It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation cover up "Now Documented"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I spent 18 months working in a plant of the same design as the ones that melted down. I remember working on the fuel floor and looking at the used rod storage pool and seeing how full it was. If the plant I worked at melted down half of the US eastern seaboard would be contaminated......

February 27, 2012

The FOIA request was initiated by the Friends of the Earth (FOE), the Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR), and the Nuclear Information and Resource Center (NIRS) in March of 2011. Physicians for Social Responsibility explains the purpose of the request on YubaNet.com:

“On March 16, 2011, NRC Commissioner Gregory B Jaczko told Congress that he was recommending the 50-mile evacuation radius. The scope of the recommended evacuation is highly unusual and suggestive of extraordinarily high radiation levels in excess of those reported to the public in Japan and the U.S., …In the U.S., nuclear reactor licensees and local governments are only asked to provide for evacuation out to 10 miles. As concerns grow about food and water contamination in Japan, the three groups…are seeking to determine the answer to this key question: What made Jaczko exceed the limits of his own agency’s regulations by five times?”

http://(nolink)/2012 /02/27/blockbuster-documents-reveal-fukushima-coverup-deception-86561/

The facts are out now and here are a few!

395 pages of NRC Emails and more reveal the inner workings of the cover-up. Includes the emails quoted above.

NRC Emails

blog.alexanderhiggins.... com/2011/08/04/canada-government-covered-massive-amounts-radiation-canadian-air-49771/

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OP could you please give a synopsis of what is contained in those e-mails? What has been covered up that the documents show? I find it interesting you worked in a similar plant, there was a "Frontline" broadcast tonight. They pumped a lot of water into all of the reactors to keep them from a meltdown, according to "Frontline", they (the Japanese) believe they succeeded. I would like to know where did all the water they pumped into those reactors go? Didn't it overflow at some point? Did it all go into the Pacific? lol Not sure if you can answer my questions, but there they are.

need to fix your 1st and 3rd links

edit on 28-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If I had to guess, I'd say the recommendation from the guy here had a whole lot to do with whatever report was made by the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan on March 13th. Yours shows a date of the 16th for that testimony before Congress. That would make sense.

Original Story for U.S.S. Reagan finding radiation cloud - March 2011

That also talked about the Reagan's helicopters being coated with radioactive particulate at 60 miles out. I'm glad the story isn't being entirely forgotten. The evil unleashed at Fukushima in all that material blowing all over the place sure hasn't forgotten all of us. It's the ultimate gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Months after, I believe it was late August, TEPCO admitted they KNEW that 3 of the reactors had a Full Meltdown within the first 24 hours.

TEPCO board members should be held for Crimes Against Humanity and Hanged.... every one of them.

They knew of the radiation , and lied to cover it up.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Links are still broken on OP thread.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I would like to know where did all the water they pumped into those reactors go? Didn't it overflow at some point? Did it all go into the Pacific? lol Not sure if you can answer my questions, but there they are.

A lot of the water boiled off as radioactive steam or leaked into the pacific through a network of cracks/drainage lines. The water that leaked into the Pacific carried with it untold numbers of microscopic buckeyballs which was made up of uranium and other elements.

(translation credit to manicminxx)

Originals here:Predictive Water Accumulation 08/31/2011

Some of the water was reclaimed and has been fillin an ever growing number of storage tanks that have to be continually added to the tank farm.

(tank farm photos credit to zworld)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thank you so much for your reply, very informative
I of course suspected the leaks into the Pacific and have been following the threads on here tracking the radiation. I did not know about the storage tanks, disturbing. Sort of the Scarlett O'Hara solution to nuclear waste.
Great pics and illustrations

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
James Corbett of corbettreport.com reports live from the rally against nuclear power in Osaka, Japan in commemoration of the first anniversary of the start of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear crisis. For more information on Fukushima and nuclear power in Japan, please visit FukushimaUpdate.com

OSAKA JAPAN ONE YEAR RALLY

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LedaOhio

Here is an additional video that supplements the Corbett Report (above thanks to LedaOhio) where Dr. Helen Caldicott is interviewed about the largest industrial accident in human history.

top topics

join