It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CATS RULE!!! New cat saves owner's life hours after being adopted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here is a nice little story to warm the heart of any cat lover; A woman adopts a cat and the same night she takes him home, he saves her life in the middle of the night. This big guy is a hero.

Sturgeon Bay cat saves owner's life
Feline wakes woman from diabetic seizure

Amy Jung and her son, Ethan Jung, originally went to the Door County Humane Society on Feb. 8 to play with the cats, not to bring one home. Then Jung, 36, saw Pudding lying on a counter. She made a quick decision to adopt Pudding and his pal Wimsy.

When the Jungs arrived home, the 21-pound, orange-and-white Pudding made himself right at home, acting as if he had always been there.

"He just really took right over. Really second nature," she said.

At around 9:30 p.m., she went to bed and about 1½ hours later, the prodigious kitty came to her rescue.

Jung, who was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 4, started to have a seizure. According to Jung, Pudding planted his weight on her chest and, when he could not wake her, began swatting her face and biting her nose.
"Anything he could to pull me out of it (the seizure)," she said.

It worked. She woke up and the convulsions stopped long enough for her to call to her son for help. When Ethan did not respond to the calls, the cat ran to his room and jumped on his bed.

Ethan later told her that he didn't know anything was wrong until the giant cat landing on the bed woke him up.

Jung is convinced that she would not have survived the night if Pudding had not intervened.

Green Bay Press Gazzette

I love how he immediately made himself at home at her house and knew enough to wake up her son when she couldn't help herself. Now, her doctor is registering him as a threapy animal and she says he meows at her when he senses that her insulin is low.

Lets see some silly dog do that.

edit on 2/27/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My old dog has saved my life, similar to this, but either way animals are amazing. Especially it being the first night for the cat in this house !

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

While I love my cat (Cyrus)...that animal is unstable and we cannot allow him around new people or those he hasn't seen in awhile (include the vets). And he came pretty close to killing me one day for some unknown reason with a bite to my neck and cheek that came not far from vitals in my throat - and cats have VERY dirty mouths. The swelling the next few days got me out of work for awhile until the antibiotics did their bit.

All that aside, when it's just us at home, he's the best - loves to play with the dog, very affectionate (definitely a needy old lap-cat), and so soft. I just wish that hair would all stay attached to his body.

This, though, is a great story. I have to wonder if the cat had ulterior motives or was actually responding to the distress in a helpful way. Very glad he could help, regardless...they're great critters when no high strangeness is going on, and we'd all be poorer off without them.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

FortAnthem,
This is an amazing story! Thank you for sharing! I got the goosebumps. Cats and dogs are great pets, pets in general are great, loyal companions! In this case lifesavers! I bet she is very thankful for adopting those cats. I feel this was one of those 'happened for a reason moments'..If not I fear her son might not have heard her is she would have been able to call to him at all without that awesome cat! Thank you for sharing this , all the more motive to get a new kitty since I lost my sweet Nigel :/
Thank you for sharing this awesome pet story I will pass it on to my animal loving friends, and my none animal loving friends to help show them why they should!

Thanks FortAnthem!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Not that I don't think cats can be as helpful as stated in the OP, reading your post immediately made me think of the movie Cats Eye, where the cat was trying to steal her breath.

As much as I love my kitten, she is locked out of the bedroom at night.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I had a cat that looked just like her cat. He was a long haired orange tabby and the smartest cat I ever had. He would visit friends and attempt to get in their apartment - when they tried to prevent him getting in by blocking the way with their hands he would slap at their hands as if to say "I am coming in! How dare you try to keep me out?" And he constantly talked as much as a cat can with an entire range of meow sounds that let you know exactly what he was trying to say by the inflection and his expression. Tabbys are supposedly the smartest cats and I think orange tabbys are extra smart where-as white or mostly white cats are a little nuts.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Cats: 1
Dogs: 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Still got a bit of catching up to do, but its good to see a start.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Cats are very cool I have four and the one she has seems to be God sent.

They actually do train dogs for that very purpose to sense seizures and many other tasks for medical needy peoples. I know hey have one dog that sniffs out cancer even when doctors can't find it because it is so small. The dog is a hundred percent on the money according to the article I read some years ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

My husband and I have three cats,there is always a kitty in
bed with us.Cats also make great foot warmers!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

excuse me...dogs have owners and cats have staff!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
Cats: 1
Dogs: 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Still got a bit of catching up to do, but its good to see a start.

Aw c'mon, everybody knows Lassie PUSHED Timmy down that well so she could make everybody think she was a hero.

edit on 2/27/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
My two boys and myself love cats. Too bad we can't own one because my husband is allergic to them. The only way I'm having a cat is if I get a divorce! lol Just kidding, if you read this honey!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Cats rule dogs drool yay. J/K I love both of them equally but I prefer cats to dogs as their fur is softer and I think they're cuter.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is actually really cute. Too bad my cat would have just slept on my face and allowed me to die in a similar situation, so she could steal the pillow space!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
We adopted two boys a year and a half a go when they were kittens. One of them will do the same things to wake up hubby when he has an epileptic seizure. He will also meow like he's trying to talk when he feels a seizure coming on. Like he's trying to say "sit down daddy, you're gonna have a seizure"

top topics

join