It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney, Mormonism and Behavioral Modification

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This thread is presented to consider the possibility that Behavioral Modification is a huge part of what doesn't make the mainstream media and that Romney has ties to such consideration and implementation of such programs, through his wealth and his religion. I have demonstrated many times, through my own threads and those others have posted, that I believe that I am a part of an experimental behavioral modification program via remote control (which, if true, means that the American taxpayer paid for the tech, the research and the application yet knows nothing about it). While I will state again that I believe that to be true, this thread will look at some interesting connections regarding the thread title. Unfortunately, I do admit that the presentation that follows does not confirm my conclusions but I am hoping that the cumulative sources, while mostly unconnected, shows the reasonable possibility. Either way, this is a conspiracy site and off the wall extrapolations are quite normal here...and if I am wrong, I still feel better than had I just assumed aliens.

Right. So here is the first interesting point of ponderence in the loose combination of information.

There are many high level Mormons in the Regan Administration, and many who serve in the NSA, CIA and FBI.

Source

After all, it is widely known that Mormons have had a disproportionate representation in the CIA and FBI through the years, and that J. Edgar Hoover started the FBI with Mormon agents. They also have a disproportionate representation in the US Congress - five Mormon senators and 12 representatives - partly because of the concentration of Mormons in the Western US.

Source

Time Magazine, August 4, 1997, has an article titled "Kingdom Come" by David Van Biema (in fact, the entire magazine issue is about the Mormon Church, titled 'Mormons, Inc.: The secrets of America's most prosperous religion')

On page 52 I read, "The FBI and CIA, drawn by a seemingly incorruptible rectitude, have instituted Mormon-recruiting plans."

Source

The Mormon religion is a very strict upbringing and relies on cult like peer pressure to insure that Mormons not only buy into the religion but shun others who are not Mormon in their own personal social circles. I grew up in the religion so I can say this from subjective experience. I seriously could not really socialize outside of that religion until my later teenage years when I could finally rebel and refuse church.

But that is relevant in this thread only because it is their ingrained inclination towards loyalty that makes them perfect for Alphabet Agency recruitment. Who better to trust then someone who was brought up with strict behavioral standards?

While I find that to be a relevant note, it by no means illustrates the picture I am trying to paint. But it does show Mormon proximity to the intelligence agencies. It also shows that there is a Bush connection (Second link) and if the FBI was founded with Mormons, then there is a possibility that their presence in the NSA when the Star Wars defense program was approved during the Reagan administration indicates knowledge of some of the suspiced remote influence of human behavior attributed to satellite/cellular technology by those who are looking into the remote control mind control topics. Not a slam dunk but certainly suggestive when other considerations are added to the mix.

Such as the following.

Did you know, if you are rich enough, you can legally make your child disappear? There are agencies that will come in the middle of the night and kidnap your child. It happens every night, there are children that will awake to strangers at the foot of their bed tonight. This is highly traumatic for kids, they will remember it clearly for the rest of their lives.

These places exist in all 50 states, there are hundreds of them. It is a billion-dollar industry, corporate America is involved, as well as some big politicians (Romney, both Bush's, Santorum). At any given time there are 10,000-100,000 kids locked in programs designed to "break" them.

Source

There are 'schools' which parents can pay to have their children placed in, like a boarding school, that in actuality act as behavioral modification programs designed to impose specific attitudes if the child is not aligned with what parents think their child should be (keep in mind that society has imposed/does impose certain parameters for a successful individual through stigmatizing anything that isn't conducive to monetary gain et cetera, something I think is emphasized much more in affluent circles). These places are designed as a strict daily regiment that punishes severely any behavioral deviance from the daily routine, implementing programs intended to numb the mind and preventing any communication with the outside world - much like a cult.

And Romney, along with the Bush's and Santorum for that matter, are associated with these programs - which incidentally are very profitable. So we have Mormons associated with recruiting preference amongst our intelligence agencies and even public office (Romney was being discussed for the Presidency as early as 2007) and demonstrable associations with Behavioral Modification institutions. Where is the Mind Control aspect?

Oddly enough, it actually exists in a very obscure reference to most everyone who doesn't consider Mind Control topics. And it involves his George Romney...Mitt's father.

Michigan's Governor George Romney was very much interested in implementing mind control of the masses. He wanted to bring the Satanic rituals of child abuse that were proliferating in the Catholic Church into the Mormon church. He wanted a robotic society growing up within the Mormon church so that they would give more money to the NWO effort.
One of the things that he instructed me to do was to attend the Muskegon Catholic Central High School -- which was very much involved in this ClA/Jesuit merger of mind control information. Through implementation of trauma in the school system, a person such as myself would photographically record whatever I was taught. I got all A's but I didn't gain any information I could use. I couldn't think to use anything that I had learned, but I was recording facts and that's what they were interested in.
......Governor Romney was also interested in an early version of the Global Education 2000 Program (Outcome-Based Education) that's infiltrated our school system It was designed to increase our children's learning capacity while decreasing their ability to critically analyze. As a result, the Michigan education system ranked first in the nation for many years but the devastation to the children was horrible.

Source

The most interesting aspect of this source, seeing as it is kind of indirect and mostly subjective, is that the Romney name was associated with Mind Control in 1995 - way before there was any reason to think Mitt was going to be a Presidential candidate. So, one wonders, why would Romney be associated with this topic?

I am of course always skeptical when it comes to singular and unconnected references so I did a search ("Romney Behavioral Study" as search terms) and found the following -

Se arch Results

I did multiple searches with various last names so the above is really a left field inference from me but it does show that the Romney name has many associations in the Behavioral sciences and even more interesting, the third link from the top contains the name "Kimball"...which happens to be the last name of the twelfth President of the Mormon church. Are the Romneys and Kimball in the above search the two people I am referencing? No. Does it demonstrate potential interest from both families in human behavior? Yes.

Actually, I know that the direct above is kind of a stretch as it is. I don't know how to trace genealogy so the above could be refuted on that note...as well as other reasons. Any help on that regard would be appreciated.

At the very least, it can be stated that Romney has some questionable associations and that the Mormon church has some interesting associations regarding the topic. Is my theory a slam dunk? Hell no. Is there enough there for me to reasonably consider the possibility that the theory has possible roots in reality? Combined with my personal experiences and history, I would say yes. Did I want to put this in a thread and present it for others to deride and/or consider...yep...because I certainly do not have the time and/or capacity to effectively research it.

Remember - I am just a poor conspiracy theorist who is putting some of his concerns upon upstanding millionaires...at the very least, this is a topic that may never have seen the light of day, true or not. At the very least, it is a beginning towards the consideration of why our leaders typically come from very affluent backgrounds and what they could possibly do with all of the money that they earn through personal ventures and where the taxpayers money gets allocated if not for public education, welfare, et cetera.

Money buys control and influence over people. And that is a science that has yet to be perfected and which potentially has new technology to be studied and applied in pursuit of such control/influence.

And remember - this is speculative and certainly not the first time that Mormonism has been questioned on these lines I am not saying every Mormon is in on it or knows everything about it all if there is something to be in on (Compartmentalization). Nor am I calling them evil or anything of that nature so don't hold me to any belief of anything unless I have explicitly said so.

But I do think that this is a valid consideration.

Flame away!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think you are right on the money. I would like to offer a personal observation that might provide some insight. During college I made a friend from Greewich, CT who came from 2nd gen big money. He introduced me to his friends at Washington College in Maryland some of whom came from "real money" families.

I understood it to be a school for "American Royalty" but those lacking Ivy League entree. I was astounded by a reaction I came to know as common in that set. Ever confident they possessed the breeding to wind up in boardrooms of the largest corporations and high-profile non-profits and positions of power in DC, there was a distinct unease, bordering on fear if ever challenged or embarrassed by people of the servant class.

It was as if they were so removed from ever needing a job that they could not Identify in the least. They seemed to lack (generalizing of course) any capacity for empathy towards working class stiffs and had an irrational phobia. I could understand how, on some level that, seeing the need for peasants to serve food and clean locker rooms at the club, but fearing some potential for future unrest, some could identify with a plot to make the serfs subserviant.

Those telling uncomfortable moments were far and few between and the tension generally lasted mere seconds before some dismissive comment broke the uncomfortable silence, yet those seconds spoke volumes. It struck me as so ironic that these powerful individuals generally in complete control could feel threatened by what would be percieved as an inconsequential action by most ordinary people.
edit on 28-2-2012 by zarp3333 because: I in?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Thanks for the positive response and the interesting experience. I am not surprised in the least. I certainly think that there is a way different mentality amongst the upper echelons of our society. Not all but certainly those who are being groomed for 'leadership' positions. The name of their game is to maintain their positions and perpetuate distraction amongst those who aren't in their social circle. They want to maintain their status and as such they certainly have the motive to research personality, behaviour and the manipulation of such.

I want to quickly add that after I posted this thread, less than thirty minutes after, someone posted a link that I followed (She isn't on ATS as far as I know and she is a 'friend' on facebook which does not use my ATS name).

The link is The Ultimate Blasphemy - The Mechanisms Of Covert Mind Reading And Other High Tech Crimes

Relevant to this thread? Indirectly yes. Directly...a weird coincidence. The above linked was authored by a Paul Baird...which also happens to be the exact name of an individual I went to the Mormon church with. He moved into the ward when I was a freshman in high school and had custody (for some reason or another) of a girl (not his daughter) who would end up being my first date at a high school dance...

Mormon references are all over the place today for some reason...and this one was not sought out by me.

Edit to Add - I highly doubt it is the same Baird. Haven't seen that guy in something like fifteen years nor do I need to.

edit on Tue, 28 Feb 2012 00:49:08 -0600 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Have you ever read the Pearl of Great Price?
Companion book to the book of Mormon.
If not id advise a skim through it....
also theres a dude on you tube that tells some revealing stories about how the mormons have altered and hidden certain aspects of church history......
Ill be back......
I am
expatriot too......probably excommunicated by now....
peace .........s

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Have you ever read the Pearl of Great Price?
Companion book to the book of Mormon.

I actually haven't, nor have I read the Doctrine and Covenants, which is another Mormon companion book. I was an indoctrinated Mormon and was never interested in going along with the lessons. I would be interested in reading them now without the 'brainwashed perspective' as there may be some interesting pints for extrapolation. Seriously, if I knew then what I know now I would have stayed in the religion to see what the hell they do in the temple.

I think that there is a reason that information on the Mormons was a part of Wikileaks 'wish list' back in the day (before they became famous)...I am hoping that they got something because I am the only one I see who is trying to connect these dots and I am doing it without any substantial proof - just indirect correlations and personal experience...which doesn't fly in today's 'pics or it didn't happen' world...

One day perhaps...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I must say bravo. This is a well written and researched thread. I have long suspected the Mormon Church of having a firm grip but never really thought of them and mind control until now.
Ill have to keep an eye out for more evidence of this. I am currently watching my father's boss closely. He is a devoted member of the Mormon Church and is VERY influential in the local politics where i live. I have a theory about TPTB using the Mormon Church as puppets to do their dirty work and will definitely factor in your Romney/Mind Control theories.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The Mormon religion is a very strict upbringing and relies on cult like peer pressure to insure that Mormons not only buy into the religion but shun others who are not Mormon in their own personal social circles. I grew up in the religion so I can say this from subjective experience. I seriously could not really socialize outside of that religion until my later teenage years when I could finally rebel and refuse church.

Hmm havent got any opinion on Mormons being heavily prevalent in Intelligent circles, but to me thats like saying we have X number of jews in Banking therefore there must be something fishy going on with em. I mean how many members from other christian flavors work in the Intelligence industry?.. im sure there would be just as many if not more than LDS members.

My main crux with your post though is the part I quoted above, not sure what its like in America, and i know some wards even in New Zealand can have their own way of doing things and in small town America im sure its even stronger in this regard. But having grown up in the Church into my late teens and having been inactive for the past 15 years I have to disagree with you on the "very strict upbringing" and "Shun others who arent Mormon" notions. Never in my life did I ever see this happen or even encouraged, or even mentioned. Especially in some form of strong peer pressure (Compared to my experiences and interactions with my numerous cousins who all grew up in the Jehovas Witnesses, now THAT is a church that does everything in its power to make its members fear and shun the outside world in a really heavy handed and scarey way).

I had no friends inside the church personally, sure I was friendly with those in my age group, and I went to activities but everyone I knew of my age in the Church had non member friends and socialized freely with non members and members alike.

So from my 'subjective' experience Id have to say sorry you got born into an overly zealous stake/ward as your early experiences, but your experience isnt in my mind indicative of how the Church is in total, at least not outside of America and even then id say the Church outside of Utah. From talking with my parents and cousins American cousins who are in the church nothing as far as ive seen has changed in that regard.

All religions have indoctrination of some degree, but no, Mormons aint like some cult where once you enter your never heard or seen of again (ie The Exclusive Brethren).

I know it really wasnt relevant to your topic, but I thought id just squash/counter what i saw as an incorrect notion (even if it was subjective) being used as a form of attack (from appearances). Are they perfect, hell no, after all any organization is made up of individuals and individuals vary greatly from the saintly to the selfish.

Do I trust Romney? Heck no, the guys a rich religious republican
even if he is the same denomination as I was/am.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoWorldOrder12
I must say bravo. This is a well written and researched thread.

Thank you. I must admit that the thread was hashed together in little more than an hour. The links I found through quick searches (save for the one in my second post) because I knew that they had to exist somewhere on the web. As well, the Romney/Kimball angle is something I think I would like to flesh out more. If the two are related to the Mormon families then there is a very circumstantial connection between the interest in behavioral sciences that would help support the idea that the upper echelons of the Mormon Church are using hi tech Mind Control. Remember, all data for human behavior need not be gained surreptitiously or under false pretenses in order to be considered valid. Some of the basic observations that come from studying tribes who have little contact with the Modern Western World are relevant in that it helps to ascertain what types of human behavior is more of an ingrained inclination as opposed to trying to decipher how much of modern society influences people in Western societies (which is still important but my point is that there is relevance to connecting the google search above to my/the bigger picture).

I really would be interested if anyone has any suggestions on how to research the family trees so to speak. I really think that such an angle is unique and could provide more objective information if determined to be true.

Ill have to keep an eye out for more evidence of this. I am currently watching my father's boss closely. He is a devoted member of the Mormon Church and is VERY influential in the local politics where i live. I have a theory about TPTB using the Mormon Church as puppets to do their dirty work and will definitely factor in your Romney/Mind Control theories.

If the California vote on Prop 8 is any indication, the Mormon Church can set their followers into motion for political influence very quickly and very effectively. Which suggests that lobbyists are not the only people to be concerned about when politics need to be influenced. Religion is a very powerful tool and I would not be surprised to see that there is religious manipulation to influence votes. I wrote a thread a while back that focused on an NSA document that included the 'empowerment of the youth in the Seven Day Adventist Church' within their Activity Plan...www.abovetopsecret.com... I suspect that Mormonism isn't the only religion but I would like to maintain focus on the Mormons for this thread.

Knowledge of Global Conspiracies...not just for secretive elitists any more.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

No worries. I should certainly acknowledge that my experience is not the norm. I loathe absolute generalizations and want to be called out whenever I use them...good looking out...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

First off, I want you to know that I have read through everything in your thread. I have scoured most of the sources, struggled through your own commentary, and I have read your responses to the back-patting you’ve been receiving from fellow ATSers.

I also grew up a Mormon. I was baptized when I was 8 years old, and I attended service quite regularly until about the age of 16. Since then, I have become an atheist, had my name officially removed from Mormon records, and I have succeeded in pulling my parents away from the church for the most part. My father held the Aaronic and Melchizidek Priesthoods, I (as well as my twin brother and older brother) held the Aaronic Priesthood, and my mother headed the Young Women’s Group for numerous years (the Laurels). I point all of this out so that you know I am a credible poster, and that I am in NO way attempting to derail your thread. Moving on…

There are many high level Mormons in the Regan Administration, and many who serve in the NSA, CIA and FBI.

The very first source you list is from a blog post by a Mormon. Why is this important? Because it adds nothing to your argument. This is some random guy on the Internet suggesting that there are large numbers of Mormons holding spots in the upper echelons of government. He provides no sources and no proof. Thus, this source is completely invalid. It would be like if I started bragging about the numbers of atheists that work with the CIA; it would come across more as bragging than anything else, regardless of whether or not it was true. I'm not quite sure what this source was supposed to prove.

After all, it is widely known that Mormons have had a disproportionate representation in the CIA and FBI through the years, and that J. Edgar Hoover started the FBI with Mormon agents. They also have a disproportionate representation in the US Congress - five Mormon senators and 12 representatives - partly because of the concentration of Mormons in the Western US.

The second source you cite is a ranting, scathing epitaph against the Mormon Church from a clearly biased individual. Want proof? Here you go:

So with no hearings scheduled on these cults anytime soon in the Senate Judiciary Committee, law enforcement is not pressed to do its job.

Why the vitriol? While Suzan Mazur raises some interesting questions, she provides nothing but speculation. And again, she only suggests that a disproportionate amount of Mormons serve in the various areas of the government, without giving specific statistics. In fact, the only specific statistic she throws out there is that 17 Mormons combined serve in the House and Senate.

What does this prove? She’s even nice enough to concede the point that most of these officeholders hail from the west, where a large percentage of American Mormons live. Might that have something to do with it? Why isn’t she also throwing out the percentage of individuals who happen to be Catholic that hold office, or the number of Protestants, or Evangelicals, or Jews? Sounds like scapegoating to me.

Time Magazine, August 4, 1997, has an article titled "Kingdom Come" by David Van Biema (in fact, the entire magazine issue is about the Mormon Church, titled 'Mormons, Inc.: The secrets of America's most prosperous religion'
On page 52 I read, "The FBI and CIA, drawn by a seemingly incorruptible rectitude, have instituted Mormon-recruiting plans." )

This third source is one of the more interesting ones, as it comes from a message board on democraticunderground.com. While that article does exist, the individual referencing it provides absolutely nothing to back his claims, almost suggesting that the lone sentence he quotes proves that a grand conspiracy exists.

I want to point out that I have heard such things about Mormons and intelligence agencies, and I am not doubting that some recruiting practices are geared towards Mormons. But the same has been said about Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as Jews, and while it may be unfair to individuals of a different religious stripe, it proves nothing about your point. Might it have something to do with the fact that Mormons (as well as Jehovah's Witnesses) do adhere to strict health standards, removing nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, and other such artificial stimulants from their lives? Might it also have something to do with the fact that Mormons hold the American Constitution, as well as American society in general, very highly in their belief system? I tend to think that those have more to do with this than anything else, especially some absurd claim of ties to mind control.

Page 2 of response coming...

link   

Page 2

The Mormon religion is a very strict upbringing and relies on cult like peer pressure to insure that Mormons not only buy into the religion but shun others who are not Mormon in their own personal social circles.

The Mormon Church has no required or specified form of upbringing. As you should know, seeing as you were once a Mormon yourself, the church believes in a strong family structure but that ultimately said families are to be headed in a way that the husband and wife find appropriate. It is absolutely true that some Mormons are stricter than others, as with any religion. For example, I knew a Mormon who had to go to bed by 8 pm every evening, was not allowed to watch The Simpsons or similar shows, and could not participate in sporting events on Sundays (he was a very talented baseball player). My parents, on the other hand, were far more lenient on when I went to bed, were never worried about what I watched on television, allowed me to participate in sporting events any day I needed, and did not raise a finger when I cracked open a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Your claim that the Mormon Church relies on a “cult like pressure” is out of line. Remember, I am now an atheist, and I ultimately find the teachings of the Mormon Church to be wrong and entirely untrue, but I was raised to combat ignorance whenever I stumble upon it. Your claim regarding the cultish atmosphere, as well as your claims about “peer pressure” and shunning of others, are based in ignorance. I never attended a church dance, and I was never told I had to hang out with only Mormons. That’s absurd.

I grew up in the religion so I can say this from subjective experience. I seriously could not really socialize outside of that religion until my later teenage years when I could finally rebel and refuse church.

As mentioned many times already, I grew up in the church as well. If that is how your parents treated you, I am sorry. The few Mormons I associated with, however, acted like regular teenagers and never discriminated in who they associated with. In fact, I would bet that there are very few Mormons (and I am talking non-Fundametalist) who "shun" anyone, period. Unless maybe we're talking homosexuals, but that's neither here nor there.

if the FBI was founded with Mormons, then there is a possibility that their presence in the NSA when the Star Wars defense program was approved during the Reagan administration indicates knowledge of some of the suspiced remote influence of human behavior attributed to satellite/cellular technology by those who are looking into the remote control mind control topics.

This is a loaded, contrived, and completely absurd claim. Everything you have highlighted here is off-the-wall crazy.

The source you quote in regards to Romney's father is probably the least credible one you’ve used. This ridiculous paragraph is from an ebook you found online, one with no references and no quotes. The individual writing it does not seem the slightest bit qualified to take on the subject they have, and every bit I read I did so with a grimace on my face—no wonder it was never published. It is un-academic, un-believable, and the information the author uses seems to have been pulled from the air. In other words, it is completely unreliable drivel.

Did you know, if you are rich enough, you can legally make your child disappear? There are agencies that will come in the middle of the night and kidnap your child. It happens every night, there are children that will awake to strangers at the foot of their bed tonight. This is highly traumatic for kids, they will remember it clearly for the rest of their lives.
These places exist in all 50 states, there are hundreds of them. It is a billion-dollar industry, corporate America is involved, as well as some big politicians (Romney, both Bush's, Santorum). At any given time there are 10,000-100,000 kids locked in programs designed to "break" them.

The source you use here comes from reddit and provides three references, one from Reason (credible), one from Muckety News (never heard of them) and one from Huffington Post (credible). The first reference is in regards to Romney and comes from Reason Magazine, a libertarian website I frequent, and one I have actually contributed to.

What you fail to mention upon presenting this source is that Romney himself is not directly associated with any of the groups or alternative schools listed. Instead, he has individuals working for him who have had known ties. Now, based on the descriptions of these pesky little camps and schools, I could not agree more that Romney has no business associating with people who have such ties. However, it does not make Romney guilty; it makes his 2007 Utah finance co-chair, Robert Lichfield, guilty.

link   

Page 3

The second reference from your reddit source (Mukety) pertains to both Bush and Romney. Again, this only shows that they had individuals working for them, giving them money, or both who had connections to said shady schools, not the individuals you actually incriminate. The third reference from Huffington Post addresses Santorum, and it actually does point to credible evidence that he serves on a board for one of these shady alternative schools that is currently being served. Yet Santorum is a Catholic, so are you also implying that a Catholic conspiracy exists? Perhaps the Mormons and Catholics teamed up? I’m not quite sure what this is supposed to prove.

I did multiple searches with various last names so the above is really a left field inference from me but it does show that the Romney name has many associations in the Behavioral sciences and even more interesting, the third link from the top contains the name "Kimball"...which happens to be the last name of the twelfth President of the Mormon church. Are the Romneys and Kimball in the above search the two people I am referencing? No. Does it demonstrate potential interest from both families in human behavior? Yes.

Incorrect. It implies nothing of the sort.

At the very least, it can be stated that Romney has some questionable associations and that the Mormon church has some interesting associations regarding the topic.

I don’t see how you have accomplished any of these goals. The only evidence you provide in the case of Romney stems from a distant connection he had with a state co-chair five years ago and a poorly written ebook from an obscure writer with no references.

Is there enough there for me to reasonably consider the possibility that the theory has possible roots in reality? Combined with my personal experiences and history, I would say yes.

I would so no. The reason for this is simple: you admitted earlier to spending about an hour putting this thread together. With the evidence I have reviewed, I cannot imagine that any serious research actually took place.

At the very least, it is a beginning towards the consideration of why our leaders typically come from very affluent backgrounds and what they could possibly do with all of the money that they earn through personal ventures and where the taxpayers money gets allocated if not for public education, welfare, et cetera.

Instead, you have done none of this. You have created a thread that has attacked an individual with no evidence to your wild claims, and you have implied that some sort of in-depth conspiracy exists regarding mind-control and the Mormon Church. Nothing you have presented is accurate. Nothing you have provided has given even the slightest bit of credence to your absurd insinuations.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

couldnt agree with you more. its seems you are trying to make something out of nothing.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Many Mormons(LDS) get in the NSA, CIA and FBI because they don't use drugs or drink that excludes many of the problem with getting high security clearance and holding that clearance.

You would likely find a higher then normal number of Mormons working at area 51 for that same reason.

As for Mormon parents being strict and the Behavioral Modification that is BS and this misinformation is mostly caused by stories about those weird fake Mormon cults you hear about on the news..

Also the Mormon church only wants new members that want to be Mormons

Plus there is no brainwashing at all in the Mormon church.

Many thing you hear about the LDS church are made up by ex members and many were forced to join by some of the few psycho parents that some times join but in most cases get excommunicated with year or two when the church starts to understand them. By the way the children of these nut case parents never get excommunicated and in all cases the LDS church will report child abuse to the authorities.

I am a exmenber of the LDS church. and i still have friends that are in the LDS church and none have shunned me.
There are a number of churches in the US that are far worse then the Mormon church and i have ran into them in the southeastern US.
The Mormons have never tried to dictate how i should live my life and have never bothered me after i left.

But there are non Mormon churches like some of the baptist churches in Texas that are real AH and try to dictate to every one in town how they should live and shun people that do not go to there church or do not go to church.

Some or the people from Texas on ATS can tell you what churches these are because i totally ignored them when i live in Texas. or told them what i thought about them right to there faces.
edit on 28-2-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 28-2-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 28-2-2012 by ANNED because: dp

link   

edit on 28-2-2012 by ANNED because: dp

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Many Mormons(LDS) get in the NSA, CIA and FBI because they don't use drugs or drink that excludes many of the problem with getting high security clearance and holding that clearance.

You would likely find a higher then normal number of Mormons working at area 51 for that same reason.

As for Mormon parents being strict and the Behavioral Modification that is BS and this misinformation is mostly caused by stories about those weird fake Mormon cults you hear about on the news..

Also the Mormon church only wants new members that want to be Mormons

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh - - - someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

There is so much mis-information about Mormons - - - its actually difficult to find real honest information.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
First off, I want you to know that I have read through everything in your thread.

I stated that it was a hashed out thread and I also asked for help. Seeing as I wasn't really expecting it, I will settle for a point by point counter to my 'theory'...

I'll be back to address your posts in a bit; I really have very little time for everything I have going on in my world...
edit on Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:58:54 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Coding.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The very first source you list is from a blog post by a Mormon. Why is this important? Because it adds nothing to your argument.

Well...it does. The problem is that I wrote this thread in the heat of the moment so to speak and was really not vetting my sources, preferring to cite things for the sake of citation. But all the information is solid; there are just some very disparate connections which need to be more tangible...an admittedly difficult thing to due (and not because it's not there). For the above questionable citation, here is CNN...

Bridge-building between Mormons and the conservative movement helps explain the Reagan administration’s push to hire many Mormons into the White House - which further cemented the alliance. That bond continues to lure Mormons to D.C.
Better Source

The second source you cite is a ranting, scathing epitaph against the Mormon Church from a clearly biased individual.

So? the foundation for which the bias is stemming is fairly solid information. See above better source.

Why the vitriol? While Suzan Mazur raises some interesting questions, she provides nothing but speculation. And again, she only suggests that a disproportionate amount of Mormons serve in the various areas of the government, without giving specific statistics. In fact, the only specific statistic she throws out there is that 17 Mormons combined serve in the House and Senate.

Not sure why the vitriol. Various reasons. My controlled vitriol has its' basis in something that I can't prove, for example. Working on that...

Still, the lack of specific statistics is likely due to the fact that there was no reason (as seen by those who control/led) the media) for that information to be collated and distributed in the mass media pre-internet with said information continuing to be lost in the sea of information post. In fact, the only reason that CNN article exists is because Romney is running and the information is relevant all of a sudden to create the impression that Mormonism isn't a new thing so why be concerned with it...it's a very nonchalant article albeit kind of low key.

I tend to think that those have more to do with this than anything else, especially some absurd claim of ties to mind control.

I never said that such circumstances were necessarily exclusive to my 'absurd' claims to mind control. I should also make it clear that I don't think it is just the religion involved in my 'absurd' claims and neither do I think that all in the religion are aware of it. It's never that easy.

The Mormon Church has no required or specified form of upbringing.
[snip]
Your claim that the Mormon Church relies on a “cult like pressure” is out of line.

I am not out of line and you're presumption that your experience trumps mine is a bit disconcerting. While I can agree that there is no overt and obvious doctrine prohibiting outside affiliations it is certainly in my experience that this was very much encouraged on a subtle level, which included the overextension of church meetings and activities beyond Sunday's and private meetings with the Bishop regarding behaviors. I had a bishop go so far as to tell me that I was a bad influence when I was wearing a maroon shirt instead of the uniform white when attending church. Testimony meetings are another form of implicit peer pressure as people will just sit in silence until someone gets up to relate an experience which somehow relates how they were moved or felt by the 'spirit'. You may disagree with my interpretation of the meeting but I am quite certain that to be a viable impression. I would indeed be more than happy to continue this portion of the discussion to explain my reasoning with solid foundation if you would like.

One needs to consider, including myself, from time to time that not every individual experience is exactly the same or even similar in some cases...

The few Mormons I associated with, however, acted like regular teenagers and never discriminated in who they associated with.

My Brother looks down on anything not associated with the church.

if the FBI was founded with Mormons, then there is a possibility that their presence in the NSA when the Star Wars defense program was approved during the Reagan administration indicates knowledge of some of the suspiced remote influence of human behavior attributed to satellite/cellular technology by those who are looking into the remote control mind control topics.

This is a loaded, contrived, and completely absurd claim. Everything you have highlighted here is off-the-wall crazy.

Crazy because it doesn't match a Hollywood formulaic expression? Fair enough. The actual "remote control/syntel/mind control theory" has yet to be proven, much less a Mormon connection. I aim high though...

The source you quote in regards to Romney's father is probably the least credible one you’ve used. This ridiculous paragraph is from an ebook you found online, one with no references and no quotes. The individual writing it does not seem the slightest bit qualified to take on the subject they have, and every bit I read I did so with a grimace on my face—no wonder it was never published. It is un-academic, un-believable, and the information the author uses seems to have been pulled from the air. In other words, it is completely unreliable drivel.

It's also one of my favorite links to this and the one that got me thinking in this direction. I don't agree with everything that Cathy O'Brien says. I think that some of the extreme accusations and religious overtones is a tactic used by some to be able to communicate sensitive information alongside high connotation and sensationalistic material to either implicitly provide for "false or forgettable by association" or to just make the information difficult to wade through. Further discussion on this thought process would be interesting as well as it requires attention to normal human dissociative inclinations regarding unconditioned informations. Suffice to say - She cited Romney in 1995...long before Mitt was being publicly considered for a run at the Presidency and she is a purported mind control victim.

What was her interest back then? It's a prescient expression relative to her molestation and satanic allegations...

Say what you want about that source but the fact that it pre-dates current events is an eye brow raiser when coupled with such an unlikely source.

What you fail to mention upon presenting this source is that Romney himself is not directly associated with any of the groups or alternative schools listed. Instead, he has individuals working for him who have had known ties. Now, based on the descriptions of these pesky little camps and schools, I could not agree more that Romney has no business associating with people who have such ties. However, it does not make Romney guilty;

gawker.com...

It gets even more interesting..We have Romney associated with El Salvadorian Death Squads, Behavior Modification Schools and has money all over the world without transparency or accountability. The links don't just tail off into nothing...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join