It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facts You Didn't Know About U.S. Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
www.uniquescoop.com...

Heres a list complete with pictures of presidents
each pic has a small snippet of imformation some quirky some interesting and one i thought was a bit creepy
Enjoy

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

the one about jacksons parrot makes me laugh haha

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting. Cool to hear things that make them more human and easier to relate to. My favorite probably has to be that Quincy Adams regularly skinny dipped.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
they got so funny towards the end. G H bush was a good athlete, obama like comics, whats next? romeny says he avoids male pattern baldness by abstaining from diet drinks?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
How on earth did Taft getting stuck in the bathtub not make this list?!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So Bush junior and William Henry Harrision both enjoy goats and Coolidge supplies the Vaseline. What a trio those three would make for each other.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well...the only one I didn't know ...or remember was Franklin Peirce swore his oath on a law book and not the bible! My new favorite President!!! At least he had the stones to admit what most Presidents wont.

And a little extra tidbit about Andrew Johnson, he indeed was very drunk during his inauguration speech. And even vomited into the top hat he was wearing at the time.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Somehow it didn't surprise me that Nixon was a card shark, Reagan was a comedian and Baby Bush was a cheerleader.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Obama is a comic book geek. That might be his only saving grace for me!

I had a feeling though, He did a cameo in the last Spiderman comic! I've also tracked down some links, which are authentic, for 5 other pretty funny Obama comics 5 real Obama comics

I have a first printing of 'Barrak the Barbarian'. Not that impressive, but a nice addition to the collection.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It would also appear J F Kennedy and Bill Clinton had something in-common when it came to young interns.

Thanks to Ms. Alford’s memoir — which was released last week and well publicized — everyone now knows that, on the fourth day of her internship, after a trusted aide and go-between, David Powers, plied the 19-year-old intern with daiquiris, the president gave her a private tour of the White House residence and then took her virginity on the first lady’s bed. (Mrs. Kennedy, conveniently, was away.) They embarked on an affair that lasted 18 months, until Nov. 15, 1963,

www.nytimes.com...
I'm thinking other Presidents may of had a Taste For Young Interns,,,,,,, But Who?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thanks for posting!

Chester A. Arthur... me and fine have two things in common...

We're sharp dressed and stay up all night
mushwhaha

new topics

top topics

join