It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "God" the Devil?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well I'll be eaten by wolves and crapped off a cliff! This ain't the user name with which I intended to post. Been using my original name Lightworth, but the #ing password doesn't work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Devil is or would be the right name or designation if such a being is real. It's not that the Devil would be merely a more appropriate term than Satan; it's that the former is correct and the latter utterly incorrect. The fictional name Satan (and obviously Lucifer) is dependent on bull# (Abrahamic) religious doctrine and other religion-based, extra-Biblical gobbledygook manufactured strictly by men/Earthly humans, whereas the Devil would be the most basic, unbiased, scientific (enough) designation of the creature, if he, she or it exists.

Devil is only as Devil does. The proof is in the sociological pudding, that is, proof of the WAY overabundance of evil/pathology, if not a single Devil-alien with huge powers. Just look around, open your eyes, or open your nostrils (so to speak), for the Devil's or evil's stench is basically everywhere. Is there a single most powerfully malevolent - or at least on the balance malevolent - being of the unseen realm who somehow ultimately controls ALL political, economic AND religious (not to be confused with spiritual) institutions, affairs on this planet? I'm not saying there definitely is, but am open to the apparent possibility of such gargantuan filth. If the monster really exists, how could it NOT be the primary force behind the secrecy-BASED political world as we know it? It would require secrecy above all else for its very survival, as the most cowardly criminals always do.

The mafia-type "Yahweh" creep of the Old Testament, assuming he really lived in some obviously solely advanced tech-using ET way, is THE prime example of the Devil or other rotten enough ET posing as "God" or the alleged Creator of the WHOLE DANG UNIVERSE. Gosh, how convenient, imagine that! Behold THE biggest lie in recorded history that begat the 3 most powerfully screwed up and brainwashing (Abrahamic) religions this world has known. Thanks millions, "God."

True devilry is much more than obvious psychopathic killers and other overtly violent or otherwise criminal dregs. It's primarily about monolithic political (including religious) control with lies, other deceptions, rule BY secrecy. Rule by cowardice, cynicism etc., with the strongest imaginable (or unimaginable) conviction that the people are too stupid and weak to handle truth, is the biggest, most powerful by FAR reflection of the Devil, or whatever else is behind the existing political world. Such dark side types indeed bend over backwards to try to emphasize as much goodness and kindness as they can muster, which of course is never enough overall. They very often cloak themselves in their religions. The Devil, if real, could only rejoice in such a schizoid-duplicitous Earthly Hell.

So "devil worship" is a redundant term. Anyone who would even TOLERATE, much less require, being outright worshipped is by default devilish enough in the least.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Dean Goldberry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Gnostic "religion" teaches that the Jewish deity who created mankind is indeed an evil one (and also not the only G'd) who wants to enslave mankind for his own needs. This Gnostic believe system was the actual base for Christianity... So in fact: Christianity = Gnosticism, but in a different kind of package....

And here it goes wrong, Satan was something completely different in the Jewish texts than what christianity claims. In short: satan was somekind of angel which was under the control of G'd, and this Satan-deity tested people in their fate. Just read the story about Job in the old testament, sums it al up.

I hope this helps....

And I must state that I don't belive in Christianity or Gnosticism, both false teachings.
edit on 26-2-2012 by yougetwhatyoudeserve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
suspicious: the old testament god could not fight against iron chariots of the egyptians. the same is said about some jinns or demons, which seem to have problems with a couple of metals.

edit on 26-2-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
suspicious: the old testament god could not fight against iron chariots of the egyptians. the same is said about some jinns or demons.

Actually he did fight them, but I don't have time to get into this matter because it has nothing to do with the subject of this topic...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

I don't have much to add here other than I don't believe in the Devil. I'm sure I will enjoy some of the responses to this thread though.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Dean Goldberry,
Thank you for taking your time to post, even if not on the desired name, hehe.

I do enjoy reading your views of Devil issues. I do see what you are saying because myself for a long time, when being bombarded with Christian nonsence, thought to myself...but if I see the Devil in everything around me that I do, see and feel, and works in every way and influences everything in this world..then just what the hell was really going on because this doesnt fit. I feel the christianity phase has confused us all and set us off from the true path. Atleast it did me. Not anymore though! Deny Ignorance. As a young girl I was required to read the King James an NIV Bible and worship or believe or risk expulsion and burning and hell. But I always asked why. & that didnt fly well. What you have written about here is a lot of things I have wondered about thank you for putting them so blatenly!!
I like to hear you rant lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Dean Goldberry,
Thank you for taking your time to post, even if not on the desired name, hehe.

I do enjoy reading your views of Devil issues. I do see what you are saying because myself for a long time, when being bombarded with Christian nonsence, thought to myself...but if I see the Devil in everything around me that I do, see and feel, and works in every way and influences everything in this world..then just what the hell was really going on because this doesnt fit. I feel the christianity phase has confused us all and set us off from the true path. Atleast it did me. Not anymore though! Deny Ignorance. As a young girl I was required to read the King James an NIV Bible and worship or believe or risk expulsion and burning and hell. But I always asked why. & that didnt fly well. What you have written about here is a lot of things I have wondered about thank you for putting them so blatenly!!
I like to hear you rant lol

Hell, the place were JC refers to, was a place outside of Jerusalem where people burned their garbage in a giant fire which they kept burning day and night with the use of phosphor. They also used this fire to execute criminals, which would be thrown into it (thrown into the ever burning fire).

In Hebrew it was called : Gehenna

You can read more about this right here: en.wikipedia.org...

So, how does it feel to know that there "is NO hell" ? Must be a relief !

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
some humans are the devil

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I just can't be religious until i know the truth, (which will probably be too late), i'm just worried that the devil/satan whatever, has convinced people that he is god/jesus in that name.
Some jehova witnesses started talking to me a while ago, and i questioned them about this and they just went quiet and changed the subject.
Hopefully that saying ''Good will prevail'' is true.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

I don't have much to add here other than I don't believe in the Devil.

Do you believe in god?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
According to Strong's, the word translated "devil" occurs 61 times in 57 verses in the KJV. All of these instances are found in the New Testament. The fact that the word does not appear in the Old Testament reveals that the early Hebrews did not require a personification of evil in order to keep the believers in line, the theatrical and overtly emotional Yaweh was sufficient. In sharp contrast, the word translated "Satan" does appear in the Old Testament. The word is translated numerous times as a masculine noun signifying a personification of an adversary, yet with no bearing or reference to "Lucifer" which has nothing to do with the devil. Further study yields information that the word was also used in connection with non-Satan oriented verses such as Num. 22:22 where the angel of the Lord stood in the way as an adversary: and I Kings 11:14 where the Lord stirred up an adversary unto Solomon in the form of Hadad the Edomite. Bottom line in my opinion, the devil/satan are fabrications of a evolving religion used to maintain control of believers.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by broahes

I don't have much to add here other than I don't believe in the Devil.

Do you believe in god?

No

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yougetwhatyoudeserve

And I must state that I don't belive in Christianity or Gnosticism, both false teachings.

Do you think there are any true teachings? or are our beliefs rooted in a thick soil of ignorance and it should be excepted that we by default are more ignorant then knowing when it comes to the nature of the universe and earthly existence?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by yougetwhatyoudeserve

Do you think there are any true teachings? or are our beliefs rooted in a thick soil of ignorance and it should be excepted that we by default are more ignorant then knowing when it comes to the nature of the universe and earthly existence?

True teachings, or whatever you want to call it. Are scattered around in daily life and existence, which also means that every single religion on his own has a small part of the "truth". They are (in my opinion) becoming false when you blindly accept one and only that one, without further questioning the matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am God and I am the Devil.

They are our creations, our explanations for forces inside our own consciousness, that we use on a daily basis.
When going in with ignorance, we do some awful/benevolant acts throughout the day.

Remember, acting out of fear and hate is the "devil" inside you acting.
Acting out of Love and selflessness is the "god" part acting. The beauty of this is that you empower which one you wish to portray in your life.

Peace Love and understanding
There's no Love in fear

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

God is all things.. So I guess he must be the devil too..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Your "god" IS the demiurge, or devil. It is insane, and thinks it is God. But it's not.

THIS IS HELL.

Until you figure it out, you will be punished by being reincarnated here IN HELL.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Sounds like you came to the same conclusions I did, friend. I can just imagine those Annunaki sitting up there in their "sky chariots," after creating these religions and Gods for everyone to fight and kill each other over. I'll bet they all had a good laugh before they went off.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Your "god" IS the demiurge, or devil. It is insane, and thinks it is God. But it's not.

THIS IS HELL.

Until you figure it out, you will be punished by being reincarnated here IN HELL.

Well, that is in short exactly what Gnosticism teaches.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you follow GOD you're just a DOG in the end, an owned life. if you follow the DEVIL you'll have LIVED and experienced the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join