It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster crowd for Ron Paul, Michigan State University Auditorium

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

you are either completely nuts or a paid bot for the other candidates.

Dr. RON PAUL - 'freedom is tolerance."
Let Freedom ring - vote PRESIDENT PAUL, PRESIDENT PAUL, PRESIDENT PAUL.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
May we count Romneys Cadillacs, too? *scnr*

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

I think anyone is ignorant to fully believe RP does not lie either, he IS A CAREER POLITICIAN for gods sake...he is not Gandi...

Sniper

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Lol I wonder why a marine wouldn't like RP to be elected? Afraid you will be out of a job maybe? Great job trying to say everyone that supports him is a druggie too, that was real classy.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

Awesome because I don't agree with you I am a BOT...funny, I am a Serving US Marine not a political shill...your response towards my view point shows how in the tank and blinded you are. I support not one candidate in particular...the only I do know is I do not support Obama...

Anyway do the liberal thing and call me what you want just because our opinions differ...its your right as an American...God Bless America...

Sniper

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There is little doubt! Lets just hope Ron makes an independant run!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A better word for Ron Paul supporters is sheep. That’s right. The same insult you launch at anyone who opposes your views is quite appropriate to describe your cult. This Cult dosn't know how to deal with critisism, when talking about their Guru. you are imediatley Acused of being payed for or Biased...
Ron Paul is seductive on his non-adventurism in overseas entanglements and sane drug policy but take a look at the history of Pinochet's Chile--that's what he wants to do here. 50% unemployment. A huge drop in people with social security (because they privatized it). No department of education. etc. Ron Paul is great where he is, throwing zingers at Republican conventions, but if you vote for him, you're throwing away your vote because he'll never be elected president (for good reason) and if by some strange miracle he does get elected, you won't like what he will do...The supporters of raun paul in my opinion are no different then the supporters of Hitler in 1932, or the Usfull Idiots Stalin used and threw away like a napkin.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Again not all of us serving support RP, if so 1.4 million of us would equal a lot more donations towards his campaign. My druggie comment has merit to a degree would you not say specific to the college crowd...?

I don't know if I would be out of a job, but I can say I love my job, there is no greater thrill or adrenaline rush than what I do in MY OPINION.

I personally have nothing against RP, I just would not be ignorant and live off his every word, he is a politician...a CAREER politician after all, that is fact.

And I am not one of those "oh he will spoil it for the GOP". I don't care its America and he has every right to run as an independent the same way Roseanne Bar can run as the green party candidate...

Have an open mind to all because there is no such thing as a savior...

TKDRL I am not your enemy because I have differing opinions...

Sniper

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If Paul had the MSM behind him imagine the crowds that would turn out.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

First of all, I would like to say if you read my comment as being hostile, that was not how it was meant to come across.

As for the college kids and drugs comment, yeah I do think you are wrong there. Perhaps because I come from a bluecollar backround, I see things differently. Everyone I know that went to college, either their parents were blue collar, and would woop their ass for wasting their money, or they took out their own loans and did not want to waste their own money. So no one I knew was a druggie in college. Cut loose on the weekends and drink some beer for sure, but so do their parents after a work week, and they do just fine.

Oh and just to point out, calling him a carreer politician is not right. He was a doctor, and took up politics after retirement. That's like calling my grandfather a carreer gardener, because he grew a patch of crops to keep busy after he retired.
edit on Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:12:27 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

If the mainstream ever found out what Paul actually believed his crowds would disappear. Check out his run for President in 1988.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This brought tears to my eyes. It is so good to see that many awake young people who love the TRUE message of Libery that Dr. Paul is spreading. There is hope for our Republic yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSRFACISTS
A better word for Ron Paul supporters is sheep. That’s right. The same insult you launch at anyone who opposes your views is quite appropriate to describe your cult. This Cult dosn't know how to deal with critisism, when talking about their Guru. you are imediatley Acused of being payed for or Biased...
Ron Paul is seductive on his non-adventurism in overseas entanglements and sane drug policy but take a look at the history of Pinochet's Chile--that's what he wants to do here. 50% unemployment. A huge drop in people with social security (because they privatized it). No department of education. etc. Ron Paul is great where he is, throwing zingers at Republican conventions, but if you vote for him, you're throwing away your vote because he'll never be elected president (for good reason) and if by some strange miracle he does get elected, you won't like what he will do...The supporters of raun paul in my opinion are no different then the supporters of Hitler in 1932, or the Usfull Idiots Stalin used and threw away like a napkin.

Sheep... meet robot.

Being sheep, I don't think we really care. We'll still vote for him.
edit on 28-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I now don't like to comment on politics due to the pre-crime law emperor obama put into place. but seriously do any of you ats'ers really believe Ron Paul has a chance in hell of getting elected? look what has already happened to Ron Paul in maine. he is pretty much censored in the msm his own party is plotting against him and the multinational corporations and banks that control everything will never allow him to be president.
America seems to be positioning itself for civil war (ie troops coming home, FEMA camps, rigged elections, occupy movement, Anonymous etc..) this farce that's called an election takes place I can already hear the cries " wheres my vote?"
I will wager Ron Paul will be assassinated or worse discredited with a scandal in someway between now and November.

2012 the great year of change or perhaps the year the people finally realize everything they believed and trusted (ie church and state) was a lie. that the era of corruption, lies and control end and just to add a little footnote IF by some MIRACLE Ron Paul does get elected I would expect him to open the gates of AREA 51 and get nasa to tell the TRUTH

"DISCLOSURE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hhhmmm - House of Representatives 1976-77, 79-85, 97-present, seems like a bit of time on and off to me...but what do I know.

I guess he is the only non insider that has served a total of 22 years in Congress. : ) AGAIN I SUPPORT NO ONE CANDIDATE...nor even giving an opinion about any other in a positive light, just waned to point that out.

You should know that SOME of us in the military view college kids as drinkers and druggies, to us taking ecstasy or using pot is considered a druggie...because if we used it and popped on a piss test we would be fraked. (its not a jealousy thing because we need our wits to do our jobs correctly)...

Sniper

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hey TKDRL, I think you have Blue and White collar confused brother, even a blue collar military guy like me know the difference : ) unless you underachieved on purpose (joke laugh)...

Blue Collar: probably no college
A blue-collar worker is a member of the working class who performs manual labor. Blue-collar work may involve skilled or unskilled, manufacturing, mining, construction

White Collar: probably college
The term white-collar worker refers to a person who performs professional, managerial, or administrative work, in contrast with a blue-collar worker, whose job requires manual

Sniper

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I am a country boy, not many white collar jobs to fill there

Myself, I have been in the construction business since I was 16(didn't drop out, but worked in the summertime, crap wendy's job during the school year). Specialized in hardwood floors during the construction boom, but have done framing, sheetrocking, tilework and roofing as well. Most people I knew were bluecollar families, mostly construction too, a few lumberjacks.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by mrnotobc

Too bad they will be to drunk or high to vote come election day...seriously I would say more than half only support him due to his open drug stance, the rest might care about foreign policy and war but that is just my opinion.

You are Soooo wrong here. I am a 40 y.o. father of 3, in a very conservative town which is strongly supporting Ron Paul. His appeal to many is the honesty in his message. We all know the ship is sinking. Ron Paul is the only person in government with the cahones to say it out loud.

If you still think he will get the GOP nod YOUR FREAKING DREAMING...if he runs as an independent he will lose BADLY...but its his right to run regardless of the consequences of 4 more years of Obama.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I suspect you are right. As an independent the MSM can continue to marginalize him and play the divisive card all day long. I still think he would get significant numbers, at least double digits (I would predict 20+ %) in a national 3-way election. That would certainly send a clear message.

You RP fanatics are no different than the Obama fanatics...he will gut the Military 100 times worse than Obama which means laying off a good portion of our Active duty and reserves...under RP I believe this country will see misery for 5-10 years similar to the great depression with all the radical changes he THINKS he can make. Unemployment will shoot up overnight. Our friends and allies around the world will laugh at us, OPEC will probably dump the dollar, we will lose any global strength we had an be turned into a 3rd class country.

He's not running for dictator, nor does he believe in BEING a dictator. His ideas would move the government towards a smaller, more constitutional model. He's not some megalomaniac, nor a fool. Changes would unfold in a logical and stable manner, not an overnight 'armaggedon of layoffs'.

More than 1.4 million people serve in the active Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force, and more than 1.2 million serve etc. Let not forget about defense contractors and all the tech and inventions that come out of the military...

You cannot stop and turn a Aircraft carrier on a dime which is precisely what RP wants to do...

Sniper...

This is the very root of the problem sniper. Can't you see that our government is owned and operated by these very interests? Wars are provoked, laws and policies implemented, in order to further the gains and profits of the warmongers? THe industry began to serve the war effort, now the war effort serves the industry.

Ron Paul's changes would be hard...IMO a good analogy is someone kicking an addiction. The suffering experienced is the ONLY way to get back to being healthy. And I am willing to endure that suffering so my kids can have some semblance of the country I grew up in.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

What you don't understand is that Ron Paul would hand power to the elite, the top 1%, by deregulating business and allowing monopolies.

The problem with the system is that it's been corrupted by business. Giving it completely over to business isn't the solution.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join