversion device, it becomes a hybrid.

For the future, James plans to make the vehicle run entirely on water, without any gasoline.

Because the internet is full of plans sold by scammers, nowadays you don’t really know who is legit in making such claims as to reduce the fuel consumption to such an extent. Still, let’s hope James’ is real and that we’ll hear about it in the future."

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I feel this works as I messed with it for a time. The problem here in this country, you have to get past the cars computers to make this work, as the O2 sensors just enrich the fuel mixture defeating what I was doing. Also right from the start, there is quite a number of folks attacking this idea, paid I expect as I followed a number of sites, and saw the same style and argument on all of these with differing handles of course. I even designed a submersed version that put out a great amount of hydrogen.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Go James, life seems to be treating him well.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

good find. i hope hes for real, and the idea is not buried by the oil interests, or he is not buried by the oil interests lol.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
People who are successful dont use browns gas.

They split the reaction into two tanks and vent the oxygen.

You can also run that fuel in a separate chamber and lace it with said hydrogen to get past the computer.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

I've experimented with many versions of hydrolysis, and I can guarantee that a 12 volt battery will not produce enough hydrogen or oxygen to run a toy car, let alone a real car. Adding an extra 110-amp generator to an already wasteful engine, and letting the wasted horsepower do something useful like turn the generator does actually produce a fairly substantial amount of hydrolysis action, and this action can be fed into air intake, and create a situation where you can dial back the fuel mixture and actually see an improvement in gas mileage! The science is sound, but the effects are negligible.

Plus, it is only useful on over-powered engines like pick up trucks made for hauling, but rarely used for hauling.

Plus, it is hard on the internal engine parts, because it adds water and minerals that create deposits and corrosion.

Plus, the water is used up faster than what most people realize.

So, I don't believe this kid's claim for 1-second.

Currently, I'm trying to conceptualize a system that would use regenerative braking to run the generators that would fuel the hydrolysis, and therefore could be used on already efficient engine designs to make them even more efficient. THE PROBLEM, is collecting the gasses. It is easy to feed the gas into the air intake, but the benefits are negligible that way. The only way to make a significant reduction in fuel costs would be if the engine could run primarily on hydrogen, and then for that you need a compression and storage system, which takes additional power, and you waste all your savings on new processes.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

very relevant information thank you. i felt the same when i saw the 12-volt battery used. it seemed a bit fantastic to me

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

moekuba,
Thanks for your post! Great find! James Tuchel is a good looking young man! (found him on facebook) This thread is true, his success in his H20 Hyrbid is admirable at such a young age! Makes you want to step it up, no?
Thanks for sharing this moekuba!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

your right it does seem like a 12 volt would lack the power to do that i wonder if its just a typo on the site.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

i hope this is for real to gas prices are going up again and we need cheaper ways of transportation

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

For the future, James plans to make the vehicle run entirely on water, without any gasoline.

Because the internet is full of plans sold by scammers, nowadays you don’t really know who is legit in making such claims as to reduce the fuel consumption to such an extent. Still, let’s hope James’ is real and that we’ll hear about it in the future."

I am in two minds with this, because there are other parts of the vehicle made from oil (pretty much the whole lot of it) this might just be the future of cars, given that there are so many other things that need oil as well.

On the other hand, if this is genuine as it appears to be, this might be one of those future suicides that reads...

An inventor was found this morning at the bottom of a river with two gunshot wounds and a knife in his back, police found the suicide note wedged into the inventors back. Witnesses that were obviously shocked and scared described how he committed suicide by shooting himself and stabbing the suicide note into his back before jumping from a ledge on the bridge. Detective inspector panther said "no foul-play was suspected"....

Hopefully it will be the first one but if I were James, I would not be naive if I finished the hybrid and it ran on water alone. There is such a thing as oil companies and I believe they are not just good at spilling oil.

edit on 29-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I had to re-read that a couple of times, because it seemed too real yet unbelievable.

Kind of like all the Micro-biologists that committed suicide in their cars by 1 gunshot wound to the back of the head, or the defense contractor woman that bumped the side wall pulling out of her garage and was immediately consumed in a bizarre accidental fire.

The term "suicided" as a verb has become far too relavent lately! These days people get suicided rather than getting murdered or committing suicide.

I think this kid is safe though, because I am 100% sure that 30% extra efficiency is impossible by the methods they describe. Maybe 3%, but not 30%.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

omg i know lol. idk about where you live at, but in central indianapolis i filled up at $3.69 the other day, and prices still havent gone down. i fear they will only continue to go up

many look over the fact that the prices not only affect the individual driver, but companies as well. i work for a multi million dollar 3rd party logistical company, and we have been increasing our business like crazy because the big logistical competitors cannont compensate their rates and fuel surcharges; however, when gas continues to climb, even the smaller facilities like ours will lose business because we wont be able to compensate our bottom line and couriers fuel surcharge increase.

id assume it has to be the same for flight and sail transportation as well. the more gas climbs, the further the dollar drops, imo, the more business fail- thats guna hurt the countries bottom line, and not just the individual or individual companies

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The science is there for sure, but it doesn't work like that.
Ok, hydrogen cars exist, but most of them are fuel celled, which work differently than a modification to the combustion engine to allow hydrogen (which is what the article implies).
But
The electrolysis is really inefficient. You'd gain more of a boost using the battery on its own. Don't forget, the battery that powers the electolysis has to get a charge from somewhere, and a significant amount of that charge is lost to heat when charging the electrolysis.
Hydrogen is not a power source, it collects and stores energy in this case, from the 12v battery and then is used in the combustion engine.

This has already been done before, there are patents that date back decades that you can download and make yourself.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Good to see someone that had tried this actually saying it doesn't work (as expected) rather than the usual "it doubled my mpg"

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

yea im in central michigan and it $3.89.99 a gallon and it going to keep going up. i heard it will be 5 dollars a gallon by summer time.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i also seen something on the news a month or so ago about a 17 year old high school student that was creating a water powered motor i wanted to make a thread on him but i couldnt find anything on it. Did anyone else see that on the news? i wonder if he commited suicide??

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You'll always hear this from the Brits but it's about $8.50 per gallon over here. And my main car only does 19mpg

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

$8.50 a gallon! that is insane. I hope gas prices never go that high where i live because i wouldnt be able to afford to drive anymore.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe

Good to see someone that had tried this actually saying it doesn't work (as expected) rather than the usual "it doubled my mpg"

Ya, it actually does "work" it just isn't significant enough to matter. Creating a platform for the electrolysis, and piping the gasses into the intake is actually simpler than you would expect. We also experimented with many different types of catalysts such as adding alcohol and peroxide to the mixture. We also tried many different types of cathode and anode posts, such as copper and aluminum screens to increase surface area. We were able to get some very good "bubbling" action and the gasses and vapors, and notice the impact it had on the engines, but it wasn't enough to impact gas mileage.

I think it is worth pursuing. In my opinion, the big area for improvement is in high power / high horsepower engines that waste the majority of their potential during idle or typical drives. Adding more and more generator power does not lower their gas mileage, but it does add plenty of electricity for electrolysis, which can be converted to the gas.

Enough fiddling for the exact parameters might eventually give a gas guzzler a 5 or 10% increase in mpg. That would make it worthwhile over time.
edit on 29-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join