It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddities (Ingonga)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So I was watching it tonight and there was something called an ingonga(sp?) on the show and it was kind of interesting. Apparently it is from the congo and it's basically a cauldron with chains wrapped all around the cauldron and there is a spirit inside of the cauldron (they said evil but the lady they talked to didn't really say evil). Anyway I'm interested in if anybody can tell me more about it or knows anything about them?

edit on 26-2-2012 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
never heard of it, google doesnt have any info about it

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
never heard of it, google doesnt have any info about it

haha yeah I thought that was weird too. It's a reality show so maybe it's made up but if it's real it seemed kind of interesting. Maybe my spelling is off more than I thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Could it have been a variation of the Ouanga bag??

A type of talismans made from a variety of different materials. These grant the wearer Powers and Abilities that are otherwise unavailable to mortals.

Voodoo did originate in the Congo so maybe the earlier model of the quanga bag was a ouanga cauldron?

The chains could have been used to wake the spirit inside the cauldron.

Anyway, "ingonga" and "ouanga" sound pretty similar...

Peace
edit on 26-2-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the item is, but the people on that show seem to be rather well educated.. I'd love it if someone could post a link.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
I'm not sure what the item is, but the people on that show seem to be rather well educated.. I'd love it if someone could post a link.

Yeah they had no idea what it was either and took it to some place and she knew what it was. If I can find a video I will post it.

The episode is called Black Magic Woman. It's season 3 I believe. but I will try and keep searching for something.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman441
So I was watching it tonight and there was something called an ingonga(sp?) on the show and it was kind of interesting. Apparently it is from the congo and it's basically a cauldron with chains wrapped all around the cauldron and there is a spirit inside of the cauldron (they said evil but the lady they talked to didn't really say evil). Anyway I'm interested in if anybody can tell me more about it or knows anything about them?

hello sandman441, i've not seen the show but i'm familiar with the Nganga
(yes, spelling makes a difference in this case)
some links for you ... nganga/Kongo
nganga/Palo Mayombe
nganga/Santeria

several religions utilize such an artifact and its purpose varies depending on the desired result.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
that is awesome thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
nevermind,
edit on 25-1-2014 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

top topics

join