It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOBE (Lucid OBE)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There seems to be active interest in OBEs, or Astral Travel, in the ATS community. I'm not going to elaborate but I will say I have been involved in many paranomal experiences for many years now. Extracting knowledge from most spritual systems from a broad range of cultures, past and present. I see alot of common themes, which makes sense to me =)
I research and practice alot with meditation, obes, lucid dreaming, and like techniques. It's been my experience that these all draw from the same source ___(insert whatever word there). I might even venture to say they are the same thing. Perhaps what makes them different is 'Intent'?
That being said here is my suggestion to aspiring astral travelers:

Become an experienced lucid dreamer. Then use THAT state to have your OBE. My most profound astral travel experience was a conscious OBE I had during a lucid dream.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow funny you mention that, as I become closer and closer to having an OBE, which is really weird. Also, i find that attempting and OBE before i go to sleep makes me wake up partially at like 5am, particually last nite, where it felt i was floating and seeing though my eyes were closed...quite un-nerving actually; or i can go into a lucid dream. Maybe if i keep attempting this ill get even closer to having an OBE. But thanx for the advice!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I agree, it is much easier for people to try and achieve an OOBE through a lucid dream than trying to shift out consciously. I first tried to have an OBE and with six months of sheer determination never achieved one. I then practiced having lucid dreams since they were much easier to achieve. I started seeing results in two weeks. This has now given me the ability to go from lucid to out of body.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Your welcome Freedom_88, and godspeed.

Yes I would also recommend that thread. Dream Yoga in gereral.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Tamahu, but i think i read the course already ... but i'd recommend it to anyone else thinking of astral projecting and the such!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Cool.

You might want to check it every now and then, as I don't think they have added sections six and seven yet.

Peace

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
There seems to be active interest in OBEs, or Astral Travel, in the ATS community. I'm not going to elaborate but I will say I have been involved in many paranomal experiences for many years now. Extracting knowledge from most spritual systems from a broad range of cultures, past and present. I see alot of common themes, which makes sense to me =)
I research and practice alot with meditation, obes, lucid dreaming, and like techniques. It's been my experience that these all draw from the same source ___(insert whatever word there). I might even venture to say they are the same thing. Perhaps what makes them different is 'Intent'?
That being said here is my suggestion to aspiring astral travelers:

Become an experienced lucid dreamer. Then use THAT state to have your OBE. My most profound astral travel experience was a conscious OBE I had during a lucid dream.

I also must agree with what Lucid Lunacy has stated here. Him and I have been friends for quite some time now, and we have both experienced OBE's or LOBE's we like to call them. He is quite knowledgeable in the the realms of this discussion and any questions should be U2U's to him as he will be a great benefactor in ones journey towards OBE's and many other phenomena.

There has also been some research done about what some doctors and scientists call the God Spot in the brain. I haven't had the time to delve into its complexity, functions, etc however this is what I have heard about it. A portion of the brain that all humans have, and is ready available for use (meaning it isn't developed by certain people and not for others depending on personal subjective experience) has been shown to suggest a region of the brain for recieving and transmitting 'spiritual' messages. For example, Persons who experienced a seizure, and afterward admitted that they had an OBE or an extremely spiritual journey, showed intense usage of the Godspot. Also when persons were asked to think about religion or spiritual events in their life, the 'God Spot' showed an interesting level of activity.

Since I haven't seen the research myself, I can only guess at what these finding might implicate.. however, for those interested in furthering your knowledge about the God Spot or OBE's I suggest looking this up

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yeah that's the Pineal Gland^^^.

It's covered in the link I provided in these threads:

Originally posted by Tamahu
My suggestion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join